Motorcycle transfer

Djw6

If it's interesting for you, in Chiang Mai you need only the certificate for the buyer.

Bought and transferred a bike last September from another farang, I needed: copies of my passport and green book, my certificate of residence, copies of seller's passport, a power of attorney from the seller, the form signed by seller. The PoA not needed if the seller goes with you.

If it's interesting for you, in Chiang Mai you need only the certificate for the buyer.

Bought and transferred a bike last September from another farang, I needed: copies of my passport and green book, my certificate of residence, copies of seller's passport, a power of attorney from the seller, the form signed by seller. The PoA not needed if the seller goes with you.
Which will probably not be remotely interesting to him as he's not in CM.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

9 hours ago, roo860 said:

Which will probably not be remotely interesting to him as he's not in CM.

but as all government offices in Thailand abide by the same rules, it will be useful and will more than likely apply to Bangkok, this subject has been on here before.

1 hour ago, steve187 said:

but as all government offices in Thailand abide by the same rules

????????????????I heard some require more money than others and some don’t require any money at all ,they certainly don’t all abide by the same rules which is why when trying to get something done here generally causes the mass confusion...lol

Spot on!!!

[emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]I heard some require more money than others and some don’t require any money at all ,they certainly don’t all abide by the same rules which is why when trying to get something done here generally causes the mass confusion...lol

1 hour ago, steve187 said:

but as all government offices in Thailand abide by the same rules,

They don't all abide by the same rules...for example in Chonburi  they want certificate of residence from the seller, Yellow book not excepted...maybe work permit is ????

15 hours ago, Djw6 said:

at Nong Chok or Chatuchak

Please let us know if/when you find out if BKK require "certificate of residence" from buyer and seller...I think they will accept a "Yellow book" and most certainly a work permit.

On 1/23/2019 at 8:59 AM, johng said:

Please let us know if/when you find out if BKK require "certificate of residence" from buyer and seller...I think they will accept a "Yellow book" and most certainly a work permit.

I (seller) went to Nong chok Road Traffic Authority with the buyer and his Thai wife. We had the bike, green book, passports, Thai licences, I had my work permit. They said that was not enough. They said that I had to got the Australian embassy to get my ID notarized ????????????? What a load of xx.

Don't go to Nong chok.

We'll try an agent in Jomtien next week.

You could get a "certificate of residence" from Jomtien immigration if you have a home in Chonburi...
You don't need to go with the buyer to the DLT (department of Land Transportation) to change ownership..if you give them a power of attorney form and all the other documents.

Archived