Franchise In Thailand

martaway

anyone know anything about running a franchise in Thailand

any contact info would be appreciated

I own five different types of franchises in Thailand. What would you like to know?

www.sunbeltasiagroup.com

which one i can buy for a dolllar in my own name, and sit back and watch it makes tens of thousands of dollars a month with little or no effort.....................

got one of those?

I own five different types of franchises in Thailand. What would you like to know?

www.sunbeltasiagroup.com

which one i can buy for a dolllar in my own name, and sit back and watch it makes tens of thousands of dollars a month with little or no effort.....................

got one of those?

Thanks for making me smile. :o

www.sunbeltasiagroup.com

www.sunbeltasiagroup.com

Actually I would like some info too.

I'm thinking about a coffee world or equivalant in a new shopping centre thats about to open.

Could you give me info about this?

Cheers

i quickly looked into opening an american franchise in thai and it supposedly costs the same as opening in western country....minimum us100,000.

still considering but a little put off by cost as it will take much longer to pay off in baht....as well as shifty political, security, business climate etc.

many knowledgeable business minds say not to invest a dime in thailand now...then again, that's sometimes a good time to invest....although my track record for stocks using that philosophy has not been good....so

any thoughts sunbelt?

what franchises are you into?....which is doing best both in sales to thai and farang?

i quickly looked into opening an american franchise in thai and it supposedly costs the same as opening in western country....minimum us100,000.

still considering but a little put off by cost as it will take much longer to pay off in baht....as well as shifty political, security, business climate etc.

many knowledgeable business minds say not to invest a dime in thailand now...then again, that's sometimes a good time to invest....although my track record for stocks using that philosophy has not been good....so

any thoughts sunbelt?

what franchises are you into?....which is doing best both in sales to thai and farang?

Oops Forgot one... In fact my wife and I own six franchises

Sunbelt

Subway

Coffee World

Squeeze

Spicchio Pizza

Chester Grill

It just comes down to location in the restaurant business, if your target group is more foreigners or Thais. You could get into these franchises ( approximate costs with three months operating capital) ...

Sunbelt for $50,000 Subway for $100,000, Coffee World $37,500, Squeeze $25,000, Spicchio Pizza $25,000, Chester Grill $150,000.

Coffee World is good as the cost of sales is only 23%. Lower in a tourist area as Thais like more milk and ice with the coffee.

The biggest three keys in a franchise that has a well known brand... location, location, location.

Forth Key is the product

Fifth key is management.

The downside to a mall is most shopping malls take 20-35% of the gross sales for rent. They get 100% of the cash register receipts and pay you the difference in 45-90 days. (100-20= 80% you get paid) You have all the expenses for labor and food costs in the meantime.

www.sunbeltasiagroup.com

any thoughts sunbelt?

Sunbelt

Subway

Coffee World

Squeeze

Spicchio Pizza

Chester Grill

It just comes down to location in the restaurant business, if your target group is more foreigners or Thais. You could get into these franchises ( approximate costs with three months operating capital) ...

Sunbelt for $50,000 Subway for $100,000, Coffee World $37,500, Squeeze $25,000, Spicchio Pizza $25,000, Chester Grill $150,000.

Coffee World is good as the cost of sales is only 23%. Lower in a tourist area as Thais like more milk and ice with the coffee.

The biggest three keys in a franchise that has a well known brand... location, location, location.

Forth Key is the product

Fifth key is management.

The downside to a mall is most shopping malls take 20-35% of the gross sales for rent. They get 100% of the cash register receipts and pay you the difference in 45-90 days. (100-20= 80% you get paid) You have all the expenses for labor and food costs in the meantime.

www.sunbeltasiagroup.com

Hi

Many thanks for the information.

We are thinking of a Swensen's franchise.

Any idea of price ? We are looking at Koh Samui.

Does the company have to approve location ?

What about key money ?

Regards

What about key money ?

I asked them about a franchise during the francishes exhibition in BITEC last year. I Don't remember the figures, but it involved an initial franchise fee plus an ongoing percentage of sales.

As Heng mentioned, contact The Minor Group.

any thoughts sunbelt?

www.sunbeltasiagroup.com

Truly scary scenario there.

YOUR money, your time, your effort and your risk all to put you on the end of THEIR leash. :o

:o

Go thru one one the companies in Thailand that deal in franchise leasing.

There is NO FREE MEAL TICKET.

You will need:

1. money to invest.

2. Knowledge of the business.

3. be willing to work long hours to supervise.

4. be able to train and reward good employees.

With time and effort (and a good product), you might make a sucess of the business.

Why would you think otherwise?

:D

What about key money ?

Regards

If you want some serious assistance in this endeavour, PM me.

Personally, I can think of better businesses in Samui than icecream; Coffeeworld would probably be more appropriate.

