BANGKOK

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

webfact

Dutch tourist claims he was abused and had drugs planted on him by Pattaya police

Dutch tourist claims he was abused and had drugs planted on him by Pattaya police

50722814_2305174886182499_5943876971183210496_n.jpg

Picture: Ruk Siam News

A Dutch tourist has accused police in Pattaya of planting drugs on him.

Pieter Van Weele, 48, told reporters how he was returning from a night out in Pattaya when he was stopped in the early hours of the morning by two police on motorbikes.

When he was on his way back to his hotel, Mr Weele said that he had taken a motorbike taxi and stopped at a local store where he was stopped by the two plain clothes officers.

Mr Weele alleges that the officers confiscated his bag and phone and quick search suddenly produced a small bag containing white powder.

The officers then arrested Mr Weele and took him to the police station.

Mr Weele, who admitted to be drunk, denied the bag containing the white powder was his and told the officers he had no idea where it came from.

Mr Weele, then claims that he was taken to a private room at the police station where he was pushed kneed in his testicles.

Mr Weele also claimed that volunteered a sample of urine which was found not to contain drugs.

The Dutchman then alleged that a “farang French guy” who works for Pattaya police told him any charges would be dropped if he paid him 100,000 baht.

Mr Weele claims that he went back to his hotel room with the “farang French guy” where he gave him 40,000 baht in cash before returning to the police station to collect his phone. He also said that officers kept his ATM card that was stored in the case of his phone.

Senior officers are said to be investigating the claims of Mr Weele.

The Dutchman spoke to local reporters after leaving the police station.

Source: Ruk Siam News

thai+visa_news.jpg

-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2019-01-21

has that *pretend copper* surfaced again ?? sounds like it,

Same French guy who claimed to be DSI last year? I can feel a carpet being lifted for this to be swept under as we speak...

The only way he can have his case heard is to take this story all the way to the top...the absolute top...to the ultimate, unchallenged, unquestioned legal and moral authority of Thailand and the Thai people. He needs to go to Facebook.

I got caught up in drug search in BKK recently. While they searched I turned around and walked a few steps away and was ordered back to witness the search 

A real life case of Dutch courage.

41 minutes ago, webfact said:

Shouldn't it read: Senior officers of the same police station are investigating?

I wonder how the TAT will spin this story. Good idea to turn to the media.

Not that dodgy French police guy again. I remember reading here that he had scampered after the last drama involving him? 

52 minutes ago, Nice Boyd said:

I would never trust TP...

What or who is TP?

2 minutes ago, Puccini said:

What or who is TP?

image.jpeg.664a179c4b00f1d0a673311551528be8.jpeg

This is not a stretch. Always remember that the RTP are franchisees. Not law enforcement. So, always beware. If it were me, I would start, or ask someone close, to start a major Facebook and Twitter campaign. Embarrassment and international humiliation seems to be quite an effective tool here, as this administration is scared to death of devastating the tourism cash cow, even more than they have destroyed it already. The police would not be held accountable, but you would walk free, without having to pay the ransom. 

I believe the tourist in this case.

1 hour ago, webfact said:

Nothing will happen with this 'investigation' unless Mr Weele goes viral on Facebook with this.

he's not going to go down for the supposed drugs.

but putting it up on social media, is whole lot different kettle of fish that are going to end up smelly