Video: Chiang Mai police set to throw the book at cop who took bribe from Chinese tourist

webfact

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I only paid 200 Baht once on an illegal "u" turn coming from Siam Country Club. Since then paid 200 Baht for illegal uturn out of store on corner of 2nd road and (I forget) and again coming down RR road when the police had blocked a right turn and I didn't see road markers (last two were simple 200 baht tickets properly written and paid for). Now too old to drive or do anything else.

On 1/21/2019 at 9:27 AM, quandow said:

Their pay ain't squat. I knew one of the upper muckety mucks in the Pattaya police force who got taken out of the bribe trough due to politics. He lost his cars, his wife, and anything else he could pawn.

How much did he get for the wife ?:cheesy:

On 1/21/2019 at 10:32 AM, darksidedog said:

Letting him stay on the payroll is hardly what I would call throwing the book at him. Sack him and charge him with a criminal offence, leaving him sat in a jail cell is more what I think would be appropriate. At that point others, might pay attention. Corruption being so ingrained in them, probably not though.

But first, pay the cops a decent monthly wage! 

On 1/21/2019 at 9:25 AM, colinneil said:

Terrible simply terrible....... A policeman taking a bribe????????

What ever next????? I am totally shocking, seeing.that a policeman could do such a thing.

There was me thinking that all police here were honest, stand up people.:cheesy:

Its a nice dream you have  

A little extortion from the boys seems alright to most. Easier then walking over to the police station to pay the fine, and of course ones license is being kept by the angry cop who never got paid.

But where do you draw the line especially if and when you or your family are caught in the middle of a police sham or scam where hundreds of thousands of baht or prison are on the line. 

Who's going to say that a little police corruption is ok? Sorry not me. Dirty police are the scum of this country and the ruin of this country.

On 1/21/2019 at 10:34 AM, sharktooth said:

Fair comment. After the amount of speeding tickets I’ve had here I would have had my license confiscated a long time ago in UK.

I reckon with the number I have had I would be hanging by a rope. but the really good news is the car is registered in the Mrs name 555555

Archived