British Labour leader Corbyn curves towards new EU referendum option

webfact

1 hour ago, HAKAPALITA said:

Democracy clearly doenst work in the UK  Abbott and Costello are making you the Clowns of Europe. Whats happened to you Dunkirk Spirit. Has your Lineage been watered down to piss.?

On the contrary, what we are witnessing is parliamentary democracy in action (warts and all).

10 minutes ago, HAKAPALITA said:

The Brits dance to the German tune in the EU/Brexit debarcle.All that sacrifice for nothing.They only want the Brits so they can milk em.We wont ever join.

Who won't ever join? Are you Norwegian? Have you a German relative by chance? I don't understand your point? 

1 minute ago, Grouse said:

Who won't ever join? Are you Norwegian? Have you a German relative by chance? I don't understand your point? 

Yes 76 and remember what they did to my Family. So can old Brits.Stay independent is my belief.  Radical Islamics are the next Hitlers but the Do Gooders deny as usual.

4 hours ago, HAKAPALITA said:

Yes 76 and remember what they did to my Family. So can old Brits.Stay independent is my belief.  Radical Islamics are the next Hitlers but the Do Gooders deny as usual.

Thanks!

I understand your position

The Islamic tide is indeed a menace 

Great that you have a sovereign fund!

Keep sending the Christmas tree!

13 minutes ago, Loiner said:

We had the debate before the referendum. The result was to Leave the EU.

You're confusing debate with spin and misinformation. As you confidently predicted in a previous post, leave would easily win in the event of a second vote, so why are you so afraid to put your money where your mouth is? 

2 hours ago, lamyai3 said:

You're confusing debate with spin and misinformation. As you confidently predicted in a previous post, leave would easily win in the event of a second vote, so why are you so afraid to put your money where your mouth is? 

I have no problem with another referendum, as long as the options are:-

1) Accept the eu/may deal

2)  Leave immediately

Leave was not confused about anything.
We don’t need a second referendum, especially not to pander to the wails of a bunch of losing Remainers.
The vote was to Leave the EU, for which the wheels of legislation are already in motion and everyday getting closer to respecting that result.

Sent from my iPhone using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

36 minutes ago, Loiner said:

Leave was not confused about anything.
We don’t need a second referendum, especially not to pander to the wails of a bunch of losing Remainers.
The vote was to Leave the EU, for which the wheels of legislation are already in motion and everyday getting closer to respecting that result.

Sent from my iPhone using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

I wouldn't rely on your last para., as MPs are making it very clear that they are desperately looking for a way out of a no deal brexit on the 29th March.....

25 minutes ago, Grouse said:

you guys are really skilled in making life difficult

I find this Labour debate a bit confused,

not much point in discussing this without a clear view of what a referendum should ask,

remain was mentioned, other questions?

if people in key positions in UK cannot get their act together and do smth sensible

pretty soon I think in practice you would be left with

two options, dust off may-deal and accept it or remain

no-deal is an option - but parliament doesn't fancy that

22 minutes ago, melvinmelvin said:

you guys are really skilled in making life difficult

I find this Labour debate a bit confused,

not much point in discussing this without a clear view of what a referendum should ask,

remain was mentioned, other questions?

if people in key positions in UK cannot get their act together and do smth sensible

pretty soon I think in practice you would be left with

two options, dust off may-deal and accept it or remain

no-deal is an option - but parliament doesn't fancy that

If Parliament cannot agree on terms of withdrawal, then what remains is (the referendum choices of Hard Brexit Vs Remain) Or General Election. Those options should concentrate HB minds on possibly finessing the current deal around backstop. So, 3 pathways.

39 minutes ago, SheungWan said:

If Parliament cannot agree on terms of withdrawal, then what remains is (the referendum choices of Hard Brexit Vs Remain) Or General Election. Those options should concentrate HB minds on possibly finessing the current deal around backstop. So, 3 pathways.

how soon, in what sort of timeframe can you do a referendum?

GE?

ditch TM or convince her to call a GE?

timeframe for this ?

I agree that your 3rd pathway is a possibility, theoretically,

in my view this will not happen unless key figures quite simply force TM to resign

with her out of the way, a menu of possible options surface

3 minutes ago, melvinmelvin said:

how soon, in what sort of timeframe can you do a referendum?

GE?

ditch TM or convince her to call a GE?

timeframe for this ?

I agree that your 3rd pathway is a possibility, theoretically,

in my view this will not happen unless key figures quite simply force TM to resign

with her out of the way, a menu of possible options surface

Referendum requires delay. TM going nowhere right now. She is in the driving seat.

3 minutes ago, SheungWan said:

Referendum requires delay. TM going nowhere right now. She is in the driving seat.

I know she is on the tiller, unfortunately, very, for UK.

But there are always ways and means to force people to resign.

Anyway,

I would not be surprised a sec if this ends up with may-deal being

picked up from the bin, then dusted off and accepted.

1 hour ago, SheungWan said:

Son Harold was the Labour Party supporter.

Harold even tried to become the Labour party candidate in his local constituency, but was rejected for being too working class because the party are "out to court the middle class vote".  Some things never change.

1 hour ago, melvinmelvin said:

I know she is on the tiller, unfortunately, very, for UK.

But there are always ways and means to force people to resign.

Anyway,

I would not be surprised a sec if this ends up with may-deal being

picked up from the bin, then dusted off and accepted.

"I would not be surprised a sec if this ends up with may-deal being

picked up from the bin, then dusted off and accepted."

I would be suprised as this would prove the govt. and MPs to be not only incompetent - but also doing everything in their power to avoid actually leaving the eu - never mind how bad the deal.

Personally, I think this 'option' is already buried.  But it's quite possible that a few tweaks to the deal may give MPs the opportunity they need to pretend that the 'new' deal is actually a 'good' deal.....

14 minutes ago, dick dasterdly said:

"I would not be surprised a sec if this ends up with may-deal being

picked up from the bin, then dusted off and accepted."

I would be suprised as this would prove the govt. and MPs to be not only incompetent - but also doing everything in their power to avoid actually leaving the eu - never mind how bad the deal.

Personally, I think this 'option' is already buried.  But it's quite possible that a few tweaks to the deal may give MPs the opportunity they need to pretend that the 'new' deal is actually a 'good' deal.....

get TM out of the way, UK can maybe have as many tweaks as she likes

there is plenty of time left to redo this deal, plenty

if a serious leadership in UK could make a thought out menu of what it wants

and if TM could be removed, nothing serious will happen with her at the wheel, she  is spent  meat - stale, no clout

dirty cuffs - no integrity,

a menu of options might open

there is a bunch of clever eurocrats in Brussels and a bunch of clever civil servants in the UK that know

this deal in and out, syllable by syllable, and they also know each other by now.

500 pages are peanuts, this is not a very complicated treaty text, and its small

can easily be redone during February, easily.

But the political will must be there, with TM present it isn't.

EU does not move on her request, they are fed up of UK PM,  clout has gone,

and above all, there is no trust anymore. Multilateralism without trust is dead in the water.

Archived