Yet another honest cabby! He returns diamond encrusted Rolex worth 170,000 baht!

webfact

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, lvr181 said:

What was the previous 'bad news' that bought about this nice deed? ????

Oh, I am such a sceptic.

I am sure this is in response to a Thai person lurking around hotel swimming pools stealing the room key while the "rich" farangs were having a swim then looting their rooms. Unfortunately for TAT and Thais in general he was caught on CCTV. No getting out of that. So hence the honest cabbie story. 

10 hours ago, webfact said:

Yet another honest cabby!

Shouldn't these stories be 'yet another DISHONEST cabby? with a story about the bad they've done? When you think about it the back story seems to be that most are dishonest...What are they really saying? Is it so bad that you have to look for the honest ones and assume you'll be ripped off in general unless you are fortunate enough/or lucky enough to get an honest cabby

9 hours ago, overherebc said:

Second hand prices in the west are second hand prices.

In Thailand it doesn't work quite the same. If it's been serviced, polished etc to look like new then it won't be much below catalogue price just the same as cars and pick ups.

Edit.

This is a diamond 'encrusted' rolex.

images (68).jpeg

Second hand prices are second hand prices.  The price in the example I gave is the price wherever it's being bought from, right now!  The meaning of "encrusted" is subjective unless you know that the random picture you dug up was a picture of the watch referred to in the OP.

7 hours ago, Benroon said:

As sure as in the next few days someone will start one about leaving Thailand cos the worlds against him or he’s met a thai girl, is she cheating on me blah blah blah 

Was lucky that a Chinese lady wasn't taking a dump in the back of the taxi.

It would have been at eye level.

And would be gone for sure.

Oh, my rucky day ...

12 hours ago, Jimdandy said:

Shouldn't these stories be 'yet another DISHONEST cabby? with a story about the bad they've done? When you think about it the back story seems to be that most are dishonest...What are they really saying? Is it so bad that you have to look for the honest ones and assume you'll be ripped off in general unless you are fortunate enough/or lucky enough to get an honest cabby

Nope, it is all about the face.. If it is honest, the face value will be x100.  The face value vibe would be so strong that it will affect the wallet of the owner and out comes the 5000 baht reward. 

11 hours ago, Just Weird said:

Yes, I know that, what's your point?   The watch referred to in the OP wasn't being bought new from an AD, was it?

I have no point at all.                                                                                                                                                                                          When I saw the picture I thought it's impossible, it must be a fake one, then with the link, I saw it was a second hand, so I understood better, and shared it that's all, nothing to do with your posting it, nothing to with cynism, simply OK this price is logically not for a new one, simple as that:smile:   

21 hours ago, pattayadgw said:

Pretty cheap Rolex for a diamond encrusted model... 170,000 bt = 5356 USD

"The most modern iterations of the steel-cased Rolex Submariner are the references 116610 and the less expensive 114060 (no date model). Their retail price is $8,550and $7,500 respectively"

I think someones pulling my leg on this story ???? 

Who said the watch was a man's model Submariner?  Rolex make many other watches, including smaller less-expensive ladies' models and there is a huge market for secondhand Rolex's!

21 hours ago, RJRS1301 said:

Curiosity got the better of me,

Diamond encrusted watches by Rolex from $71,000 USD to $487,000USD

{Possibly from markets at Silom??

Try using your curiosity to research the prices of used Rolex watches!  The woman wasn't quoting the price of a new watch.

20 hours ago, hotchilli said:

This is just getting to the point of being ludicrous

now they can't even be bothered to calculate the real cost of a rolex, let alone encrusted with diamonds

might bluff a few locals but the rest of the us live in the real world!!

It's very obvious that you do not live in the real world, you exist in the Thaivisa world of ignoring facts and posting nonsense.  I've posted a couple of examples of ladies' diamond Rolex watches that are actually available at less than the value the woman in the OP quoted but don't let facts get in the way of your agenda, eh?

20 hours ago, mickmac said:

As mentioned by several other commentators you would be hard pressed to but a tatty non-diamond encrusted Rolex for 170,000 baht.   

Or...as mentioned by several Thaivisa regulars who choose to ignore reality and real examples for sale right now. 

8 hours ago, balo said:

"diamond" Rolex. Maybe more like a fake rolex . Estimated value 2000 baht. 

..or you could do some research on the prices of ladies' used diamond models.  The woman in the OP did not say that the value she quoted was that of a new watch, she said that was what her watch was worth and it is not an inaccurate figure.

2 minutes ago, overherebc said:

Didn't you post and tell me something about no Chronos24 watches in Bangkok?

Just askin!

No, I did not say that there were no Chronos24 watches in Bangkok!  I said that there are no Chronos24 shops in Bangkok. Chronos24 is a website for online sales!

• 3 weeks later...

Archived