BANGKOK
webfact

Yet another honest cabby! He returns diamond encrusted Rolex worth 170,000 baht!

Perhaps he had seen the identical model on sale on a Sukhhumvit Pavement stall for 1700 THB ! :sorry:

Do the people responsible for this BS Propaganda, think everyone is as gullible as they are?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, lvr181 said:

What was the previous 'bad news' that bought about this nice deed? 🤔

Oh, I am such a sceptic.

I am sure this is in response to a Thai person lurking around hotel swimming pools stealing the room key while the "rich" farangs were having a swim then looting their rooms. Unfortunately for TAT and Thais in general he was caught on CCTV. No getting out of that. So hence the honest cabbie story. 

10 hours ago, webfact said:

Yet another honest cabby!

Shouldn't these stories be 'yet another DISHONEST cabby? with a story about the bad they've done? When you think about it the back story seems to be that most are dishonest...What are they really saying? Is it so bad that you have to look for the honest ones and assume you'll be ripped off in general unless you are fortunate enough/or lucky enough to get an honest cabby

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Dmaxdan said:

I think she was lucky that the cabbie stopped for fuel and spotted the watch first. His next customer may not have been so honest. 

...mr x on a role.

9 hours ago, overherebc said:

Second hand prices in the west are second hand prices.

In Thailand it doesn't work quite the same. If it's been serviced, polished etc to look like new then it won't be much below catalogue price just the same as cars and pick ups.

Edit.

This is a diamond 'encrusted' rolex.

images (68).jpeg

Second hand prices are second hand prices.  The price in the example I gave is the price wherever it's being bought from, right now!  The meaning of "encrusted" is subjective unless you know that the random picture you dug up was a picture of the watch referred to in the OP.

8 hours ago, Tchooptip said:

Reading everything on this page leads to: 

Description

Preowned Ladies Rolex Datejust  

Yes, I know that, what's your point?   The watch referred to in the OP wasn't being bought new from an AD, was it?

7 hours ago, Benroon said:

As sure as in the next few days someone will start one about leaving Thailand cos the worlds against him or he’s met a thai girl, is she cheating on me blah blah blah 

Was lucky that a Chinese lady wasn't taking a dump in the back of the taxi.

It would have been at eye level.

And would be gone for sure.

Oh, my rucky day ...

"diamond" Rolex. Maybe more like a fake rolex . Estimated value 2000 baht. 

What a great story - I am always losing my Rolexes and leaving bags of money around, I wish it was in Thailand as I would always get it back as the Thai people are honest.

12 hours ago, Jimdandy said:

Shouldn't these stories be 'yet another DISHONEST cabby? with a story about the bad they've done? When you think about it the back story seems to be that most are dishonest...What are they really saying? Is it so bad that you have to look for the honest ones and assume you'll be ripped off in general unless you are fortunate enough/or lucky enough to get an honest cabby

Nope, it is all about the face.. If it is honest, the face value will be x100.  The face value vibe would be so strong that it will affect the wallet of the owner and out comes the 5000 baht reward. 

Edited by Bkkthebest
  • Confused 1

19 hours ago, legend49 said:

TAT will go to any measure to attract tourists. Fake news.

Exactly, Thai husband only gives diamonds stud rolex to mistresses, not to wife. 

• Like 1