90 Border run Savanakhet

hi. I did my NON-O 90 days 2 months ago. All perfect.

all you will spend for 50 baht going to laos 50 baht for coming back for the bridge bus. Plus Laos visa which is max 1600 baht.

if your going by your own car, you can park really next to the border. Its inside the border area. Theres also another private parking area which is 250 baht per day.

if your going by taxi.. it should be around 200 baht from the bus station. tuk tuk will probably ask the same.

Just be nice to the guys who will ask you to cross border by their car (200 baht). And they will say its faster than bus. Personally i dont know its true or not. Because i think they also must do some paper work for the car so it will take some time too. And you cant say hey forget about it after your in the care already. Be nice because you leave your car where they walk around ???? Just say ohh thanks i dont want my friend is waiting for me. ????

PS: just in case please come back to post after your trip and let us know all ok or not.

Edited by problemfarang

2 hours ago, Kalasin Jo said:

Went last week. Non immigrant multi entry based on marriage. No problem, but you have to stay in Savanakhet overnight. Drop of application morning of day1 , pick up afternoon day 2. See my post and updates to it

Where is your post?

3 minutes ago, uffe123 said:

Hope someone can help me out. . Want to traveling in on a tourist visa. Can go to immigration and get a retirement visa before the 30 day ends? Possible?

There is no 30 day tourist visa. I you mean a 30 day visa exempt visa entry.

You can apply for a 90 day non immigrant visa (category O) entry based upon qualifying for an extension of stay based upon retirement.

General requirements are here (click Eng at the top of the page change the language). https://www.immigration.go.th/content/service_80

During the last 30 days of the 90 day entry you can apply for a one year extension of stay based upon retirement by showing the same financial requirements needed for the visa.

8 minutes ago, uffe123 said:

Hope someone can help me out. . Want to traveling in on a tourist visa. Can go to immigration and get a retirement visa before the 30 day ends? Possible?

Have you had 800,000 baht in the bank for 2 or 3 months

( 2 or 3 depends on office rules) or recorded income of 65,000 a month transferred into Thailand.

Are you over 50?

8 hours ago, Kalasin Jo said:

Went last week. Non immigrant multi entry based on marriage. No problem, but you have to stay in Savanakhet overnight. Drop of application morning of day1 , pick up afternoon day 2. See my post and updates to it

yes and also pick up is at 14:00

and be there before 11:00 am for application

• Like 1

4 hours ago, lanng khao said:

What documents did you need to show? 

what visa do you want to get. For me NON-O (marriage)

= 2 photo

= Visa form

= 5000 baht for multi non-o

= Copy first page of your passport 

= Copy of your wife's ID and she sign it

= Copy of wife's house paper her sign

= Copy and your marriage certificate (copy for the embassy / real for them to check.)

thats all

• Like 2

On 1/22/2019 at 11:01 AM, Kalasin Jo said:

Looking into this as a possible "plan C." Is is possible to fly from BKK to Savanakhet? I'd prefer to avoid van travel if possible.

7 minutes ago, fusion58 said:

Looking into this as a possible "plan C." Is is possible to fly from BKK to Savanakhet? I'd prefer to avoid van travel if possible.

Yes it is possible to to fly direct to Savannakhet. But it is costly and you have to spend a couple of extra night there due to the flight schedule.

You can get fly/ride service to Mukdahan and cross the bridge to Savannakhet. Check Air Asia and Nok Air. Nok Air does it via 3 regional airports.

15 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

Yes it is possible to to fly direct to Savannakhet. But it is costly and you have to spend a couple of extra night there due to the flight schedule.

You can get fly/ride service to Mukdahan and cross the bridge to Savannakhet. Check Air Asia and Nok Air. Nok Air does it via 3 regional airports.

Neither the cost nor the extra days would necessarily be deal breakers. Which airlines fly direct?

Thanks again!

On 1/22/2019 at 4:00 AM, ubonjoe said:

There is no 30 day tourist visa. I you mean a 30 day visa exempt visa entry.

You can apply for a 90 day non immigrant visa (category O) entry based upon qualifying for an extension of stay based upon retirement.

General requirements are here (click Eng at the top of the page change the language). https://www.immigration.go.th/content/service_80

During the last 30 days of the 90 day entry you can apply for a one year extension of stay based upon retirement by showing the same financial requirements needed for the visa.

Can the 1 year extension of stay based upon retirement be obtained while on any Visa or even after entering Visa Exempt?

Or is the Category O 90 day Non Immigrant Visa a pre-requirement?

3 minutes ago, JimmyJ said:

Can the 1 year extension of stay based upon retirement be obtained while on any Visa or even after entering Visa Exempt?

Or is the Category O 90 day Non Immigrant Visa a pre-requirement?

The 90 day non immigrant category O visa is the only visa you can can apply for with a visa exempt or tourist visa entry if you can qualify for an extension based upon retirement.

There are other categories of non immigrant visa you can apply for at a embassy or consulate but it is normally easier to get the non-o visa.

• Like 1