Jump to content
BANGKOK 26 March 2019 11:02
NaDu

how much profit on a 300 thb pizza in Thailand ? kebab more profitable ?

Recommended Posts

To The OP

 

Do you know how to make a pizza?

 

If you do, then you can figure out the entire cost yourself

 

Flour

Yeast

Tomato Sauce

Tomatoes

Cheese

 

Flour - Figure out how much flour you use in ounces. Now lets say a bag of flour, 128 ounces = 128 baht. Your pizza uses 4 ounces. Therefore the cost of the flour is 4 baht.

 

Yeast - One package 30 baht. Your pizza uses 1/2 package of yeast = 15 baht

 

Tomato Sauce - I can 35 baht. Your Pizza uses 1/2 can = 17.50 baht

 

Tomatoes - 10 baht each. Your pizza uses 1 = 10 baht

 

Cheese - Lets say 1 package is 100 baht and you use 1/4 package = 25 baht

 

Cost = 71.50 baht

 

Now your job is to go to the store and get the actual cost of these ingredients, weigh how how much you use to make 1 pizza, then do the math as shown above.

 

Very simple formula to determine the exact cost.

 

Now the cost to actually sell a pizza would have to include labor, electric over, or gas, rent, etc

 

 

 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, VocalNeal said:

I have an acquaintance who runs a couple of restaurants. he was saying one time that if you don't make 800 % profit on a dish your restaurant won't make any money.

This guy is talking complete rubbish.

 

Chefs like to keep the food cost down to around 30%.

 

This can be hard to do without selling inferior products, especially when it comes to the more expensive cuts of meat like an imported steak for example.

 

800% 🙄

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

In Pattaya a good big size margherita is 200 baht , in Italian pizzerias. If they charge you more than that it's tourist prices or scams. 

 

 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, ukrules said:

This guy is talking complete rubbish.

 

Chefs like to keep the food cost down to around 30%.

 

This can be hard to do without selling inferior products, especially when it comes to the more expensive cuts of meat like an imported steak for example.

 

800% 🙄

 

Knock off a zero of your choice & it becomes realistic....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, ukrules said:

This guy is talking complete rubbish.

 

Chefs like to keep the food cost down to around 30%.

 

This can be hard to do without selling inferior products, especially when it comes to the more expensive cuts of meat like an imported steak for example.

 

800% 🙄

 

Knock off a zero of your choice & it becomes realistic....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just read this page : https://www.restaurantowner.com/public/Restaurant-Rules-of-Thumb-Industry-Averages-Standards.cfm

 

It's interesting, especially this bit :

 

Food cost. Food cost as a percentage of food sales (costs/sales) is generally in the 28 percent to 32 percent range in many full-service and limited-service restaurants. Often, more upscale full-service concepts, particularly those that specialize in steaks and/or fresh seafood can have food cost of 38 percent, 40 percent and even higher. Conversely, I'm familiar with some gourmet pizza restaurants in upscale areas that are able to consistently achieve a food cost of 20 percent and sometimes even less.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

To make a large pizza, with an adequate covering of "tastes" should not cost more than B100! The base and the filler can be sourced locally, the only expensive topping is the cheese which can now be sourced and delivered to anywhere in Thailand! 8 x slices at B30 should give you a reasonable profit...a word of advice...keep away from local farang, they're all experts at "something" and will actively rather tear you down than build you up!! Set up near a large school, the pupils are like a ravening pack of wolves at home time and lunch...good luck in your venture, remember trust nothing a Thai tells you about business! 😉 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/21/2019 at 8:54 AM, ChipButty said:

You cant beat the old Donner Kebab, Have you ever eaten a Kebab sober? God knows what was in them things

Haven't had a Kabab in Thailand since the Turk guy was evicted from the entrance of Nana Plaza.........we would get one on the way home, blame the diarreah on the cheap beer, but who knows if the meat was Lamb, Pork, Dog, or how many days it has been out in the sun turning around.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, TPI said:

good luck in your venture, remember trust nothing a Thai tells you about business! 

Best business advice for Thailand I have heard in years!!!

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/21/2019 at 8:27 AM, puukao said:

i spend a lot on cheese, but save money by putting the pizzas in the road to be cooked by the sun.  tuk-tuk drivers deliver 100's for me, and i pay them 700 baht a day.  i sell 3 slices for 100, and it only costs me 15 baht.

 

i'm super rich

 

 

What do you do when it’s Cloudy with a chance off meat balls??

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/21/2019 at 6:50 PM, KittenKong said:

The OP specifically mentioned only tomato and cheese as toppings.

 

The tomato probably isnt fresh; most places use tinned passata. The flour will be the sort sold in big wholesale bags which is cheaper per kg than the bread flour sold in small plastic bags for about 35B/kg. The mozzarella cheese will be frozen or shrink-wrapped. Either way it costs around 350B/kg. Some places will use pizza topping cheese which costs ~15% less.

 

You may think you are getting something better when you pay a lot here, but you probably aren't. You may get a splash of the cheapest olive oil if you are lucky, and that will make a lot of difference to the flavour. Some decent herbs will help too. If you can find somewhere that actually uses fresh mozzarella and imported organic flour then there may be more improvement but very few places in Thailand do that, at least not for 300B.

 

As mentioned, pizza mark-ups are often massive. That's why so many people want to sell them all over the world.

 

Thank you, at least some people here are not completely dumb.

 

To other champions: I never talked about rent price or anything, I am just talking about pure profit based on ingredients, and it is clearly around 200 thb for a 300 thb pizza, and you like it or not, pizza is crap food and even worst in Thailand, Thai knowing nothing and believed-know-all foreigners might be even worst.

 

 

 

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/21/2019 at 7:07 PM, bwpage3 said:

To The OP

 

Do you know how to make a pizza?

 

If you do, then you can figure out the entire cost yourself

 

Flour

Yeast

Tomato Sauce

Tomatoes

Cheese

 

Flour - Figure out how much flour you use in ounces. Now lets say a bag of flour, 128 ounces = 128 baht. Your pizza uses 4 ounces. Therefore the cost of the flour is 4 baht.

 

Yeast - One package 30 baht. Your pizza uses 1/2 package of yeast = 15 baht

 

Tomato Sauce - I can 35 baht. Your Pizza uses 1/2 can = 17.50 baht

 

Tomatoes - 10 baht each. Your pizza uses 1 = 10 baht

 

Cheese - Lets say 1 package is 100 baht and you use 1/4 package = 25 baht

 

Cost = 71.50 baht

 

Now your job is to go to the store and get the actual cost of these ingredients, weigh how how much you use to make 1 pizza, then do the math as shown above.

 

Very simple formula to determine the exact cost.

 

Now the cost to actually sell a pizza would have to include labor, electric over, or gas, rent, etc

 

 

 

 

Thank you ! smart and useful also.

Maybe this forum would be better with the only 10 useful and smart members...

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, NaDu said:

 

Thank you, at least some people here are not completely dumb.

 

To other champions: I never talked about rent price or anything, I am just talking about pure profit based on ingredients, and it is clearly around 200 thb for a 300 thb pizza, and you like it or not, pizza is crap food and even worst in Thailand, Thai knowing nothing and believed-know-all foreigners might be even worst.

 

 

 

 

 

 

Pure profit.. wow you truly are not bright.

 

Pure profit from an accounting point of view and fiscal point of view is after cost. So after rent, employees machines. What your talking about is the markup on a pizza not pure profit. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...