Airport noise in the Nimman Area

CNX GUY

On 1/23/2019 at 7:46 AM, roo860 said:

I'm near the Convention Centre, for me it's not a drama, never really been one. The upside for me is it's a city airport, and only takes minutes to get there.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

thank you...I've actually been thinking about the convention center area - nice view over there.

when you say it's not a drama, do you mean it's not that bad in this area or, it follows the same flight paths as Niemann, but the noise just doesn't bother you?

appreciate anything you can tell!

On 1/23/2019 at 11:41 AM, Tongjaw said:

Living near an airport anywhere in the world is noisy if your on the flight path. Just look at Heathrow, Gatwick, Baltimore, Washington for instance. 

yes I know and agree. I lived right smack in the middle of JFK and LaGuardia Airport for decades and that's why I'm asking - I don't want to live that way again ????

Most flights departing from CNX on Runway 36 (which is the usual departure runway), pass directly overhead the convention centre at about 2000' above ground level. There is considerable noise and that may bother some, but not others. I live in the area and for me, it really is annoying at just after 6am when flights begin departing. It's a little better if you close the windows in your bedroom. Yes, the views can be nice if you are facing the mountains, but if you are sensitive to noise, you should probably look elsewhere.

Have a look at https://www.flightradar24.com/18.82,98.97/13 and you can watch the tracks and altitude of departing aircraft from CNX.

Archived