However, for an Island location in Samui please consider:

- location; how will you obtain an optimal location

- rainy season; what will you do in low season

- access; how will customers get to your location

- rent as a proportion of sales; shopping mall scenario giving up gross sales % probably unlikely, you will be dealing with single rented location

- staffing - seasonality to handle high season/low season (and it is very marked there)

- management

- SCM for icecream

- icecream specific; how will you compete against nestle, walls etc roaming ice cream carts; Swensens is at least IMHO a terrible American icecream of not particularly good quality; how will you compete against more convenient accessible icecream that is cheaper

- competition in icrecream; is there a Baskin Robbins, how are they going

- Specific to minor food group; these guys are very smart for the most part; do they already have a location there and if not, why do you think they didn't open one themselves

- specific to mall opening there; a new mall is opening on Samui, why would they not have approached Minor directly

- flooding issues

I think coffee is a far better option for Samui, but then again I have hardly gone to Samui at all in the last 5 years, maybe will be sailing there this year though, so I'll have a look.

What about key money ?

Regards

If you want some serious assistance in this endeavour, PM me.

Personally, I can think of better businesses in Samui than icecream; Coffeeworld would probably be more appropriate.

However, for an Island location in Samui please consider:

- location; how will you obtain an optimal location

- rainy season; what will you do in low season

- access; how will customers get to your location

- rent as a proportion of sales; shopping mall scenario giving up gross sales % probably unlikely, you will be dealing with single rented location

- staffing - seasonality to handle high season/low season (and it is very marked there)

- management

- SCM for icecream

- icecream specific; how will you compete against nestle, walls etc roaming ice cream carts; Swensens is at least IMHO a terrible American icecream of not particularly good quality; how will you compete against more convenient accessible icecream that is cheaper

- competition in icrecream; is there a Baskin Robbins, how are they going

- Specific to minor food group; these guys are very smart for the most part; do they already have a location there and if not, why do you think they didn't open one themselves

- specific to mall opening there; a new mall is opening on Samui, why would they not have approached Minor directly

- flooding issues

I think coffee is a far better option for Samui, but then again I have hardly gone to Samui at all in the last 5 years, maybe will be sailing there this year though, so I'll have a look.

Thanks for the info and advice.

We are looking specifically at Lamai as there is currently no ice cream shop anywhere.

The new Malls are all nearer Chaweng so that would affect Lamai.

There are a couple of decent locations avaiable but presumably it is up to Swensens etc to decide on that ?

• 10 months later...
so how to contact swensens about franchise opportunities?

swensons is part of bill's minor group...one of the largest hotel and food conglomerates in thailande. it is also a SET listed company. if you want to contact them...just google minor group thailand and find their website, where i am sure there would be some contact information and/or address.

ok, i just googled it and here it is http://www.minorfoodgroup.com/About_brand.asp

Edited by jonniebkk

i just read it cost 350,000- 400,000 USD to start up a pizza company <deleted> lol, i thought it would be cheaper in thailand?? doesnt it only cost 2million baht to open a 7-11?????

Edited by DragonQuest

any thoughts sunbelt?

Sunbelt

Subway

Coffee World

Squeeze

Spicchio Pizza

Chester Grill

Forth Key is the product

Fifth key is management.

www.sunbeltasiagroup.com

This is fantastic information. Thank you very much indeed.

I have a friend who owns buildings near a number of BTS stations and I have been seriously considering 7-11s in his buildings. I'd been going on an assumption that each 7-11 would require about 3 million Baht before becoming cash flow neutral. Coffee World is also a very interesting choice especially with the lower start-up costs.

What kind of revenues does a typical good location get for these different franchises and what's the net margin?

i think your friend can just rent the space to 711 instead of opening his own if he wanted and get a % of the profits!

That cuts me out of it doesn't it?

I'd like to own the franchises myself and rent from my friend. Owning half a dozen 7-11s should generate a decent monthly income?

yeah, if you can find good locations and can negotiate a contract to keep others x meteres from yours.

pizza company is very large, of course it will take much more than a 711 or a coffee world.

there is also the ethical dilemma of running a restaurant which produces disgusting food.

Hey, you just have to sell the stuff, not eat it! :o

i think your friend can just rent the space to 711 instead of opening his own if he wanted and get a % of the profits!

That cuts me out of it doesn't it?

I'd like to own the franchises myself and rent from my friend. Owning half a dozen 7-11s should generate a decent monthly income?

yeah, if you can find good locations and can negotiate a contract to keep others x meteres from yours.

The locations I still have to scout out on foot. I know they're all close to stations, just don't know if they're set back from the main roads or not.

My understanding is that you can't prevent other 7-11s opening. If the main company does a traffic analysis and believes it can support another store, they'll let another store open.

Anyone know if this is correct?

• 1 month later...