Video: Eggstremely violent! Trader and local authority clash

webfact

Video: Eggstremely violent! Trader and local authority clash 

4pm.jpg

video screenshot

A video posted by Thai Rath showed an egg seller clash violently with the local tessakit authority in Kanchanaburi. 

The trader explained that his family had been selling eggs in that spot for 40 years and there was never any problem before. 

The tessakit man explains they didn't enforce the law before - now they are and he had to clear away by a certain time. 

Eggsasperated the trader appeared to jump over his supplies and a melee ensued with about half a dozen people getting involved. 

The video was shared more than 2,000 times. 

Police were seen but it was not reported if any charges were made. 

thai+visa_news.jpg

-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2019-01-21

the guy in the red shirt new that he was in the wrong.  Look at his sheepish manner.  These are a simple people.  If he has been there for 40 years then I think these people are trying to steal his business.  Good luck to him.

So, 40 years not enforcing the law and you want to start now. Squatters rights I say. Continue selling your eggs. Ask for a 5-year reprieve so you can organize to move to another suitable location. 

Eggcelent video. At first I thought it was a yolk but these guys were seriously scrambling for position to strike a blow. I hope that the perpetrator isnt coddled and that he faces justice.

Following a SCRAMBLE like that I'd be truly EGGSTATIC to see the trader BEAT the authorities on this one and WISK them into FOLDING.

On this occasion the trader should be able to keep his cake and eat it too.

8 hours ago, car720 said:

the guy in the red shirt new that he was in the wrong.  Look at his sheepish manner.  These are a simple people.  If he has been there for 40 years then I think these people are trying to steal his business.  Good luck to him.

I agree with your eggspert opinion.

As my girlfriend once told me, "ระว้งฝังใจ" - beware the buried emotions. In a society that values containment of emotions, the breaking point is never pretty. I truly sympathize with the trader, but Bangkok is changing rapidly, and this type of episode is going to play out more and more. It would be nice if the powers that be could make some effort to assist those being displaced when possible. A handshake is always better than a boot to the head.

13 hours ago, NCC1701A said:

wow it took about 55 seconds for the store owner to lose his cool and start punching away. really bad body language. 

Granted, it was an ova-reaction. 

But, seriously, the guy is running an honest business to support his family - then some jobsworth comes along and threatens his livelihood... WTH did they expect?  

3 hours ago, chickenslegs said:

Granted, it was an ova-reaction. 

But, seriously, the guy is running an honest business to support his family - then some jobsworth comes along and threatens his livelihood... WTH did they expect?  

submission?

Although I totally agree, the approach was all wrong out in public arriving with his henmen henchmen (and women) and trying to be all authoritarian.

Egg'oes were bound to be cracked.

6 hours ago, NightSky said:

Following a SCRAMBLE like that I'd be truly EGGSTATIC to see the trader BEAT the authorities on this one and WISK them into FOLDING.

On this occasion the trader should be able to keep his cake and eat it too.

Probably a bit of eggstortion going on .

Archived