90,000 meth pills seized on Su-ngai Kolok train by Hua Hin railway police

snoop1130

90,000 meth pills seized on Su-ngai Kolok train by Hua Hin railway police

By The Nation

DSC_5315-copy-800x445.jpg

Railway police in Hua Hin seized 90,900 methamphetamine pills aboard the Bangkok to Su-ngai Kolok train late Monday night.

Acting on a tip-off, police searched the train when it stopped at Hua Hin railway station at midnight.

They found two bags on a rack above the passengers’ seats in the second carriage that had been left with no one claiming ownership.

Police opened the bags and found the drugs inside.

Pol Lt-Colonel Mongkol Prommet, an inspector of the Hua Hin railway police, said on Tuesday that officers had checked footage from security cameras and seen a suspect leaving the train and fleeing when police started their search.

The suspect, who appeared to be around 25 to 30 years old, had bought a ticket from a Bangkok railway station, heading to Nakhon Si Thammarat, Mongkol added.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/detail/breakingnews/30362719

— The Nation 2019-01-22

I wonder why this happens so often:  Cops get a tip about drugs on the train, find the drugs at the Hua Hin station, drug mule already got off the train....

Also, whenever I buy a train ticket I have to show photo ID and they enter my passport number into the ticketing system.  Sounds like it's going to be an easy investigation to find this Pablo Somchai.

On 1/22/2019 at 3:48 AM, observer90210 said:

Good !...make an exemple as nobody wants this shit in Hua Hin (and the related junkies that go with it)...

More wasted time and effort for the "War on Drugs", while those cops could've been taking care of the numerous serious problems Thailand has.

As far as seizing the drugs, it is like bailing out the Titanic using a soup can.

Drugs are and will be freely available everywhere on Earth including prisons.

If there were going to be "related junkies" from this shipment, they will still attain that status just as rapidly with all of the other shipments.

And the major drugs of alcohol and tobacco are easily and legally available in Thailand.

(Some of the Muslim countries are not as hypocritical and ban the drug of alcohol along with the other drugs).

Pointless, but it seems to always gratify a few TVF posters who find comfort in these meaningless events.

Archived