Thai immigration to show leniency to foreigners applying for retirement & marriage extensions

Not sure if this is the correct thread to post but I don’t seem to be able to find the one earlier specific to Kasikorn Bank so apologies upfront. 

In case it helps anyone I did my first SWIFT transfer to them on Friday, arrived in my KK account this morning and shows code TFN 05027 International Code so ticks the boxes for me and saves me opening a Bangkok Bank account. 

In addition I noted there is a Statement request facility on the App which sent a statement to my email in seconds confirming this so all in all I’m happy with this as a way forward. 

Clearly the downside is the cost of using SWIFT which my banks charge £25 for. The rate I received was identical to that of Transferwise at time of sending so I appreciate £25/month is expensive for many to lose. 

fusion58  question
Why do not you have a Thai bank account?
If you made regular transfers from abroad to your wife's account 

It is good for you 
I think that you have to have a statement taken from the bookbank certified  of your wife by her bank who can certify that you have injected the financial support of your income up to 65 000 baht provided by the regulation and the objective thai wife
Ask your US  bank to provide you with a statement of all bank transfers to the account with your spouse's account number and his name (easy to obtain)
Explain to the immigration that you did not know that you had to have an individual Thai account and that you will open it as soon as possible if you have not already done so

From my point of view you will have no problem to renew this year 2019
During your renewal the officer will notify each foreigner that during the next extension (2020) you will have to comply with the new requirements that you will have no trouble respecting according to what you describe
Immigration is not dogs, but affidavit sources of income have never been verified by any embassies and moreover a number of foreigners organized a traffic by borrowing money for 3 months and in the end did not the minimum income required for lack of a certain resource even going so far as to work in the kingdom and put the bahts on their account It is therefore the answer of the immigrant who does not want more of it is small arrangements the business of the certificates not verified allowed thousands of people not to pay the money into their current account Thai ......

Edited by SPREX

11 minutes ago, SPREX said:

If you made regular transfers from abroad to your wife's account 

It is good for you 
I think that you have to have a statement taken from the bookbank certified  of your wife by her bank who can certify that you have injected the financial support of your income up to 65 000 baht provided by the regulation and the objective thai wife
Ask your US  bank to provide you with a statement of all bank transfers to the account with your spouse's account number and his name (easy to obtain)
Explain to the immigration that you did not know that you had to have an individual Thai account and that you will open it as soon as possible if you have not already done so

From my point of view you will have no problem to renew this year 2019

This idea sounds great in theory, and I wish it were true, but there's no evidence that such proof of funds would be accepted by TI. That is to say, there's no reference in the latest police order to the option you described, and I've heard no testimony from other farangs who've tried and succeeded with such a strategy.

The stipulation that the Thai bank account must be in my name seems unequivocal based on everything I've read.

image.png.6bea131d75a14101a9ea2e47e30a9a66.png1089271487_incomemodelinjectiontoavoidmultiinternationaltranferswithcommission.JPG.1b4882b8b533bf1501c5d1c782e2876e.JPG

13 hours ago, Kadilo said:

I'm not sure if this is the right thread to post, but I do not seem to be able to find the one that was previously specific to Kasikorn Bank. 

In case that would help someone, I made my first SWIFT transfer on Friday, I arrived on my KK account this morning and post code TFN 05027 International Code, check the boxes for me and register me by opening a Bangkok Bank account. 

In addition, I noticed that there was a request for a statement on the application that sent a statement to my email address in seconds, confirming that, overall, I am happy with this solution. 

Clearly, the disadvantage is the cost of using SWIFT for which my banks charge £ 25. The rate I received was the same as Transferwise at the time of shipment, so I appreciate that £ 25 / month is expensive for many to lose. 

no problem to extract alle tranfer from  oversea 

Organisation to fixe the solution Tracking money from oversea and avoid to many international tranfers with commission 

On 1/24/2019 at 8:01 AM, jinners said:

and where's that? I'll probably be needing it for the 1st time since this dogs breakfast was implemented. PM me

I think you mean ‘PM me PLEASE’. 

Why don’t you PM me if you want to know so badly like the other dozen did?  

14 minutes ago, Mister Fixit said:

Whack me a PM and I’ll send you some info but I’m away until Friday 

Thanks for the reply, I really appreciate it. Where or how do I PM you? I'm new to thaivisa. Can I give you an email or number here?

On 1/22/2019 at 3:45 PM, keithet said:

Unlike the official police report this statement doesn't mention that the funds have to be from a foreign source. Will they be lenient with that too? 

So here will come all the transfer wise people with their questions.  

They don't have to be from a foreign source. Bank the money, get the visa.

2 hours ago, Bears said:

Thanks for the reply, I really appreciate it. Where or how do I PM you? I'm new to thaivisa. Can I give you an email or number here?

Click on the members name and you will see an envelope which is the PM (personal message) option. As I said on the other thread you need an agent.

3 minutes ago, jimn said:

Click on the members name and you will see an envelope which is the PM (personal message) option. As I said on the other thread you need an agent.

Thanks, got it. And would be nice to find an agent in the CM area.

• 2 weeks later...

I just made my first 65K FTT transfer to Bangkok Bank account.  When I need to apply for extension (June this year), I will have made 5 monthly transfers.  Think TI at CW will consider that enough to be "lenient" this first year???

5 minutes ago, JTXR said:

I just made my first 65K FTT transfer to Bangkok Bank account.  When I need to apply for extension (June this year), I will have made 5 monthly transfers.  Think TI at CW will consider that enough to be "lenient" this first year???

That will be enough.

4 hours ago, KhunFred said:

Details in a private message would be appreciated. Many people I know are nearly desperate.

If you are going to use an agent in Pattaya do it quick. I heard this morning that following a meeting between agents and Jontien immigration yesterday, that they will offer the service up until 22nd February and after that it stops unless a work arround is found. This is only hearsay but from a reliable source.

1 minute ago, jimn said:

If you are going to use an agent in Pattaya do it quick. I heard this morning that following a meeting between agents and Jontien immigration yesterday, that they will offer the service up until 22nd February and after that it stops unless a work arround is found. This is only hearsay but from a reliable source.

This might be true for some agents, that would tie in with 'hearsay' I heard too. When you say 'the service' could you remind us what service specifically? I don't see agents just stopping generally, they are well established. 

Interesting times.

33 minutes ago, jacko45k said:

This might be true for some agents, that would tie in with 'hearsay' I heard too. When you say 'the service' could you remind us what service specifically? I don't see agents just stopping generally, they are well established. 

Interesting times.

Personally I have never used an agent to get my extension. However I have heard of 2 that have been used by acquaintances of mine. One at 12,900 and the other 13,000 baht. One them you just hand your passport to and then just have to turn up at immigration to collect passport and have your photo taken. The other one takes you to your bank to deposit and then withdraw the 800,000 and to get the bank letter, followed by a visit to immigration for the photo. The reason I said the 22nd February was its the last date they will be able to do this before the new rules kick in on March 1st.

• Thanks 1