Farang neighbor with a very young teen African transgender

soistalker

11 minutes ago, Greyhat said:

If you're sure he's a nonce, don't listen to the sympathisers. He deserves locking up.

The absolute state of this forum. No wonder expats in Thailand get such a bad rep.

I did not see anyone here say that he did not have to report him or anything like that if he was SURE. What I have seen is people like me saying that he should be SURE the guy is a nonce before acting. 

Nobody here is saying that real abuse and nonce's should not be reported. 

I been on the receiving end of people who jump to conclusions before with a stepdaughter. Its not "fun" so i just advise him to make SURE.

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 minutes ago, Greyhat said:

If you're sure he's a nonce, don't listen to the sympathisers. He deserves locking up.

The absolute state of this forum. No wonder expats in Thailand get such a bad rep.

You mean Paedophile...  The Op has implied such based on an effeminate younger child of a different race / nationality who dresses up as a girl being in the house and some whisky being left over in the mornings... 

The Op has not mentioned that he has heard or seen any evidence of Paedophillia... he is just suspicious because he has seen a transgender African kid and some whisky...   He could be right... equally so he could be way off the mark... The Op needs to be certain before any accusations are made. 

In the States, I could call the police and ask for a wellness check on the child. I'm not reporting any paedophilia; obviously it's not being done in the open. The child is as dark as the night, obviously not mixed. And he is a boy self identifying as a girl with a middle aged white guy. It doesn't sit well with me. It's not that easy to adopt an African transgender. And they don't live here full time, and it is time for children to go back to school. I just dont like this.

12 hours ago, soistalker said:

It's not that easy to adopt an African transgender. And they don't live here full time, and it is time for children to go back to school. I just dont like this.

Then follow your instincts , try to find out more about this "family".  Did you ever try to talk to the farang ?  Maybe you can have a drink with him and try to find out what this is all about. 

If he refuses and acts suspicious , it could be more to the story....

14 hours ago, soistalker said:

I guess I am being too nosy. And a middle aged man with a young transgender teen is normal.

I got some nasty looks from a group of young farang males while walking hand in hand with my British/Thai 11 year old son, be careful before you interfere.

I'd grab a couple cold beers and go over and talk with them.  Then I'd grab a few more cool ones and talk with the next door neighbors, get their impressions.  Sooner or later you will end up with a great block party, if you can afford to buy all the beer.   Or you'll have enough evidence to put the guy away.  Gotta do something in your spare time.

41 minutes ago, soalbundy said:

I got some nasty looks from a group of young farang males while walking hand in hand with my British/Thai 11 year old son, be careful before you interfere.

I can appreciate that thought.  On a couple of visits to Thailand with my sons there were a couple times where people may have gotten the wrong impression. I am almost albino, they can pass for Thai.   I just didn't think about it at the time.  Though most people in the markets were really cool.  I told them in Thai that my kids were half, but didn't speak Thai. 

15 hours ago, Greyhat said:

don't listen to the sympathisers. He deserves locking up.

yes. maybe the Op can pour gasoline on him and set him on fire. 

but only after he gets some video of wrong doing shot through the bedroom window.

if you have genuine concern for the safety of a child there is excellent advice here:

https://www.unicef.org/thailand/what-we-do/child-protection

https://thailand.savethechildren.net/what-we-do/child-protection

https://www.nspcc.org.uk/preventing-abuse/signs-symptoms-effects/what-if-suspect-abuse/

don't let anything stop you from protecting a child.

8 minutes ago, samsensam said:

if you have genuine concern for the safety of a child there is excellent advice here:

https://www.nspcc.org.uk/preventing-abuse/signs-symptoms-effects/what-if-suspect-abuse/

Meanwhile a possibly innocent couple - suicides!  ( - a point someone else has already brought up...) 

Stigma sticks... 

And then there is the payback, angry family payback 

22 hours ago, robblok said:

Better make sure it is as you think it is. He might even have adopted the kid who knows. 

When I was out with my former stepdaughter I was also victim of people who assumed the worst. I can't say its fun. 

My wife's niece 13 years old, stayed for a few days and she loved swimming. We all went to the local hotel pool and my wife dropped us off to go shopping for an hour.

I have never been so relieved as I was when she came back to the pool. The looks and whispers among the expat local wives made me extremely uncomfortable.

4 minutes ago, overherebc said:

My wife's niece 13 years old, stayed for a few days and she loved swimming. We all went to the local hotel pool and my wife dropped us off to go shopping for an hour.

I have never been so relieved as I was when she came back to the pool. The looks and whispers among the expat local wives made me extremely uncomfortable.

I know the feeling that is why i said the guy better be sure about his suspicions. Sure kids need to be protected but at the same time people who are innocent should not get into problems because of nosy others. 

Its tough because if too lax kids could get hurt but if too strict innocent people could get hurt too. 

On ‎1‎/‎22‎/‎2019 at 3:45 PM, soistalker said:

I guess I am being too nosy. And a middle aged man with a young transgender teen is normal.

Ever though they guy could have the kid from a relationship with an African woman?

What is it to you there is a bottle of whiskey on the table?

On ‎1‎/‎23‎/‎2019 at 8:41 AM, samsensam said:

You first need to know if the kid needs protecting, it could be his legal child. Get some proof before you interfere in others peoples life and not just because you THINK it is strange.

On ‎1‎/‎22‎/‎2019 at 5:40 AM, soistalker said:

In the States, I could call the police and ask for a wellness check on the child. I'm not reporting any paedophilia; obviously it's not being done in the open. The child is as dark as the night, obviously not mixed. And he is a boy self identifying as a girl with a middle aged white guy. It doesn't sit well with me. It's not that easy to adopt an African transgender. And they don't live here full time, and it is time for children to go back to school. I just dont like this.

How can you be so certain that the dark skinned youth is transgender? Have you seen some proof?

Have you witnessed any interaction between the middle aged gentleman and the "transgender"?

Could this be a houseboy (hired help)?

I'm certain that we've all seen youth who look much younger than their age. In fact movie producers higher this type to keep them within certain laws.

Maybe the "transgender" does have a relationship with the "middle aged man" but the transgender is of a consenting age.

Posters here have tendered some good advice (and some good laughs). Best you learn more. But I'd skip the camera idea and the ladder.

Tread carefully for the sake of all, you included.

6 hours ago, neeray said:

How can you be so certain that the dark skinned youth is transgender? Have you seen some proof?

:shock1:

6 hours ago, neeray said:

I'm certain that we've all seen youth who look much younger than their age.

you got that right. one time i was in a bar and i said to the bar girl "OMG you are so young, what are you going in here?" she said "it is OK honey i am 45."  that was in Hua Hin. 

Archived