Custom Paint Job for a US Hot Rod

Rimmer

My friend brought his half finished custom car from the US when he moved here a short while back, when he has all the mechanical stuff sorted out he is going to need a good custom paint job on it, obviously not ready for painting yet but he wants to start looking and finding what is available.  Chonburi area is favorite as that is where he lives.

No need to tell me to use the search function I have no time for that piece of tot

Not sure what the body is but the engine is a reworked Chevrolet 383 with Transam 700E transmission. A Corvette IRS rear end and Mustang 2 front end.

Anyone is interested here are a few pictures:

20190119_153352.jpg

20181108_112653.jpg

20181108_112702.jpg

20181108_114912.jpg

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I just knew Transam would be first on this thread, good on ya Transam ????

I'll try to keep it up to date with what he is doing for anyone who wants to read about the project as well :smile:

how do the roads dept react to something like this?  it would not come up in a database of models available new/used cars, to compare to!

let alone putting on the inevitable go fast decals! ????

2 hours ago, canthai55 said:

If it was me I would go to a custom car show, classic car night, etc.

Ask around - soon find out who is the best.

I know Thor from BKK

http://thorchops.com/

https://www.facebook.com/ThorChopsKustoms/

I agree go to a custom car show or even bike show. The custom folks know what you want, and they are the best at realizing your vision.

Another one for the OP to consider, shop works on mostly american classic cars. 

Autocraft Bangkok

https://www.facebook.com/autocraft

• 5 months later...

The car has been stripped down to the chassis which has been sand blasted and treated with whatever they treat chassis with.

The fuel lines and gas tank has been installed.

66319244_464197924395224_7076079794072322048_n.jpg

66474725_731166410647594_1811667808757481472_n.jpg

Found out the chassis was treated with epoxy after it was cleaned and now it is all wrapped up in cling film to keep it clean whilst the body is attended to.

ClingFilm.jpg

On ‎1‎/‎21‎/‎2019 at 1:30 PM, Rimmer said:

My friend brought his half finished custom car from the US when he moved here a short while back...

Any importing tips that he, or you, could pass on might be useful to the many foreign posters here who frequently ask about importing cars/parts and whose plans are always shot down by the naysayers.  Did he have any problems with Customs officers who are so often accused here of being thieves and are allegedly seen driving imported cars around after the owners have declined to pay the huge amounts of duty?

52 minutes ago, Just Weird said:

Any importing tips that he, or you, could pass on might be useful to the many foreign posters here who frequently ask about importing cars/parts and whose plans are always shot down by the naysayers.  Did he have any problems with Customs officers who are so often accused here of being thieves and are allegedly seen driving imported cars around after the owners have declined to pay the huge amounts of duty?

He has never mentioned how just said there were many problems and it took something over a year in total to get all the the necessary permits.  Only thing he did say is that it would have been impossible without a Thai wife.

Archived