BANGKOK 20 February 2019 12:17
webfact

Thai immigration to show leniency to foreigners applying for retirement & marriage extensions

On 1/22/2019 at 3:22 PM, Mister Fixit said:

12,900 if you know where to go ...

Details in a private message would be appreciated. Many people I know are nearly desperate.

I just made my first 65K FTT transfer to Bangkok Bank account.  When I need to apply for extension (June this year), I will have made 5 monthly transfers.  Think TI at CW will consider that enough to be "lenient" this first year???

5 minutes ago, JTXR said:

I just made my first 65K FTT transfer to Bangkok Bank account.  When I need to apply for extension (June this year), I will have made 5 monthly transfers.  Think TI at CW will consider that enough to be "lenient" this first year???

That will be enough.

2 hours ago, KhunFred said:

Details in a private message would be appreciated. Many people I know are nearly desperate.

post #342

3 hours ago, KhunFred said:

Updated information here:

4 hours ago, KhunFred said:

If you are going to use an agent in Pattaya do it quick. I heard this morning that following a meeting between agents and Jontien immigration yesterday, that they will offer the service up until 22nd February and after that it stops unless a work arround is found. This is only hearsay but from a reliable source.

1 minute ago, jimn said:

If you are going to use an agent in Pattaya do it quick. I heard this morning that following a meeting between agents and Jontien immigration yesterday, that they will offer the service up until 22nd February and after that it stops unless a work arround is found. This is only hearsay but from a reliable source.

This might be true for some agents, that would tie in with 'hearsay' I heard too. When you say 'the service' could you remind us what service specifically? I don't see agents just stopping generally, they are well established. 

Interesting times.

33 minutes ago, jacko45k said:

This might be true for some agents, that would tie in with 'hearsay' I heard too. When you say 'the service' could you remind us what service specifically? I don't see agents just stopping generally, they are well established. 

Interesting times.

Personally I have never used an agent to get my extension. However I have heard of 2 that have been used by acquaintances of mine. One at 12,900 and the other 13,000 baht. One them you just hand your passport to and then just have to turn up at immigration to collect passport and have your photo taken. The other one takes you to your bank to deposit and then withdraw the 800,000 and to get the bank letter, followed by a visit to immigration for the photo. The reason I said the 22nd February was its the last date they will be able to do this before the new rules kick in on March 1st.

• Thanks 1