Article 44 may be used for poll postponement

webfact

3 hours ago, Chang_paarp said:

It mealy re-enforces current opinions of the regime. That they are doing everything to hold onto power, is well within the scope of expected behaviour of many tinpot unelected regimes across the world. Expect investment to slowly dry up next.

Please let the Baht crash!!! down,down,down!! 

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply
30 minutes ago, rkidlad said:

At the end of your post, are you still referring to political scientists or someone else? 

Everything and anything spouted by politicians and political scientists all over the world.

When I'm really bored I torture myself by listening to politicians and political analysts being interviewed ???? . I have never heard one of them answer yes or no to a question. A concrete answer to a direct question never appears. The way they answer is an art form in itself.

I have booked flights back to the peoples republic of Dudley that until now helped avoid both the coronation and election

(despite severe disappointment of everyone concerned i am sure both can go ahead without me)

Finger crossed it all happens while i am away, having said that the Thais dont give a hoot so why should we, its their tent and their circus

1 minute ago, poohy said:

I have booked flights back to the peoples republic of Dudley that until now helped avoid both the coronation and election

(despite severe disappointment of everyone concerned i am sure both can go ahead without me)

Finger crossed it all happens while i am away, having said that the Thais dont give a hoot so why should we, its their tent and their circus

Dudley and Tipton area?  Is 'The Lamp' still there? 

An unbelievable act of cowardice on the part of the army, and Prayuth. He wants so desperately to cling to power, yet he is pathologically afraid of the elections. I think he knows he is unpopular, and despised by the masses, and at this stage, even Justin Bieber could beat him in an election. They people are desperate for change, and are tired of his incompetence, his lies, his excuses, and his arrogance. Remember his statement about the recent tropical storm. The damage to Thailand was far less, due to his prayers. Right!

Get out. Get out now. You are not liked. You are not wanted. You are despised by your people. You have done nothing for them, in the four plus years you have clung to power. You are holding back your people. You are sabotaging tourism. You are not the man for the job. Get out now.

There is a bit of a thread that the rest of the world is watching and waiting on Thai election issues.

Not much of a thread admittedly, but some interest.

I doubt whether any country is too interested in any outcome.

Most countries no longer care anymore.

Other countries have other issues such as unpredictable weather, poor economic outcomes

and extremism. Thailand has faded from the radar. Just another puny autocracy. 

2 comments:

(1) The West - Europe, Usofa, Oz etc - is currently too preoccupied with the results of their own incompetence to worry about Thailand. Who, outside of here, cares? Of course the Europeans may still go through the motions ...

(2) That anyone could suggest that elections cannot be held till there is 'peace in society' shows how little they understand about democracy & its workings. On that basis of course we'll all be dead'nburied before anything happens.

I think this shows how much the election in Malaysia scared the bejesus out of the guys in charge here. Najib was presumed to be in total control and cruising to reelection, in spite of epic levels of corruption. Yet the public woke up and showed him the door.

Same thing could happen here. Many of my Thai friends express frustration and disdain for what is going on. The tide could change very quickly if there was someone charismatic enough to enlighten people as to the failing of the current (and past) regimes. Prayut and company know this and that's why things are going backwards.

And there are so many other things to discuss, but can't...

I might be wrong but it seems to me that political pundits here have to be very careful. They use words like 'erratic' when perhaps they would like to use stronger more direct vocabulary. Under the junta they could be charged or silenced and of course, as a Royal Decree is mentioned/involved, toning down the written word would be wise. I think the OP just used a lot of words to say something simple; The junta are in charge and they will do and say, when and where, whatever they want to, regardless of what anyone else, international included, thinks. Even if article 44 is not applicable the PM has the power to change it and make it applicable...end of story. Isn't that what juntas' do?

To us its all just a farce but to them it's power and unless the populous en masse do something, this is how it will stay.

4 hours ago, holy cow cm said:

There’s the Article 44 trigger button happy finger I was wait-in to hear about ready to save the Junta day! 

So predictable!

Is it my erratic sense of humour or does article 44 put me in mind of a older version of Catch 22 

8 minutes ago, overherebc said:

Only two places I remember.

The Lamp and The Crooked Billet.

During my time with Babcock Power in Tipton.

The Lamp was Lenny Henry's local in his younger years.

See photo.

I think it's still in the uk's

goodpubguide.

Dry Dock, Windmill End 1996.JPG

Never went in The Lamp, but I do remember the Crooked House:

image.png.9760d4b0d09b9465b29a0a9737ceee7b.png

7 hours ago, webfact said:

Meanwhile, Prime Minister General Prayut Chan-o-cha told the press yesterday: “[The Royal Decree] will be out soon. Calm down. It’ll be out very soon.” However, he refused to say exactly when it will be published despite the public’s intense curiosity and concern.

believe-sign-in-hands-final_zpsbn2y094c.

7 hours ago, webfact said:

Though the current most likely election date is March 24, Prajak said if it was to be postponed, then it will likely be held after May 9 – the final date forced by the Constitution.

A simple Google search will reveal a direct quote to the press many months ago stating the post coronation time frame as the ultimate election date. It was planned from the outset. The February date has always been a fabrication.

19 minutes ago, hotchilli said:

The world is watching... and will vote with it's feet to trade/invest or look elsewhere for a more stable choice. 

Fat chance. If that were the case, it would already have happened.  And the much-wished-for crash of the baht would have happened. But they haven't.

31 minutes ago, timendres said:

A simple Google search will reveal a direct quote to the press many months ago stating the post coronation time frame as the ultimate election date. It was planned from the outset. The February date has always been a fabrication.

There is a name for this train of thought...Its called enabler....

The election lies have been going on for YEARS now....Please stop enabling and justifying false promises....

A common refrain on Thisbe forum and other places is that “the world is watching” or variations along that theme.

Thailand is completely irrelevant on the World stage and the world is NOT watching.

Thailand is famous around the world for Ladyboys and Prostitution and nothing else...forget the hogwash about food and culture....for 99% of people outside Thailand what they know about the place will be Ladyboys and Prostitutes.

This place is irrelevant for anyone that does not live here. And the locals don’t even know their is supposed to be an election now (they don’t accept the situation...the fact is that they do not know what the situation even is).

Is anyone really surprised, initially i was the Election was before the Coronation ,  one presumes he cleared that with the Royal Household first. I

Now as he can do nothing about the Coronation, not in his POWER , then he will use his POWER to change the date of the election , so he can be in the front at the Coronation. Free publicity, look at me etc etc . 

That man suffers from delusions of grandeur amongst other things .  

27 minutes ago, sead said:

And they think this isn't already planned lol. He's more smart than he shows. 

He have 2 things planned out already.

You dont argue with the coronation and you dont argue with article 44. 

Yes. And they have other delays planned too - events (again) which no one dare contest ...

Archived