Family paid 200 baht after their son, 7, threw gasoline over neighbor's kid aged 4

webfact

Tragic, just tragic. This incident speaks volumes about the things that happen on a daily basis the general public never knows about until it is reported. Recently in America a two young girls were arrested for killing their mother. Where do we go from here?

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 hours ago, bkkgriz said:

Go to a random village in the north east. It's really not that hard to find.

Totally agree, i'm surprised this comes as a shock to so many people on here, the fact that parents dump their kids with whoevers available while they go off and continue there lifes as normal, it's nothing new...

This situation is very very common in rural thailand.

11 hours ago, anterian said:

What is typical here is the absence of males, grandmother but no grandfather, mother but no father. I know dozens of kids like this.

Honestly, more times than not, it makes no difference if a male is around or not. They too aren't exactly role models and most of them are as brain dead as a chicken. Seriously. Look around. 

I feel really sorry for this little kid. Judging by the photos, I'd say he's scared for life, a mother who b*ggered off and left him with grandmother to take care of him while she as out looking for a new husband, granny didn't give a <deleted> either as she went out and left him, a 4 year old, unsupervised at home.

All the cards are stacked against him growing up "normal". 

Some people just never get a chance. 

Parents around, no parents around, children will be children! How many of us did stupid things as children, when our parents were out of sight? As children we are inquisitive and experiment with all sorts of things. I was brought up in a middle class family by both of my parents, but still got into mischief and dangerous situations. Sadly these 2 youngsters and their families have learned a salutary lesson which will haunt them all their lives, but it could happen in any country in the world! There, but for the grace of God, go you or I, so please don't be so quick to condemn!

Sent from my X98 Plus II (C2D6) using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

23 hours ago, mok199 said:

Parenting is something many need to take more seriously...

Ah ! Mai Pen Rai, Mai Pen Rai !!! 

23 hours ago, steve187 said:

unbelievable, the whole incident, leaving the child to play with a 7 year old, the 7 year old having access to petrol and some sort of a lighter, the grand parents not telling the mother, the police not taking action, 200 baht being given if your poor your poor, but 200 baht is taking the p**s

Ah Mai Pen Rai, Mai Pen Rai !!! 

17 hours ago, xtrnuno41 said:

Ah well what is new. THere are mothers who just forget their child and leave it in the car to die, several cases in USA. BUt not only in USA. Kids do stupid things and this is one of those  things, not all neglection by parents.

I remember me being very young once, stealing matches to start a fire in a basement with a friend. Happily we didnt succeed, but how come i ever had the idea with my friend? Guess many kids (what did you do once?) at one point try to do something (or more) stupid. 

My oldest son (then 5 or so) played outside with a friend and found some berries, which they decided to eat. Well they told it somehow, amazing, and then we had to go to hospital.

You never know what are youngsters doing some time some how and has nothing to do with neglection but the own thinking ways of youngsters. 

This one is very sad, as there will be many surgeries to get it some right. 

Once met a guy, his FATHER was stupid and tried to make the bbq work with a bottle of flammable liquid, it caught fire,in panic he threw it away and exploded over his son. Many fire wounds all over his body and many operations.

It's just one stupid moment in time, which can change your life.   

There is always one...:coffee1:

23 hours ago, LoS itaint said:
On 1/22/2019 at 10:02 AM, mok199 said:
Parenting is something many need to take more seriously...
[/quote
Thais leaving their children to be raised by their grand parents is their idea of parenting. There is a generation of young Thais who’s heads are completely messed up because of it

Sent from my iPhone using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

More than a generation, it's still goes on everywhere. Personally I don't think it is wrong if the grandparents are responsible, at home, etc. And the parents are in constant contact  by phone/ Skype, whatever. State support apart from school is non existent in Thailand,  so the family takes responsibility. The parents have to work, and hopefully are providing for their children and the grandparents, now and for the future. I know of one family where the great grandparents are taking care of a lovely young fellow because his father was very young when he put it about, the mother also very young has cleared off who knows where, the grandparents are separated with grandmother working far away and grandfather is an alcoholic, so it's down to the great grandparents.

On 1/22/2019 at 4:29 AM, lipflipper said:

Since this is Thailand after all that paltry sum given to Lads family was most likely negotiated by the Police and of course they got their cut for doing that. The outright stupidity by all those involved in this incident should not come as a real surprise to Expats who have lived in Thailand for a number of years.

Sent from my CMR-AL19 using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

this also happens in rape and murder cases sometime, even village chiefs settle sometime thinks like that

On 1/22/2019 at 1:35 PM, wgdanson said:

What cut of the Bht 200 do you think the Police took.

200 baht left after police cut.

On 1/22/2019 at 1:35 PM, wgdanson said:

What cut of the Bht 200 do you think the Police took.

On 1/22/2019 at 4:41 PM, RJRS1301 said:

Geobels had forward thinking ideas like that.

What a dreadful sentiment to make, tragically you probably think that way.

But  letting kids set fire to each other due to  total lack of parenting ( laziness) is "ok" 

"What a dreadful sentiment to say"

Many people dont deserve  kids, they just bang away and  bugger the consequences, then when the "consequence"  arrived its  neglected..............YEAH STERILISE em and the gerbils

On 1/22/2019 at 4:31 PM, JaiLai said:

Totally agree, i'm surprised this comes as a shock to so many people on here, the fact that parents dump their kids with whoevers available while they go off and continue there lifes as normal, it's nothing new...

This situation is very very common in rural thailand.

Ever considered the fact that maybe they dont have the luxury to be a stay home parent? In many cultures it's very normal that the grandparents help with the raising of children and the parents continue work. 
Very short sighted response without knowing all the facts.

Archived