Chiang Mai man, 71, allegedly kills lover, 26, commits suicide

webfact

Chiang Mai man, 71, allegedly kills lover, 26, commits suicide

By The Nation

police.jpg

FILE photo

A 71-year-old man is believed to have killed his 26-year-old lover, a married woman, before hanging himself in Chiang Mai on Monday, police say.

The bodies of Sompong Chuenjai, 71, and Sasithorn Ruantha, 26, were found in the man's townhouse in Ban Praewa village in Tambon Tonpao, San Kamphaeng district on Monday evening.

The bodies were found after Sasithorn failed to pick up her children at their school as usual, prompting the teacher to call her husband, Samart Kaewson, 30, to pick them up.

Samart said he could not contact his wife over the phone and then learned from his eldest daughter that Sasithorn often visited Sompong at the townhouse.

He had the daughter lead the way to the townhouse. Samart called police after no one inside answered his knock. Police in turn sought help from a rescue unit of a local foundation to break in through the front door.

Police found that Sasithorn was killed from being repeatedly hit in the face with a wooden stick. Sompong was found hanged inside his bedroom. A doctor determined the two had died about five hours earlier.

Police suspect that Sompong called Sasithorn to discuss the love triangle and killed her after the talk did not go the way he wanted.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/detail/breakingnews/30362701

thenation_logo.jpg

-- © Copyright The Nation 2019-01-22

I doubt that love was ever a part of the relationship. Perhaps one was an unwilling object of attention or there was a financial arrangement that had undergone a change in the terms, to put it politely. 

Mentally stable 26 year old married women do not chase after elderly men for "love".  

21 minutes ago, sanemax said:

The 26 year olds eldest daughter knew about the affair and knew where the 71 year old lived and the Husband was unaware of the relationship or where he lived .

This could be a double murder , made to look like a murder /suicide ?

No way ...Thai men don't resort to violence, thay are all good Buddhists :w00t:

5 hours ago, geriatrickid said:

Mentally stable 26 year old married women do not chase after elderly men for "love".  

But they do for their love of money.  As always it is all speculation based on nothing very much.

Maybe the husband gambled away all their money and it was the only way his wife could get money to feed the children?  You see it is easy to just speculate scenarios out of thin air.  In Thailand it is doubtful that the truth will ever be known.  In the meantime the children have lost their mother.

36 minutes ago, dunroaming said:

But they do for their love of money.  As always it is all speculation based on nothing very much.

Maybe the husband gambled away all their money and it was the only way his wife could get money to feed the children?  You see it is easy to just speculate scenarios out of thin air.  In Thailand it is doubtful that the truth will ever be known.  In the meantime the children have lost their mother.

Although your speculation is not based on anything reported , no mention of any gambling.

Its highly unlikely that the 26 year old woman was having an affair with a 71 year old man 

Quite probably a paid for liaison.

Its highly unlikely that a 71 man would murder a 26 old married woman who finished with him  .

Would he even have to physical ability to murder her ?

Its odd that her young daughter knew where he lived .

Sounds to me like husband found out , went round there , caught them in the act and the rest is history 

Although your speculation is not based on anything reported , no mention of any gambling. Its highly unlikely that the 26 year old woman was having an affair with a 71 year old man  Quite probably a paid for liaison.    Its highly unlikely that a 71 man would murder a 26 old married woman who finished with him  .

Sounds to me like husband found out , went round there , caught them in the act and the rest is history 

And your speculation is based on what?

Sent from my SM-G920F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

Although your speculation is not based on anything reported , no mention of any gambling.
Its highly unlikely that the 26 year old woman was having an affair with a 71 year old man 
   Its highly unlikely that a 71 man would murder a 26 old married woman who finished with him  .
Could a 71yr old guy kill a 26yr old woman battering her head in with a lump of wood, course he could!!!

Sent from my SM-G920F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

9 hours ago, sanemax said:

The 26 year olds eldest daughter knew about the affair and knew where the 71 year old lived and the Husband was unaware of the relationship or where he lived .

This could be a double murder , made to look like a murder /suicide ?

So you’re saying the daughter killed them? ????

6 hours ago, sanemax said:

Your comment “physical ability” as it relates to him is highly presumptuous and an insult to us of similar age who are just as fit at 70 (me) as we were at 50. 

But i’ll forgive you this one as your comment may be a reflection of your own health. 

On 1/22/2019 at 10:59 AM, geriatrickid said:

I doubt that love was ever a part of the relationship. Perhaps one was an unwilling object of attention or there was a financial arrangement that had undergone a change in the terms, to put it politely. 

Pity. The best wine comes in old bottles.

(Or so I keep kidding myself!)

Archived