BANGKOK
phetphet

Prepaid to postpaid. Advantages? Disadvantages?

If you use it mainly for email you should consider staying on PAYG and getting one of the 1 yr data plans they run at 600 baht/6months 1200/1yr for unlimited 1/yr and price goes up if you want 2, 4 or 6mbps, all very good value.

I personally paid 1200 baht for 1 yr unlimted 4mbps but it was with True.

I have prepaid AIS for calls and SMS only as I use my lap top with ToT fiber (which I prefer to other ISPs) for internet and etc and I have to top up AIS regularly to keep my telephone number valid...which is annoying as I always have a surplus of 6 - 700thb as I don't make many calls...would it be better to get a cheap postpaid AIS data package to keep my phone number valid and like pay once a year?...

Edited by tutsiwarrior
  • Like 1

Depends how much you use your phone ........ My contract was costing over 400 baht a month but i only make about 10-20 calls a month, so ditched it and returned to my PAYG sim .... spend about 50 baht a month. At home (where i mainly am) have internet package for computer and TV, so can get WIFI access to internet there on the phone. Only thing i miss is no internet while waiting for daughter outside school - about 15 minutes a day!

• Like 2

On 1/22/2019 at 4:45 PM, cnx355 said:

What about horror story of kids or other member of the family using the phone and receiving those horrible  20,000 THB ++ bills ….. And if you loose you phone , someone can make  many overseas call before your report he phone loss or stolen ?

Can you limit the total monthly amount to be billed each month ?

Most Phones now need a pin or fingerprint to unlock, you don't have anything to worry about unless you disable those 

I went to ask about changing to postpaid internet yesterday. thinking it would be better/cheaper. It's not. Prepaid 30 day 300 bht 1mbps speed is the go to plan for me.

Also service ladies still quite disinterested to help. Working for monopoly companies is fantastic. Do a bad job. No problem.

Also had to recover 700 baht sneaky fees. Keep an eye on your usage history in app. You're most likely being charged for services not requested.

I'm a light user, but just find the postpaid option easier. I switched over about five years ago, all they wanted was my passport.

I'm on the AIS 4G Max Speed Non-Stop package, the cheapest at Bht299, gives me 100 mins plus 1Gb 4G/3G unlimited after that 128Kbps. Usually the bill with a few sms (not in the voice package) is about Bht340 per month.

Additionally I have a data SIM package for my Huawei MiFi, my Internet backup, the AIS Buffet Net Plus Bht450 package I have gives me unlimited Internet at a max speed of 2Mbps.

• Like 1