BANGKOK 17 February 2019 04:16
webfact

Video: "Oh Brother" - "hia" truck driver nearly wipes out entire family

Video: "Oh Brother" - "hia" truck driver nearly wipes out entire family

9pm_VI.jpg

Dash cam footage posted on the popular fan page "Hia" on Facebook showed a truck turn into the lane of a woman and her family. 

She just manages to avoid a serious accident as those in the car scream and then offer expletives about the truck driver. 

Thai Rath said that the footage was filmed on December 23rd and that comment from netizens praised the driver of the car and slammed the driver of the truck. 

Thaivisa notes that the "Hia" page - that features many road accidents and near misses - spells the word without the tone mark that means "elder brother" especially someone of Chinese descent. It is often used to indicate a wealthy company owner. 

The comments of the male occupant in the car are "hia" with a tone mark that indicates the word "water monitor" a foul swear word for his opinion of the driver of the truck. 

The "Hia" site is a play on words appropriate for some of the appalling driving shown on Thai roads. 

Source: Thai Rath

thai+visa_news.jpg

-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2019-01-22

So many water monitors think they can drive often when looking at a hand held Samsung one🤔

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

From what I can see, the truck was making a wide turn (not unusual for trucks or buses), but it's pretty obvious to see, so why didn't the car driver slow down when seeing this? Looks like typical bad driving alright, like typical Thai me first mentality, and squeeze threw at mach 1 speed.

• Like 2
  • Confused 3
  • Sad 1

Ha ha ha  one of the women at the end says   " its good ehh  I just "wia-ed" a priest "

I suppose she made merit and thus accident averted thank the Buhdda !!!!.

(or maybe beeped at one of the roadside spirit house as she drove past )

Too busy nattering to watch the road. Same everywhere

• Like 1

Well at least the road was broad enough for the car driver to dodge in time, Lucky-LOL  :w00t:

It looks like the breaks of the car weren't working, at least he horn was.

19 minutes ago, pieeyed said:

I swear constantly when driving here in Thailand. It helps me keep my road rage in check. Not good for the kids to tell your weekend story in school on Monday.

Know what you mean. My kids have learnt a few words they shouldn't, verbal road rage.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1