Think Taco Bell Is Spicy? An Even Hotter Version Is Coming to Thailand

snoop1130

Think Taco Bell Is Spicy? An Even Hotter Version Is Coming to Thailand

By Natnicha Chuwiruch

-1x-1.jpg

The chain is already in Japan and if the Thai effort succeeds the company will look to expand elsewhere in the region.

Photographer: Akio Kon/Bloomberg

U.S. fast-food chain Taco Bell Corp. is planning a spiced-up expansion in Thailand as the company grows its global footprint.

The firms expects to open 40 restaurants in Southeast Asia’s second-largest economy by 2023, Liz Williams, the president of its international division, said in an interview. The first is due to open in Bangkok on Jan. 24 and flavors in offerings such as tacos and burritos have been tweaked to suit local tastes.

"What we think is hot and spicy in the U.S. is just starting off in Thailand on the spice scale, so we dialed up the sauces," Williams said in the interview Tuesday in Bangkok. "We’re starting first with Thailand, and then building the business model here and seeing what could translate to neighboring countries."

Full Story: https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2019-01-22/taco-bell-plans-to-open-40-spiced-up-restaurants-in-thailand?srnd=markets-vp

53 minutes ago, observer90210 said:

Tasty surely depending on one's taste buds....but no secret that over spicing food,  is not good for the body and health ! Go slow on all that pickle out there.

On the contrary, capsicum is great for health

The photographs of these Taco Bell plates made me think about a Dutch plate with fries, onions, meats, mushrooms, paprika, cheese and peanutsauce, mayonnaise, red sauce and whatever else can be loaded upon the plate.....

Just what every person needs more gross fast food to pour on obesity.

I bet you think your 40 baht thai food lunch is super healthy

80% carbs (rice) and 20 % protein fried in recycled palm oil msg and sugar.. Good luck with that!

Gimme taco's over that crap anyday

17 hours ago, Nyezhov said:

On the contrary, capsicum is great for health

Test have shown it to great for health and strength training.  Those who eat more spicy are usually stronger (they did tests in China). It has something to do with the capsicum. That said, not sure taco bell is healthy.

1 hour ago, legend49 said:

Just what every person needs more gross fast food to pour on obesity.

???? Come on Debbi! Dont be a downer! haha Just playing...

Im used to eating Thai food and there many days I only eat Thai food. But man sometimes Taco Bell (will be) and a burger will do just fine! Just fine!

Fill your boots!

3 hours ago, rascalman said:

Did they fail to show address? I did not see. I will opt for mild sauce then. Love Taco Bell now where decent Meat loaf, American type? 

Re meatloaf American style, the Food Story outlet on the ground floor of Central Chidlom, in the rear of the Central Market there, has it.

And just across the street in the Mercuryville community mall is the new Taco Bell restaurant -- both right at the BTS Chidlom Station.

Does anyone actually think Taco Bell is spicy???

On 1/22/2019 at 6:46 AM, observer90210 said:

Tasty surely depending on one's taste buds....but no secret that over spicing food,  is not good for the body and health ! Go slow on all that pickle out there.

On the contrary. 

There's a study that shows otherwise.

It's only one study, but...

Thailand never quite gets fast food the way it is in the western countries. That's not necessarily a bad thing either.

For example, Taco Bell in America is ghetto. Very ghetto. Same as KFC. 

No one I know eats there. If you want something resembling mexican food there's a lot of other bad mexican restuarants you'd prefer to eat at before deciding upon Taco Bell. 

15 minutes ago, Time Traveller said:

For example, Taco Bell in America is ghetto. Very ghetto. Same as KFC. 

No one I know eats there.

Gee a ton of us White boys eat there...its a stoner paradise.

KFC...well not so much

Archived