Family paid 200 baht after their son, 7, threw gasoline over neighbor's kid aged 4

webfact

Family paid 200 baht after their son, 7, threw gasoline over neighbor's kid aged 4

5pm.jpg

Picture: Sanook

Sanook reported on an alarming case of a four year old boy who nearly died after being covered in burning gasoline by a seven year old neighbor. 

The mother of the four year old has gone to the Paveena Hongsakul Foundation for justice. Paveena has promised action in the "shocking" case. 

The boy - named only as "Neung" had been left in the care of a grandparent in Sa Kaew sub-district of Kamphaengphet in Thailand's central north. 

But while the grandparent, aged 58, was out at work nearby the four year old was playing with a neighbor aged seven. The older boy lit some gasoline in a soda bottle then threw it over the younger child. 

He managed to extinguish the flames by jumping into some water. But he needed to be hospitalized for 24 days.

The incident happened in October. 

The mother - named as Sirima, 27 - said the first she heard about it was when she went to visit her son at New Year. The grandparent had not mentioned it. 

She took the child back into her own care. She has a new husband now. 

She said that the parents of the other boy had refused to properly accept responsibility for what their son had done and did not visit him in hospital. All they did was pay 200 baht. 

Paveena said the case was shocking especially in that it involved such young children. 

She is now in contact with police and local authorities and compensation is being discussed. Child welfare is also on board in the case. 

The foundation has paid some money to the parent of the injured child, Paveena said. 

Thaivisa notes that her foundation is often the last resort of cases involving women and children where local authorities and police fail to take appropriate action. 

Source: Sanook

thai+visa_news.jpg

-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2019-01-22

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

unbelievable, the whole incident, leaving the child to play with a 7 year old, the 7 year old having access to petrol and some sort of a lighter, the grand parents not telling the mother, the police not taking action, 200 baht being given if your poor your poor, but 200 baht is taking the p**s

Since this is Thailand after all that paltry sum given to Lads family was most likely negotiated by the Police and of course they got their cut for doing that. The outright stupidity by all those involved in this incident should not come as a real surprise to Expats who have lived in Thailand for a number of years.

Sent from my CMR-AL19 using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

So ...let me get that straight: the mother of the 4 year old, left the kid with her parents!?

The grandparents of the 4 year old, left the kid alone to go to work...nearby...?!

A stupid 7 year old throws burning gasoline over the 4 year old?!

...and now the mother seeks justice, from the parents f the 7 year old?!

Did I get that right so far?

If I were the judge, I would sentence the mother, her parents and the parents of the 7 year old to some severe hits on the head!

All of them need to get a lesson in parenting and taking responsibility!

Jesus Christ, this country is unbelievable!

1 hour ago, webfact said:

The mother - named as Sirima, 27 - said the first she heard about it was when she went to visit her son at New Year. The grandparent had not mentioned it. 

A very attentive mother, very caring ! Dumps the kid on grandparents to raise. Presumably, no contact at all between October and New Years, not a single phone call, not even to report such a tragic event?

Yet I would guess that they all have mobile phones.

Okay, I'll cut some slack here. Maybe there was contact but the grandparents didn't fess up to the burning of the child.

2 hours ago, mok199 said:

Parenting is something many need to take more seriously...

Thai also should learn how to parent since they have never ever seen a good example of it. No matter how much money they have. just dump the kid at grandma and leave...And grandma might dump the kid elsewhere if it's noisy or nasty.

3 hours ago, lipflipper said:

Since this is Thailand after all that paltry sum given to Lads family was most likely negotiated by the Police and of course they got their cut for doing that. The outright stupidity by all those involved in this incident should not come as a real surprise to Expats who have lived in Thailand for a number of years.

Sent from my CMR-AL19 using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

What cut of the Bht 200 do you think the Police took.

1 hour ago, anterian said:

What is typical here is the absence of males, grandmother but no grandfather, mother but no father. I know dozens of kids like this.

know dozens of kids like this

How many dozens? let's not exaggerate 3/4 dozens?  So you are at least a school principal in Thailand ...

Am I stupid.  Sometimes I forget that what I read is on ThaiVisa where not to say as much harm as possible about this country is not fashionable.

4 hours ago, webfact said:

But while the grandparent, aged 58, was out at work nearby the four year old was playing with a neighbor aged seven

So the grandmother in fact wasn't taking care of the boy. The boy should be with his parents. Where is the father? Where is the mother? I probably don't want to know the answers to those questions.

13 minutes ago, Tchooptip said:

know dozens of kids like this

How many dozens? let's not exaggerate 3/4 dozens?  So you are at least a school principal in Thailand ...

Am I stupid.  Sometimes I forget that what I read is on ThaiVisa where not to say as much harm as possible about this country is not fashionable.

Go to a random village in the north east. It's really not that hard to find.

Obviously 200 Bhat was immediately spent so mother not informed and now mother scents a payout she can get her hands on. The only saving grace is that the individuals involved are severely uneducated which allows controlling influences to easily manipulate them for their own gain. The biggest problem is that no one is in the least surprised things like this can happen. T.I.T.

Ken.

Archived