Chiang Mai number one for smokers in the world?

puukao

On 1/21/2019 at 6:43 PM, Lacessit said:

I assume there are more smokers here because it is inexpensive. One can get a carton of fags at Mae Sai for about 150 baht. Contrast that with Australia, where a single packet of the cheapest brand will set a smoker back 500 baht.

The way to kill off smoking is to make it just too expensive with taxation. Which is only fair, because smokers clog up the health system with lung cancer, emphysema, heart disease and strokes.

It is the tax that smokers pay on the cigarettes that keeps the health system going.

On 1/21/2019 at 10:05 AM, sharktooth said:

Try Japan... EVERYBODY  smokes

The Japanese are polite smokers. Big difference. The Chinese are rude smokers and don’t follow what small smoking restrictions they do have. They smoke everywhere. Koreans are not much better.

I don’t know what it is with Asians and smoking, but I hope they enjoy their cancer. Some staggering predictions online about smoking related cancer deaths coming to China over the next 20 years. 200 million + dead. Staggering. Smoke up!

On 1/21/2019 at 3:05 PM, bananafish said:

The building I live in never smells of smoke, the places I eat don't allow smoking. I suggest rather than sitting down next to the 100 smokers you keep returning to sit next to, go somewhere else. 

That’s what we do. Forget open air restaurants, you know what’s going to happen if you go there. Closed door only.

Of course, it doesn’t help with groups of people stand right outside the door to get their fix. 

Low quality humans. Can’t escape them.

On 1/22/2019 at 2:59 PM, bkk6060 said:

I rarely see people smoking in CM.

You should pay closer attention. It’s not as bad as say Pattaya, but there are a lot of smokers here. Both Thai and foreigners. And I don’t even go to the bars. 

18 hours ago, dcnx said:

The Japanese are polite smokers. Big difference. The Chinese are rude smokers and don’t follow what small smoking restrictions they do have. They smoke everywhere. Koreans are not much better.

I don’t know what it is with Asians and smoking, but I hope they enjoy their cancer. Some staggering predictions online about smoking related cancer deaths coming to China over the next 20 years. 200 million + dead. Staggering. Smoke up!

It's not just Asians who smoke but also Europeans/Americans. 

Try going to Nakornping  condo and you'll see these retirees there smoking in front of the condo everyday.

The  number of Thai smokers is much less than Chinese and Korean who are notorious smokers. Don't know much about Japanese though.

Archived