Trump says no amnesty for 'Dreamers,' signals support in broader deal

webfact

7 minutes ago, Longcut said:

The Democrats had eight years to solve that problem. They didn't get it done either.

They were too busy trying to get a wall built.

Kelsall claimed Trump had made a generous offer. I pointed out that the DACA offer was most likely valueless. Your comment is irrelevant.

And you're claiming ing that the Democrats were trying to get a wall built but couldn't? That would mean that the Republicans were blocking them. I wasn't aware of that.

But thanks for the...misinformation.

I wish his secret service detail and his transportation team would get shutdown. Do irs while you are at it. Who decides just what gets shutdown anyway? It is such a joke, you wanna such down the govt, be a man and shut it down. This picking and choosing is total bs. Let it go for years i could not care less. The workers should stop going in. It is absolutely rule number one, you aint getting paid, stop working. They are way too tied to those jobs and I think that is actually a problem we have as a society.

1 hour ago, Tug said:

I think the problem the fed workers have that if they don’t go in it indangers there pension

Yes, they could be fired. It is true that it's harder to get fired from a federal than a private one, but that would be a big risk for sure.

That said, I'm wondering if the TSA airport agents should organize and just walk out. That would shut down the airports and have a global impact forcing a resolution. Sure they could fire them all but would they? I doubt it. The public would be on their side. They are not high paid workers to begin with, now we're getting into slavery territory. 

3 hours ago, Jingthing said:

Yes, they could be fired. It is true that it's harder to get fired from a federal than a private one, but that would be a big risk for sure.

That said, I'm wondering if the TSA airport agents should organize and just walk out. That would shut down the airports and have a global impact forcing a resolution. Sure they could fire them all but would they? I doubt it. The public would be on their side. They are not high paid workers to begin with, now we're getting into slavery territory. 

It would be a lovely wee precedent to set.

a federal worker takes a temporary paid job, to feed his family, and is fired for not turning up to do unpaid work, at his federal job.

a really sweet precedent that could open the government up to a wonderful class action lawsuit.... MAGA.

On 1/21/2019 at 12:58 PM, crees said:

I have lived on the border in San Diego and moved because I refused to have to stay inside after the sun went down. Three Mex Muggings under my belt and I left a failed state. Governor Brown was as worthless as a shovel in a Mexicans hand

San Diego’s crime rate has been on a steady downward trend in the last thirty years from a high of 94 per 1,000 population in the 1980’s to a low of 22 in 1917.

This could be because there’s a wall there, or because demographics have changed from more whites to more hispanics. ????

From the San Diego police Dept.

https://www.sandiego.gov/sites/default/files/ucr1950to2017rates.pdf

On 1/21/2019 at 7:08 PM, Kelsall said:

Trump is playing this one masterfully.  He has made generous offers and Pelosi and gang refuse to accept them.

Trump offered to solve two problems that he himself created, and in return for that he's offering a wall that an overwhelming majority of the public doesn't want.  What a deal!

29 minutes ago, attrayant said:

Trump offered to solve two problems that he himself created, and in return for that he's offering a wall that an overwhelming majority of the public doesn't want.  What a deal!

Temporary solve that is.

Archived