how much profit on a 300 thb pizza in Thailand ? kebab more profitable ?

NaDu

On 1/22/2019 at 9:09 AM, TPI said:

To make a large pizza, with an adequate covering of "tastes" should not cost more than B100! The base and the filler can be sourced locally, the only expensive topping is the cheese which can now be sourced and delivered to anywhere in Thailand! 8 x slices at B30 should give you a reasonable profit...a word of advice...keep away from local farang, they're all experts at "something" and will actively rather tear you down than build you up!! Set up near a large school, the pupils are like a ravening pack of wolves at home time and lunch...good luck in your venture, remember trust nothing a Thai tells you about business! ???? 

so true ! just read this forum and you understand how champions they are...

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, NaDu said:

Nobody asked your smart comments anymore. When you will be able to understand a question please come again accountant champion !

Once you ask the right questions you get good answers. No wonder most posters did not understand you. You did not formulate your question correct. 

I have a feeling your probably from a non English speaking country like me. Plus probably no real business experience that is why you formulated the question wrong. 

2 minutes ago, NaDu said:

so true ! just read this forum and you understand how champions they are...

You are using the word champions wrong and I don't understand your meaning. 

I use a sourdough crust recipe and Parmesan cheese and fresh mozzarella with fresh basil leaves and sun dried tomatoes and my own sauce.

• 1 (14 ounce) pizza crust made with Italian flour
  • 1 pureed sun-dried tomato & basil sauce
  • 1 package sliced Mozzarella cheese (fresh is best)
  • 1 Roma tomato (sliced thin)
  • 12 fresh basil leaves
  • 1 Tablespoon olive oil
  • salt and pepper, to taste

You can get all of the ingredients at Foodland in Pattaya.  

If you want a cost go to Foodland and shop.  Oh BTW sourdough starter takes a couple of weeks and don't forget to include the cost of a good olive oil and fresh ground pepper.

moz.jpg

parm.jpg

fl.jpg

On ‎1‎/‎21‎/‎2019 at 1:57 PM, NaDu said:

so many replies for so many people who have nothing useful and interesting to say.

care to read the title ?

how much profit on a 300 thb pizza in Thailand ? 

If you had any business sense, you would know that is a silly question. It depends on many factors like:

What is your rent, staff cost, equipment cost, license cost, electricity, water, key money, advertisement, .........?

How many do you sell?

The profit could be anywhere between 0 and upwards. You could even make a loss.

On ‎1‎/‎21‎/‎2019 at 4:13 PM, NaDu said:

Thank you, maybe the only smart and useful reply. I am quite sure that most people selling a 300 thb pizza makes a 200 thb profit on it. But hard to understand for most people here it seems...

It is you, who doesn't understand and has a very foul mouth too.

On 1/21/2019 at 1:57 PM, NaDu said:

so many replies for so many people who have nothing useful and interesting to say.

care to read the title ?

how much profit on a 300 thb pizza in Thailand ? 

if you want interesting and useful comments you should have asked somewhere else not at TV

What's the point of your post???? if you wanted real, useful, interesting replies and maybe useful advise as well, you should had provided more details as to what the purpose of your inquiry..... since you didn't provide details,  the answers you are getting are corrected for the type of question asked, thus in my humble opinion the answers are useful in a way to teach you for a possible future post

• 2 weeks later...
On ‎1‎/‎21‎/‎2019 at 12:22 AM, cornishcarlos said:

Depends on the quality of produce used in making the pizza...

Yep... along with other variables such as overheads which make the initial question from the OP impossible to answer with anything like a degree of accuracy. It's quite laughable really and suggests to me in the strongest terms that the OP should not, if considering it, get involved.

I did intend to carry on but the assumptions I would have to introduce are so vast as to make it meaningless. I'd go 33% margin but others would be higher or lower. I'll write a separate post as I don't want you to think I'm have a go or something.

Have a great day.

On ‎1‎/‎23‎/‎2019 at 6:29 AM, FritsSikkink said:

If you had any business sense, you would know that is a silly question. It depends on many factors like:

What is your rent, staff cost, equipment cost, license cost, electricity, water, key money, advertisement, .........?

How many do you sell?

The profit could be anywhere between 0 and upwards. You could even make a loss.

Well said.

Too many unknowns. 

On 1/21/2019 at 6:48 AM, NaDu said:

do you know how much they spend to make a 300 thb margharita pizza with only tomato and cheese ?

I guess that they have at least 200 thb profit ?

I would depend on the size. I usually make 8" pizza.

