I need to Get out of the Dest, How is the air in Hua Hin

Nyezhov

I cant go to Cambo because of flight restrictions and weight carrying, and I cant play Boom Boom so no sence going to Pattaya. Its dusty here in BKK and Im tired of walking the malls, especially ICONSiam with its deady walk of pastries.

So my choice right now to go anywhere is by train. How is the air in Hua Hin?

On this website, you can get realtime AQI for Bangkok, and if you zoom out, gives you all of Thailand, and the world too.

You will see that today, BKK is really nasty and dangerous air. Hua Hin is not listed, the only green quality air is in Korat, Khon Kaen, NE, and in Phuket, and in the south of Thailand.

https://aqicn.org/city/bangkok/

One of the best deals in tourism is the weekend tourist train from BKK to Kanchanaburi.  It was 120 baht round trip/ same day.  Not sure what it costs now. 

I used to buy 2 R/T tickets, going up on Saturday and coming home Sunday evening.  There was always a room available, anywhere from 250 baht to the sky's the limit.  That was my favorite weekend getaway from BKK.

16 minutes ago, keemapoot said:

On this website, you can get realtime AQI for Bangkok, and if you zoom out, gives you all of Thailand, and the world too.

You will see that today, BKK is really nasty and dangerous air. Hua Hin is not listed, the only green quality air is in Korat, Khon Kaen, NE, and in Phuket, and in the south of Thailand.

Thats the site I use and since Hua Hin wasnt listed, I asked ????

7 minutes ago, impulse said:

One of the best deals in tourism is the weekend tourist train from BKK to Kanchanaburi.  It was 120 baht round trip/ same day.  Not sure what it costs now. 

I used to buy 2 R/T tickets, going up on Saturday and coming home Sunday evening.  There was always a room available, anywhere from 250 baht to the sky's the limit.  That was my favorite weekend getaway from BKK.

Im asking about Hua Hin because the air sucks up there too.....

20 minutes ago, Nyezhov said:

Thats the site I use and since Hua Hin wasnt listed, I asked ????

I imagine the air might be fairly decent even now. Obviously, the Eastern Seaboard is horrible now too, but is heavily industrialized. Hua Hin is not, but maybe that Chonburi cloud drifts over to Hua Hin?

Try PKK Prachuap Khiri Khan 1 hour more by train from HH

i live 15km south of town always a breeze here and air quality a lot better than BKK

Plus plenty of hotel guesthouses in PKK or Klong wan ( no i dont own a Hotel or gh)

All right well Im looking at the train schedules right now. Im tired of walking in Malls. Let me know if it gets gnarly. I assume there are tuk tuks near the train station, Im not allowed to carry a lot

8 minutes ago, Nyezhov said:

All right well Im looking at the train schedules right now. Im tired of walking in Malls. Let me know if it gets gnarly. I assume there are tuk tuks near the train station, Im not allowed to carry a lot

In PKK saleang taxis meet all trains (not so sure about the trains in the middle of the night)

suggest air con train from BKK 8.00am arrives PKK 13.00 ish,or HH about an hour earlier

32 minutes ago, Nyezhov said:

If you are concerned about air quality, why would you want to ride in a stinky diesel car to HH (8.05,  2nd class with spotty AC that can sometimes run too cold or too noisy or too odiferous, and that can leave one with a sore throat for the rest of the day)? Sad to say but the most suitable train departure in the morning (9.20) is an open window train 3rd class, that leaves you grimy at the end of the journey  or gasping for air during the long, slow ride.  Take the airport link BTS to BKK  and then hop on the  airport bus to Hua Hin. It's cleaner and faster.

25 minutes ago, poohy said:

In PKK saleang taxis meet all trains (not so sure about the trains in the middle of the night)

suggest air con train from BKK 8.00am arrives PKK 13.00 ish,or HH about an hour earlier

Yeah Im one of those guys who just shows up at Hua Lamphong so I will end up on a 3rd class afternoon train. Thats cool, I can open the window ????

13 minutes ago, geriatrickid said:

If you are concerned about air quality, why would you want to ride in a stinky diesel car to HH (8.05,  2nd class with spotty AC that can sometimes run too cold or too noisy or too odiferous, and that can leave one with a sore throat for the rest of the day)? Sad to say but the most suitable train departure in the morning (9.20) is an open window train 3rd class, that leaves you grimy at the end of the journey  or gasping for air during the long, slow ride.  Take the airport link BTS to BKK  and then hop on the  airport bus to Hua Hin. It's cleaner and faster.

Or just take a taxi to Sai mai

I wouldn't trust anyone's opinion that's not backed up by an air quality meter, reading pm2.5. I was in Hua Hin in early December, after reading a lot of posts saying the air is great down there. I had a meter. Each day was worse than Chiang Mai.

I understand that can happen on a temporary basis, so I have no idea what the air quality is now.

IMG_20181202_111641.jpg

9 hours ago, poohy said:

Try PKK Prachuap Khiri Khan 1 hour more by train from HH

i live 15km south of town always a breeze here and air quality a lot better than BKK

Plus plenty of hotel guesthouses in PKK or Klong wan ( no i dont own a Hotel or gh)

yeah that one is really amazing, totally different then any other place in Thailand. Just visited it.

Was in the oldest hotel there, right on the sea. OK no beach overthere, only with low tie (at night)

SOme further away there is a beach, where mostly Thai are bathing and playing.

You can climb monkey mountain for a magnificent view. Beware the poo. Monkeys dont really bother you.

You could say Prachuap looks a bit boring for tourists. You could also see the other monkeys, special ones they have there, bril langur monkey, but they were on military compound but are allowed after checking in with the guard.

As its open to the sea all, you dont have bad air.

IMG_20181224_111025.thumb.jpg.c2d5573eb0858964dadf63bcadd07f09.jpg

IMG_20181225_110411.jpg

IMG_20181224_115312.jpg

IMG_20181224_115838.jpg

IMG_20181223_173357.jpg

10 hours ago, keemapoot said:

94 - Not really bad compared to Beijing

4 hours ago, xtrnuno41 said:

You could say Prachuap looks a bit boring for tourists. You could also see the other monkeys, special ones they have there, bril langur monkey, but they were on military compound but are allowed after checking in with the guard.

As its open to the sea all, you dont have bad air.

Yes its boring as hell we liven things up by shooting tourists????

A plus though is decent air

Your photo of fishing boats is in Ao Noi not PKK town

Archived