Bangrak Begpacker

Nyezhov

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 hours ago, Nyezhov said:

Whatever a farang does here reflects on all of us. 

That might be true indeed.

As much as i enjoy your posts, i have to say that taking pics of strangers in trouble doesn't look like a good thing to me.

What if you were in trouble and strangers took pics of you ?

If you don't want to help, just ignore.

6 minutes ago, mauGR1 said:

As much as i enjoy your posts, i have to say that taking pics of strangers in trouble doesn't look like a good thing to me.

6 minutes ago, mauGR1 said:

I'm an exhibitionist.

One day I arrived at the rear of Central Festival a little early around 0800, wanted to have a cup of coffee in quiet.........a guy got out of a car, which drive off, with a guitar case, dressed okay, started setting up in the entrance before the door - opened the guitar case, I expected to see a guitar, no there were 2 signs, one in English and one in Russian or something like that.  He pulled out a wad of money from a pocket and started laying bills inside the guitar case, 100s, 500s and 1000s,  threw a few twenties as well and sat down on the floor............I walked over and read the sign in English:  "Wife having a baby, I have no money"   I looked at him, he smiled raised both hands face up in a "What??" gesture.........shook my head and walked away.  Gotta admit, guys got balls.

On ‎1‎/‎21‎/‎2019 at 8:18 AM, KhunProletariat said:

Why did you have to snap a pic of him? For what purpose?

IMO that is a horrible thing to do to a young man down on his luck.

Real cheap move.

KP.

Not down on his luck, just pushing his luck. These guys are invariably here on a gap year, sponsored by a rich mummy and daddy. His generous allowance was probably a bit late coming through, or he'd spent this months allowance on a bag of vastly overpriced ganja.

It's also seen as "all part of the experience" for these entitled losers to do a bit of begging.

Save your sympathy for a Thai genuinely down on his luck, who's only way out is a bit of help from a farang.

1 hour ago, mauGR1 said:

What makes you think that he was in trouble?

7 hours ago, Nyezhov said:

No Im just one of those dudes who is ashamed when someone of my tribe acts like a dick. That extends ot my fellow Americans, farangs in general, etc.

As a Brit, I'm not afforded that luxury. I live in Pattaya and would live in a permanent state of embarrassment if I took your standpoint. 

10 minutes ago, Nyezhov said:

Or drunk

4 minutes ago, Spidey said:

So, not just spaced out on too much weed then?

Don't know, i've never been so drunk to fall asleep on a sidewalk, but , when i was still a kid, i had to beg for a bus ticket after being robbed of all my money.

I am not proud of it, but there was not much else i could do, and i'll be forever grateful to the kind souls who helped me.

1 minute ago, mauGR1 said:

Don't know, i've never been so drunk to fall asleep on a sidewalk, but , when i was still a kid, i had to beg for a bus ticket after being robbed of all my money.

I am not proud of it, but there was not much else i could do, and i'll be forever grateful to the kind souls who helped me.

Well, I have been that spaced out that I fell asleep on the sidewalk. Trust me, he's showing all the signs.

I also spent 2 weeks sleeping in my beat up old car because I had nowhere to live. Didn't resort to begging though. If I ever got in a fix, I always thought that it was my responsibility to sort myself out, not rely on handouts from others.

BTW. I, on a number of occasions, either lost or spent my school bus fare. I walked.

2 hours ago, mauGR1 said:

One thing is for sure in current times, if you do something a little different there will always be at least one person that will take a photo or video of you. It will end up on social media, everyone is on display now.

On 1/21/2019 at 3:17 PM, Nyezhov said:

No but as a fellow farang I am entitled to be embarrassed by some dude with expensive backpacks begging on the streets. And thats what I did, snapped the pic, shook my head and moved on.....

If it helps make you feel any better, the "expensive" grey backpack...  200 baht, from Decathlon...

back.JPG

23 minutes ago, Spidey said:

Well, I have been that spaced out that I fell asleep on the sidewalk. Trust me, he's showing all the signs.

I also spent 2 weeks sleeping in my beat up old car because I had nowhere to live. Didn't resort to begging though. If I ever got in a fix, I always thought that it was my responsibility to sort myself out, not rely on handouts from others.

BTW. I, on a number of occasions, either lost or spent my school bus fare. I walked.

Good for you, perhaps the sleeping guy is not as tough and smart as you.

Still, i never enjoy the sight of people in trouble.

29 minutes ago, Spidey said:

Been there, done that. Parked outside a $10 a month health club so I could shower in the morning and go to work

30 minutes ago, Gracas said:

One thing is for sure in current times, if you do something a little different there will always be at least one person that will take a photo or video of you. It will end up on social media, everyone is on display now.

I bet a CCTV took a pic of me taking a pic

33 minutes ago, mauGR1 said:

Good for you, perhaps the sleeping guy is not as tough and smart as you.

Still, i never enjoy the sight of people in trouble.

As I said, he's not in trouble, just a privileged stoner taking the piss.

could be a perfectly decent young lad in a bit of a fix.... Looks fairly well dressed etc, who knows? seems op was eager to to judge and post a photo here rather than ask the lad if he's ok..... talking of our behavior reflecting upon us all etc etc

9 hours ago, Nyezhov said:

Well lets see, there is some farang bum sleeping as he bags whilst I, a busy farang, walk by. 

Whatever a farang does here reflects on all of us. 

No it doesn't.... You may feel a foreigner begging in the street reflects poorly on you - I wonder why you would feel that. 

With certainty I know that Thai's are not daft enough to think that

a Foreign (western) beggar reflects poorly on me because there no way to make the association... other than skin color... 

Thai's are not stupid, when they meet you, you are dealt with initially on the merit of your first impression - be it clothing, attitude, personality etc...  Just because a Thai has seen a beggar on the street in no way alters how they think of me or treat someone else....  If you think it would impact how Thai's think of you, could it be that you have an underwhelming disheveled appearance?

9 hours ago, Nyezhov said:

Maybe because I beleive that folks should act properly. But hey, Im older, manners and form and propriety mean something

Are you sure??? You took a photo of a stranger and attempted to publicly humiliate him.... 

Reading the comments reminds me, just last night, this skinny white guy who dropped off a tiny keychain and a sign saying he was deaf and to purchase the chain for 100 baht.
As my wife was getting out her money, saying she felt bad for him, I told her not a chance in hell. His entire motive is to make people feel awkward and bad to buy an overpriced keychain. Ambushed begging.
As for the picture, all his stuff looks brand new, pretty expensive looking bag. I am curious what his story is and why not go to the embassy.

Sent from my BLA-L29 using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

13 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

Thai's are not stupid, when they meet you, you are dealt with initially on the merit of your first impression - be it clothing, attitude, personality etc...

They initially judge you on their preconceived ideas of farangs, although you can overcome that eventually by the means you suggest.

15 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

With certainty I know that Thai's are not daft enough to think that

a Foreign (western) beggar reflects poorly on me because there no way to make the association... other than skin color... 

Skin colour is a biggy for Thais. White skin  = farang = someone who comes across as superior to them.

Just now, Spidey said:
15 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

Thai's are not stupid, when they meet you, you are dealt with initially on the merit of your first impression - be it clothing, attitude, personality etc...

They initially judge you on their preconceived ideas of farangs, although you can overcome that eventually by the means you suggest.

Are you sure?.... Most Thai's don't really care too much about us one way or another, we are just treated with the same measure of indifference that Thai's treat each other with... 

It is as soon as we engage in any interaction that some form of judgement may slip in and as with any human, those first few seconds dictate any judgement.... 

Archived