BANGKOK
webfact

Video: Chiang Mai police set to throw the book at cop who took bribe from Chinese tourist

Getting caught: misdemeanor.

Taking only 200 baht: felony.

~o:37;

Until they are caught, it is business as usual. Nothing is going to happen to this police officer because everybody is doing it!

5 hours ago, quandow said:

Their pay ain't squat. I knew one of the upper muckety mucks in the Pattaya police force who got taken out of the bribe trough due to politics. He lost his cars, his wife, and anything else he could pawn.

He pawned his wife!

34 minutes ago, dotpoom said:

Quite a few "holier than thao" posters on here. I'd gladly fork out 200 Bt. to avoid all the messing of having to go to a police station to pay a fine before having the clamp removed?

Good point, it's like some people are using agents for their visa 'problems'. If  the authorities really cared about the illegall parking situation in the city, they should increase the 200 baht bribe to 500 baht (compared to the official 400?).

6 hours ago, SammyT said:

Oh boy. Transferring him to a desk, where he still keeps his job, still keeps his pay packet. That'll send a tough message to others. 

We can expect to see corruption drop to zero with that sort of punishment...

Actually they don't transfer them to a desk anywhere.  It is the stock answer but nothing actually happens.  The brown envelope culture is embedded and operates on all levels.  The higher the rank the fatter the envelope.

• Like 1

Waiting for news of a manhunt for the person to took and spread the video, and defiled the image of Thailand.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, krystian said:

They should also get rid of the POLICE on the expressway tollgate from rama 2 road!!! They got 5k baht from my friend!! They are always there from 8pm!!

5K! I'd rather take the ticket and pay at the office. What problems can one have at a tollgate to get a 5K fine?

• Like 1

If they were to throw the "bribe book" at him, he'd better be careful. Getting hit with something that big could darned well be fatal!!!  :cheesy:

Edited by TallGuyJohninBKK
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, Just1Voice said:

I've got an in-law who went from Senior Sergeant Major to Lieutenant.  I jokingly asked him what too him so long.  He replied, dead serious - "Do you know how much it cost to go from enlisted to officer staff? Trust me, it's not cheap!" 

This is pretty much how the promotion $y$tem in all government offices works. He’s right - it isn’t cheap

Why the hell is the Youtube video blurred out for? What an idiot to whoever blurred out the face.

Transferred...oh dear obviously a very thin paperback, that book.

image.jpeg.ebfa672543565aa7895ae608ca1c870d.jpeg