Yet another honest cabby! He returns diamond encrusted Rolex worth 170,000 baht!

webfact

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If she can afford to put 170kTHB in a cab and forget it, then she is very rich or very stupid.

I hope she gave at least 20k minimum to the honest cab driver.

If I was a cab driver getting 50 bahts an hour and finding 170k... well... she would never have seen me.

40 minutes ago, Just Weird said:

Second hand prices in the west are second hand prices.

In Thailand it doesn't work quite the same. If it's been serviced, polished etc to look like new then it won't be much below catalogue price just the same as cars and pick ups.

Edit.

This is a diamond 'encrusted' rolex.

images (68).jpeg

5 minutes ago, notasmartassknowitallfarag said:

Stop putting this nonsense in the news. 

If at all true, just do the right thing and give it back, forget all this PR rubbish. 

yeah! t'was just a PR stunt opportunity for the radio station announcer!

-  to handle a fake diamond Rolex

wonder if she's been watching the News updates, and theories;

realising her man has given her a watch that is not really what it $$eemed 

wait till she confronts him, about embarrssing her, publically, into thinking he really told her how much he really paid for it...

5 hours ago, poohy said:

Hmm 174 000 THB

Got a sneaky feeling Rolex's cost a fair bit more than that!

we should ask that military guy that has a punch of then, since he (bought!!!!) them he should know the real price

5 hours ago, RotBenz8888 said:

Come on...drop a 170,000B watch in a cab ????it just doesn't happen.

You took the words right out of my mouth. Why would she have a 170K Rolex in her bag and not on her wrist - Do most people carry that sort of thing around in a handbag?

This all stinks of some sort of PR Stunt by the radio station at best, and a fast one pulled by the idiots at TAT at the worst.

Complete and utter fabricated incident and story.

Pretty cheap Rolex for a diamond encrusted model... 170,000 bt = 5356 USD

"The most modern iterations of the steel-cased Rolex Submariner are the references 116610 and the less expensive 114060 (no date model). Their retail price is $8,550and $7,500 respectively"

I think someones pulling my leg on this story ???? 

6 hours ago, webfact said:

On the way she was rummaging through her bag and noticed her Rolex was missing and wondered if she had dropped it somewhere. She called her son who said he couldn't find it at home in the condo. 

Her twin son in Songkhla later suggested calling FM 91 radio station.

In the meantime Phuwadon Jindapaneekun, the driver of orange and white cab ทห (Thor Hor) 7785 with Bangkok plates, had gone to fill up with gas at Sathorn Soi 1. 

He noticed the watch on the back seat and handed it in to the radio station.

I don’t know... maybe I’ve become jaded.

i firmly believe that the watch had been tracked down and found to be in the possession of the driver, who then “agreed” to hand it over in a PR stunt, vs go to prison... much like a confession and a wai, will get a thai of the hook in many instances.

6 hours ago, RotBenz8888 said:

Come on...drop a 170,000B watch in a cab ????it just doesn't happen.

Knew this was coming after the arrest of the thai stealing from tourists while swimming some days ago....:coffee1:

Anyway, well done!

This year of ridiculous tall tale taxi storys, with Indians, Iranians ,morrocans austrailians  etc etc , I wondered , how exactly have they been pulling these off..who is involved ,what mastermind has orchestrated this nonsense...

This is just getting to the point of being ludicrous

now they can't even be bothered to calculate the real cost of a rolex, let alone encrusted with diamonds

might bluff a few locals but the rest of the us live in the real world!!

Archived