125gm or bread flour (32bht/kg0 = 4bht (YoK bakers supplies)

1 tomato (10bht/10) = 1bht (local market)

50gm mozzarella cheese (350bht/kg) = 17bht (Makro frozen ready shredded)

5gm instant yeast (99bht/500gm) = 1bht. (YoK bakers supplies)

Total cost 23bht.

I just made one for lunch with bell peppers and pork chilli, an extra 4bht.

41 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

I would depend on the size. I usually make 8" pizza.

125gm or bread flour (32bht/kg0 = 4bht (YoK bakers supplies)

1 tomato (10bht/10) = 1bht (local market)

50gm mozzarella cheese (350bht/kg) = 17bht (Makro frozen ready shredded)

5gm instant yeast (99bht/500gm) = 1bht. (YoK bakers supplies)

Total cost 23bht.

I just made one for lunch with bell peppers and pork chilli, an extra 4bht.

Ya beeing a squeeze on the cheese mate, double it, you can afford the extra 17 baht

• 3 weeks later...
On 1/21/2019 at 7:36 AM, OneMoreFarang said:

I don't know the price of good quality cheese in Thailand

I'm going to stop you right there.  First, we're talking about pizza and second, we're talking about Thailand.  Whatever ingredients you can find at the Bic C will be perfectly palatable for 80% of the target demographic.

To the OP:

When I first came here about seven years ago I made pizzas, much to the surprise of my Thai in-laws who thought they were something you needed a big setup and lots of specialized equipment to do.  It has been a while but I vaguely recall spending about 120-150B for the ingredients, but I added toppings that you won't need if you're just looking to make a simple tomato+cheese pie.  I'd say your cost is in the neighborhood of 120 baht for a basic small (about 10") pizza with no special toppings.

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry I didn't bother to read all posts but what is your target group?

Thais or foreigners?

The things at Pizza company that Thais call pizza and seem to enjoy I wouldn't give to my dog.

If you are planning to produce on this level your profit might be quite high.

Ketchup as sauce, sausage or processed ham as meat and fake cheese as topping.

If you want to cater to foreigners you would have to use at least some imported ingredients that reduce your profit.

1 minute ago, CLW said:

Sorry I didn't bother to read all posts but what is your target group?

Thais or foreigners?

The things at Pizza company that Thais call pizza and seem to enjoy I wouldn't give to my dog.

If you are planning to produce on this level your profit might be quite high.

Ketchup as sauce, sausage or processed ham as meat and fake cheese as topping.

If you want to cater to foreigners you would have to use at least some imported ingredients that reduce your profit.

What do you feed your dog?

What kind of dog do you have?

Just now, CLW said:

Rhetoric emoji6.png

Oh, so you were lying about having a dog so that you could talk smack about Pizza Co., nice.

While I agree that Pizza Co. is not very good pizza, I don't think it's not all that bad, and the staff all love it.

So what do you rich gourmets eat every day here?

Oh, so you were lying about having a dog so that you could talk smack about Pizza Co., nice.

While I agree that Pizza Co. is not very good pizza, I don't think it's not all that bad, and the staff all love it.

It's not about being rich or not but in case of pizza or western food in general in Thailand I consider myself quite picky.
Therefore I'd rather eat Thai food most of the time and go maybe once a month to a good restaurant instead of eating bad or mediocre western food every day

2 minutes ago, CLW said:

It's not about being rich or not but in case of pizza or western food in general in Thailand I consider myself quite picky.
Therefore I'd rather eat Thai food most of the time and go maybe once a month to a good restaurant instead of eating bad or mediocre western food every day

i'd rather cook and eat really good western food every day.

Than eat Thai food made from poor quality meat disguised by sugar, msg, and chillis cooked by people that never wash their hands.

19 minutes ago, Yellowtail said:

I had a roast pork steak, baked potatoes in their jackets and fried mushrooms covered in onion gravy earlier.

I was going to cook pizza this evening, but the Thai lady from next door came round with a plate of sandwiches (crab, tuna, ham) from Rimping, so I ate them and didn't bother to cook.

Kebab is highly profitable. I knew this guy in pattaya, selling kebab all day in his shop. Made huge amounts of money.
But, interestingly the moment people realize, that they gotta work for it, a lot...they are no longer interested.

1 hour ago, Yellowtail said:

My Butleress in a Latex Thong brought me an Americano, a Black Truffle, Asiago and Parma Ham Three Egg Omelet this morning.

Dinner was Sushi Served on the Naked Belly of a Pretty in a Schoolgirl outfit. And Moet.

What did you have today, fella, a stick of Moo ping?

4 hours ago, CLW said:

So what Thai food do you eat the other 29 days a month and where?

Archived