Yingluck claims she has washed hands off politics

webfact

1 hour ago, scorecard said:

And you can respond in whatever way you like, but personally I don't buy your response. 

I'm not selling anyway. Take it or leave it - it's all the same to me. Remain true to your own opinions until and unless what you see or what you are obliged by events to think about change your mind for you.

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply
26 minutes ago, scorecard said:

Ahh self analysis time is it el, and your a master considering the number of times you have posted blatant untruths on the forum, and been called out for it.

Really? Say you so? I've never seen him do that.

9 minutes ago, HalfLight said:

I'm not selling anyway. Take it or leave it - it's all the same to me. Remain true to your own opinions until and unless what you see or what you are obliged by events to think about change your mind for you.

I don't buy your last comment either.

5 minutes ago, scorecard said:

I have, he's been called out for this many times by several TV members.

Well, I'll believe it if and when I see it. With respect, you are one of the more sensible of TVF posters, weirdness being excluded. I don't know the others, they could be the B&P Pattaya brigade for all I know - more testosterone than synapse juice ya know...?

3 hours ago, unamazedloso said:

Yeh shes a pig but better than the pigs at the trough now. I guess i could say that about anyone though and it would still be true.

Good to see the chinese will employ a criminal. Best feed them more free meals and airport lanes then!

I wonder if she's employed in this position by a branch of the Chinese government, or is she a shareholder / senior office bearer in a recently set up company, registered by herself and using her Cambodian passport?

A mystery...

8 hours ago, HalfLight said:

Hmmm. Maybe, but there is a lot of doubt that she personally was corrupt. Sadly (for Thailand) there is no such doubt in respect of the current hierarchy. ALL the current hierarchy. In general,

if a band of robbers HAS TO take power at the point of a gun, they have no legitimate claim to that power, and that applies to every coup and every coup-maker. One day, the Thai people will say "enough"; whether or not that time is this time? Who's to say? Maybe.

Personally I have a lot of doubt about the Thai inclination/ability to manage their country properly. In my view, the Yingluck government represented the only opportunity for a long long time to manage it well, and rid itself of the baleful influence of people whose self-assessment of their value seems out of step with what most believe their true value to be - look how that turned out...

Doubt she was corrupt - that must be the most naive comment of the year and it's only January!!

Do you think she cared where her billions came from? Anymore than her big brother and clan patriarch does.  

Do you think all her future "business" is going to be totally legit?

Wake up and smell the coffee. 

You really think she and her brother's gang managed the worst flood in decades and the rice scheme effectively?  Geez!

5 minutes ago, Baerboxer said:

Doubt she was corrupt - that must be the most naive comment of the year and it's only January!!

Do you think she cared where her billions came from? Anymore than her big brother and clan patriarch does.  

You really think she and her brother's gang managed the worst flood in decades and the rice scheme effectively?  Geez!

No wait. I just saw whose post I was going to respond to.

Sorry.

20 minutes ago, Baerboxer said:

Well they did manage one aspect of the flood - amazingly many handout bags etc., paid for by tax payers money had stickers attached 'from Thaksin with love' (and note that Thaksin was not in Thailand he had fled to Dubai to avoid 2 years in jail because he was convicted of serious abuse of authority).  

Was she obviously corrupt, or was she quite clever at clearly avoiding any scenarios linked to possible corruption or did her minions / big brother's minders deliberately and successfully keep her away from this (she had a good role model for this in CM, now also absconded).

10 hours ago, TopDeadSenter said:

She always had that rabbit caught in the headlights expression, her rice scheme was destined for disaster and she didn't bat an eyelid, she surrounded herself with her brother's sketchy yes men, and was a joke PM. And yet she was so much better in every respect that the guys that couped her. Is it wrong to be missing her?

Crooks are crooks, regardless of what kind of clothes they're wearing, and whether they're thieving directly for themselves, or merely being a patsy to thieve for others.

8 minutes ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

Crooks are crooks, regardless of what kind of clothes they're wearing, and whether they're thieving directly for themselves, or merely being a patsy to thieve for others.

The sad thing is I think all of them in power somehow think its ok to steal and have no problems with nepotism. 

4 minutes ago, robblok said:

The sad thing is I think all of them in power somehow think its ok to steal and have no problems with nepotism. 

Well said, and that includes appoint 'yes sir, yes sir' scaly cronies and leeches to ministerial positions, throw them into the shxx at the deep end, watch them get 42 / 38 years in jail and then ignore them and flee. 

Such nice folks.

9 hours ago, Prissana Pescud said:

She does not need politics anymore. She and her corrupt cronies fleeced the country.

