British expat says error on Thai Airways website resulted in 80,000THB of extra charges, then airline refused to refund

webfact

11 hours ago, Date Masamune said:

for $70 USD per kilo you can ring up FEDEX they will collect your baggage the morning you depart from your home and they will be waiting at your destination when you get there you never lifting finger!

Yeah, right.

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Yeah, right.

FDX have many web tools available

Example 20kg (weight of standard economy allowance bag) from Bangkok to London. Fedex Intl Priority $818.98 or $40 usd per kilo. FedEx Intl Economy $642.52 about USD $32 usd per kilo.

70kg per kilo baggage excess is TG nonsense!

• 5 weeks later...

My experience with Thai is good but Saying that i also have good experiences with other carriers, everybody has good and bad days and i have never needed to complain to Thai to know how they would treat me or other carriers, however the new 20 kg rule will sway me after being used to 30kg.

IF i was asked in a survey WITH ALL THINGS BEING EQUAL who i would fly with on journeys to and from Uk, EVA are consistently  good and would be my preferred carrier, on a stopover flight it would be Emirates.

These newer more fuel efficient planes do not seem to offer any savings on fares but do reduce legroom this would also play a huge part in who to book with, again EVA 777 has a lot going for it

✈️  Happy days

Archived