Legal action taken against people who removed beer cans from beer truck accident scene

snoop1130

Legal action taken against people who removed beer cans from beer truck accident scene

By Kritsada Mueanhawong

22538.jpg

PHOTOS / VIDEO:  Thanakrit Asulyakul / Mana Sombat / Kanlaya Singkangrang / Kritsada Mueanhawong

Legal action has already been taken against four people who ‘removed’ beer cans after a truck carrying boxes of beer cans overturned in Phuket on January 11.

A logistic company representative has filed a report with police after more than 80,000 beer cans, valued at more than two million baht, mysteriously “vanished” after the truck overturned in Rassada.

The Phuket City Police Chief Col Sompong Thiparpakun says, “Four people have now been arrested. They have admitted that they saw other people taking beer cans, so they did too. They say they have consumed the contents of all beer cans. ”

Full Story: https://thethaiger.com/news/phuket/legal-action-taken-against-people-who-removed-beer-cans-from-beer-truck-accident-scene

— The Thaiger 2019-01-21

I have to seriously doubt the veracity of the figures, and smell an insurance scam on the horizon.

80,000 cans of beer equates to 3,333 cases. If there were 100 people involved ( which I think unlikely ) then that means each person carried off 34 cases of beer.....no mean feat when most were on motorcycles or walking. 

I applaud the passers-by who took it upon themselves to avoid a potential environmental disaster and get the demon alcohol off the street.  Chai Yo! 

Meanwhile, that 7-11 is going to have to explain why sales of alcoholic beverages were way down that day. 

5 minutes ago, Damrongsak said:

I applaud the passers-by who took it upon themselves to avoid a potential environmental disaster and get the demon alcohol off the street.  Chai Yo! 

Meanwhile, that 7-11 is going to have to explain why sales of alcoholic beverages were way down that day. 

Maybe also need to explain the sudden appearance of a dozen or so more cases than there should be in the back room...:whistling:

All these good Samaritans clearing the rubbish & debris from an accident.

I'm sure they would have emptied the contents somehow, and then recycled the empty can in the appropriate manner.

Well don't to them all.  The supplier/transporter should be charged for causing a potential environmental catastrophe.

The damaged cans would be the property of the insurance company who would have to pay to remove them and would have dumped them in a hole or landfill. The villagers cleaned up the mess for free and recycled the beer and the cans. They should be applauded for their good work !

18 hours ago, NCC1701A said:

must have been a hell of a party.

defendants are ordered to kick up trash for 30 days.

next case.

I have my doubts that the participants remember anything from that day....:partytime2:

9 hours ago, AhFarangJa said:

I have to seriously doubt the veracity of the figures, and smell an insurance scam on the horizon.

80,000 cans of beer equates to 3,333 cases. If there were 100 people involved ( which I think unlikely ) then that means each person carried off 34 cases of beer.....no mean feat when most were on motorcycles or walking. 

You are not counting how many cans went in the 7-11 storage area  :welcomeani:

They went  on sale the same day

Archived