The fleeced many small rice farmers dry. Those small land holdings are now owned by large land owners

who bought up their farms after the rice scheme collapsed. Small land holders had borrowed from banks and money racketeers

based on Yinlucks promises. She is a toad of a woman and I hope she is never allowed back into the country.

Because that is what this headline is all about. Waiting out the statute of limitations like Mr Red Bullshite

You forgot to mention the farmers' suicides epidemic - a usual part of this sort of one note nonsense, a mixture of ignorance and deep-seated prejudice.

5 hours ago, cheshiremusicman said:

Just one of the big policy changes that should be made is the elimination of the 'Statute of limitations' here in Thailand. NOT a difficult thing to do, but it would wonderful to see people like Mr Red Bullshite never able to come back. This should be applied automatically to people who NEVER turn up at court to answer charges against them and all their assets should be frozen as well.

Agreed - but does that apply to traitors who award themselves freedom from prosecution. Shouldn't that be in the mix?

6 hours ago, scorecard said:

So in your opinion she did nothing wrong and I'll guess you would apply that to her convicted brother, and they are both victims of totally false accusations and false convictions.

Thaksin was certainly guilty of corruption although his enemies (see Wikileaks et al) were eagerly looking for an indictment. The charges he was found guilty of were fairly minor. possibly because the major ones (drugs war etc) would compromise those who were desperate to destroy him. Whether Thaksin's business practices were any different to any other Sino Thai tycoon is doubtful.

Yingluck is a different case altogether. She was guilty of nothing other than amateurishness and lack of oversight. If that's a crime for elected politicians, Theresa May should be in the pokey. Worldwide the criminal charge against her was regarded as a joke - obviously politically motivated - which is why she has complete freedom of movement. Her brother probably needs to be a bit more careful though there's not much evidence of it.

11 minutes ago, Eric Loh said:

Don't submit to a troll and his frivolous petty personal attack.  

Well, that is the way he comes over. And he's not completely alone by appearances. Evidently there are a few folk out there who are friends with un-named persons and who call upon them to suspend and delete in the name of those friendships. Strange days, but keeping in mind the provenance....

8 hours ago, robblok said:

She won't be the first to lie / break her promise to stay away. Many have done the same including her brother and Suthep. So she is in good company. 

It cannot and should not be a totally binding eternal  promise neither for her or Thaksin or Suthep. Any citizen of a democratic polity can engage in the political process in whatever way they want to (except by unconstitutional means but we all know the promises made and broken in that regard).  Any citizen can change their mind. All citizens have the right to engage in the political process. She has the right to disengage and re-engage as she chooses.

7 hours ago, robblok said:

I won't be taking sides just taking pot shots at whoever is in the news for corruption or mismanagement at the time. I am sure I will be kept busy.

And I'm sure that will concern them not at all. read into that whatever you find.

10 hours ago, robblok said:

Yes doubt she was personally corrupt but it looks more and more her family was in knee deep.

Before Boonsong one of the guys who got convicted refused to talk who gave the order for him to sign the fake G2G deals. We only knew that a company close to Thaksin himself had benefited.  Now he is talking and suddenly Thaksins other sister is on the run. 1 + 1 = 2. So it looks a lot like her family benefited from it. Then its hard to believe she did not know and covered it up. She did an half hearten investigation that did not turn up a thing. Later the fake G2G deals with over 33 billion of damages turned up. 

Just shows they are crooks even the ones you don't expect it from. Unless new clean politicians rise this will go on for ever. As for having doubts the Thais managing their country one has only to look at the UK and US to see its not the only country with problems (so much for white superiority feelings)

I truly hope the Thais can figure it out.

Indeed Rob.

Although she dismissed Boonsong she didn't cancel the fraudulent deals, which was interesting. She also repeatedly said that their was no fraud in the rice scheme or in her government. She allowed her brother to illegally Skype into cabinet meetings, set policy and shuffle "her" cabinet. Her management "skills" were somewhat lacking during the 2011 flood and her handling of the rice scheme as the self appointed chair was laughably feeble at best.

As you say, no proof but very circumstantial; and certainly not interested in investigating her own clan members.

UK, US, France, Germany, Italy, Sweden, Australia, all face issues politically at the moment. So yep, that bastion of democracy, "The West" seems to be crumbling.

16 minutes ago, tomta said:

It cannot and should not be a totally binding eternal  promise neither for her or Thaksin or Suthep. Any citizen of a democratic polity can engage in the political process in whatever way they want to (except by unconstitutional means but we all know the promises made and broken in that regard).  Any citizen can change their mind. All citizens have the right to engage in the political process. She has the right to disengage and re-engage as she chooses.

Yes they do.

But aren't their laws, probably in many countries, that prohibit convicted criminals, whether serving their sentence or on the run as fugitives from holding office?

Archived