Democratic U.S. Sen. Kamala Harris jumps into 2020 White House race

webfact

On 1/22/2019 at 8:54 AM, Jingthing said:

She is a formidable candidate.

Not my current favorite but all democrats, independents, and non "trump" infected republicans should be able to support her if nominated.

It's great that so many strong qualified women are contenders.

It does feel after the democratic women wave midterms that the next president will likely be one of them.

The young woman from the Bronx is not running. Don't dignify trollish comments suggesting that she is.

Sent from my Lenovo A7020a48 using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

I back her as the next President of the USA. Beto as her VP. 

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply
15 hours ago, Jingthing said:

Starbucks boy doesn't want to be a spoiler and give it to "trump" he wants to win.

He's expecting it to be "trump" vs. a progressive which is more than likely.

So he would run as independent centrist.

He could potentially win that way and he also could give a gift to "trump."

He has every right to run of course but I wish he wouldn't. 

The media’s new enthusiasm for third-party billionaires (Starbucks anyone?) is a big help to Trump’s re-election.  Any third-party candidate will divide the anti-Trump vote and have no effect on the pro-Trump vote. The White House should encourage every would-be third-party leader. The more the merrier from the Trump perspective

6 hours ago, Longcut said:

The media’s new enthusiasm for third-party billionaires (Starbucks anyone?) is a big help to Trump’s re-election.  Any third-party candidate will divide the anti-Trump vote and have no effect on the pro-Trump vote. The White House should encourage every would-be third-party leader. The more the merrier from the Trump perspective

Yes of course if Coffee Boy runs as in independent he will be electing "trump." Bloomberg is trying to warn him about that as he does done a lot of research already and concluded that is definite. Because of that Bloomberg if he runs would not run as an independent, but as a democrat, but he knows he wouldn't be nominated so he won't run at all. 

Of course if a candidate to the right of "trump" ran as an independent that would hurt "trump" but there isn't anyone like that likely to run. 

She's DEFINITELY done now.

She's promoting single payer healthcare - which is good.

But she's also saying that private insurance will be eradicated.

All single payer systems co-exist alongside private insurance - she's going to ban that? Idjit.

Why does no-one ever talk about the massively inflated cost of healthcare. $60 for an cotton bud - that sort of thing. The mind boggles.

7 hours ago, pedro01 said:

She's DEFINITELY done now.

She's promoting single payer healthcare - which is good.

But she's also saying that private insurance will be eradicated.

All single payer systems co-exist alongside private insurance - she's going to ban that? Idjit.

Why does no-one ever talk about the massively inflated cost of healthcare. $60 for an cotton bud - that sort of thing. The mind boggles.

I can't see her trying to eliminate private insurance.   A single payer system works in the country, but insurance is still needed for travel outside the US.   Also, many people want private insurance for a variety of reasons.

On 1/27/2019 at 10:58 PM, Jingthing said:

I'm an admirer of Willie Brown and so was she.

I'm not at all interested in Kamala Harris, but this comment intrigues me. No question Willie was a powerful political operative in the mold of Boss Tweed, Huey Long, Richard Daley, etc; doling out the patronage in exchange for political favors that cemented his personal power, but what about that do you find admirable?  How were the people served by that?

On 1/28/2019 at 12:03 AM, Jingthing said:

So I guess you're in the stay safe crowd which would be who, Biden?

I'm not going to predict who will win now. It's way to early for that. We don't even know if "trump" will be running in 2020. He could be in prison or resigned. 

Also Starbucks coffee boy is serious. That changes everything. 

The Starbucks guy is going to get no traction. Bloomberg would take him out as a more well rounded staunch corporatist. Neither will make the final cut. It's the middle that's sick and everyone knows that.

On 1/28/2019 at 3:50 AM, JimmyJ said:

Kamala Harris is putting on the smiles and the "I'm just one of you, just Kamala from the block", but she's actually just one more brutal cop:

"Reasons I cannot vote for Kamala Harris"

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1apJBsgwrGR4TRtfjm_yboqY9RvI1g4ca2Nd6UPe6mzs/edit

Yeah, anyone who's ever read a John Grisham novel knows prosecutors are lying, cheating scum.

On 1/29/2019 at 9:17 PM, Credo said:

I can't see her trying to eliminate private insurance.   A single payer system works in the country, but insurance is still needed for travel outside the US.   Also, many people want private insurance for a variety of reasons.

Yes she was.

And now she's not...

"Democrats distance themselves from Harris' call to eliminate private health plans"

https://edition.cnn.com/2019/01/29/politics/kamala-harris-medicare-for-all-divides-democrats/index.html

What a train wreck...

6 minutes ago, pedro01 said:

Yes she was.

And now she's not...

"Democrats distance themselves from Harris' call to eliminate private health plans"

https://edition.cnn.com/2019/01/29/politics/kamala-harris-medicare-for-all-divides-democrats/index.html

What a train wreck...

That in a nutshell is the problem that Democrats face. Rather than distancing themselves from the elimination of private health plans for other than supplemental insurance they should be embracing it. Don't be Republicans, Democrats, be Democrats.

Better candidates better show up or else...Harris seems so unpolished and really she wants to get rid of private health insurance, yeah right, couldn’t imagine her at a high level dinner/ meeting anywhere in the world...Biden would be 82 at the end of his first term and 86 at the end of his second.. yeah right really good candidate for an old age home..Warren has sooo many critics in Massachusetts she will automatically fail in New Hampshire and then the rest... Bernie too old as well..Mr Starbucks better than many but no go. This race sucks and I hope it doesn’t get worse but probably will. 

Archived