Article 44 may be used for poll postponement

webfact

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 hours ago, webfact said:

Prime Minister General Prayut Chan-o-cha told the press yesterday: “[The Royal Decree] will be out soon. Calm down. It’ll be out very soon.” However, he refused to say exactly when it will be published despite the public’s intense curiosity and concern.

"Calm down, we will take our sweet time in order to remind you that you have no real power in our system of government.  We will do whatever we want, line our pockets, just shut up and we will do what is best for you."  

1 hour ago, chingmai331 said:

Gotta wonder.  Who is really in charge in T'land.

It sure ain't Prayuth. Also, we can't assume he is the chosen one to lead Palang Pracharat. He's already had a major disagreement with the party about converting Sor Bor Kor land documents into land title deeds which can be sold to anyone. I agree with him on that issue. The poor will lose their land quickly if this becomes law.

Perhaps someone else will be Palang Pracharat leader, a distinguished figure no doubt.

2 hours ago, chingmai331 said:

Gotta wonder.  Who is really in charge in T'land.

I think it's an alliance - a symbiotic relationship - between the very, very, ultra-rich families (no names mentioned!) and the military. There will be a little tension or even disagreements at times between them, but at the end of the day they all look after each other. They know which side their (fat slices of) bread is buttered on. So mutually loving and caring!

1 hour ago, Eligius said:

I think it's an alliance - a symbiotic relationship - between the very, very, ultra-rich families (no names mentioned!) and the military. There will be a little tension or even disagreements at times between them, but at the end of the day they all look after each other. They know which side their (fat slices of) bread is buttered on. So mutually loving and caring!

Yes.They 'seed' each other.

But this also happens on every level in Thailand without the paraphernalia of a one party state.

A remarkable accomplishment in a strange kind of way.To pretend to be democratic for 80 years and-from time to time-even to have this make believe accepted at face value.

8 hours ago, spidermike007 said:

An unbelievable act of cowardice on the part of the army, and Prayuth. He wants so desperately to cling to power, yet he is pathologically afraid of the elections. I think he knows he is unpopular, and despised by the masses, and at this stage, even Justin Bieber could beat him in an election. They people are desperate for change, and are tired of his incompetence, his lies, his excuses, and his arrogance. Remember his statement about the recent tropical storm. The damage to Thailand was far less, due to his prayers. Right!

Get out. Get out now. You are not liked. You are not wanted. You are despised by your people. You have done nothing for them, in the four plus years you have clung to power. You are holding back your people. You are sabotaging tourism. You are not the man for the job. Get out now.

for a moment I thought you were talking about Trump but Prayut is a little more dignified and lies less.

1 hour ago, Eligius said:

It's called the establishment.

9 hours ago, mickymouse1 said:

What difference will it make to the Thai people if election is held tomorrow or 24th March or in May??????

Probably not much in many ways. The army constitution rigs control for 20 years apparently. However, perhaps the psychological feeling that they do have a vote, that they can influence things, may produce enormous changes.

1 minute ago, tomta said:

Probably not much in many ways. The army constitution rigs control for 20 years apparently. However, perhaps the psychological feeling that they do have a vote, that they can influence things, may produce enormous changes.

That's true, most people feel that they are in control of their lives.... before a stock market crash, a truck smashes into you or the doc has some bad news, so yes, my vote made a difference, yeah right.

14 hours ago, webfact said:

Prime Minister General Prayut Chan-o-cha told the press yesterday: “[The Royal Decree] will be out soon. Calm down. It’ll be out very soon.” However, he refused to say exactly when it will be published

like I said before never ever trust a politician.

A person who acts in a manipulative and devious way.

Postponements will continue until the junta members die of old age or until the Thais have had enough to push them onto the streets. You can't lead if no one follows. If you are considered to be stealing a country there are consequences.

58 minutes ago, chama said:

...If you are considered to be stealing a country there are consequences.

Unfortunately, all too often, Thailand is the land of acts without consequences - especially where the over-powerful and privileged 1% are concerned. 

They literally get away with murder. Have done for generations and generations.

And the Thais (overwhelmingly) do and say nothing.

So -  'up to them'.

10 hours ago, timendres said:

A simple Google search will reveal a direct quote to the press many months ago stating the post coronation time frame as the ultimate election date. It was planned from the outset. The February date has always been a fabrication.

And simple Google searches will reveal direct qoutes to elections definitely happening in ...2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, no 2019. Why does the coronation date suddenly hold more water for you.

What I do clearly remember thought is a lot of "Thailand 2020" poster flying around right after the coup. Foreshadowing or the plan all along?

On 1/22/2019 at 3:55 AM, webfact said:

In fact, Prajak said, a pessimistic few believe an election may not even be a possibility this year.

Pessimistic??? I think realistic is a better description and I believe it would be more than a few who hold this belief. 

Excuses, excuses, excuses. Goes on ad infinitum and may very well be a ticking time bomb that can only end one way. 

Proceed with care Mr P. Tick tick tick...

Archived