Retirement visa and tm6

Forgive my stupid question please guys.

I'm male 52 UK. Just got my first 1 year non o retirement extension yesterday in wattana. I also bought a multi entry reentry permit that lasts until my visa ends.

I now have non o visa until 17.2 .20

I'm going to Vietnam for 1 week trip early March. 

What do I now write on my tm6 when I return to bkk airport. Qu are....

1.length of stay. ..do I work out the number of days until my visa ends? Which will be about 350 approx days after Vietnam  and write that? 

Or can I write for example 180 days and still get permitted until 17.2.20 on my stamp that they put in the passport. 

2 ...purpose of visit? ?? Can I just write retired? Or do I need write tourism?

3..residence? ??do I write UK ?even though I have no plans to return there in the near future? Or do I write my condo rental in bkk?

Because the Qu below this is asking  my address in bkk....

so for residence do I write UK or bkk?

And if it's bkk.then I need to write bkk to both the residence  and where I'm staying in Thailand question that is  immediately below it.

Thanks

Edited by Nardniles
Spelling

Are you looking at an old TM6 card?

THE most important thing to do is to write your re-entry permit number in the box marked, "Visa No.".

I don't think there is a question on the current TM6 asking for length of stay.

I would choose "Other" for purpose of visit and then write "retired" in occupation.

Having said that, the back of the card is noted "For non Thai residents only" and so because you're living in Thailand, I suspect that you don't need to fill in the questions on the back of the card.

The only address requested on the current TM6 card is your address in Thailand. On the back of the card, you're asked for the city and country of residence, but not your full address.

• Like 1

So where it says visa number I wrote in the ref number of my multi entry readmit permit?????

Really???

So why does it ask for visa number then. .

My 1 year visa extension does have a handwritten ref in the top left of the stamp. ..so I don't need to write that in the visa numbed question?

I really need an old hand retired person to help me please. 

5 hours ago, Nardniles said:

So where it says visa number I wrote in the ref number of my multi entry readmit permit?????

Really???

My 1 year visa extension does have a handwritten ref in the top left of the stamp. ..so I don't need to write that in the visa numbed question?

It seems that most people write their re entry permit number there, but in the end it probably doesn't matter much what you write there (probably writing "re entry" in the field is ok as well), as long as you write anything there (if you leave it emply and the IO doesn't check your passport you might just get a 30 day visa exempt)

6 hours ago, laowai1960 said:

Having said that, the back of the card is noted "For non Thai residents only" and so because you're living in Thailand, I suspect that you don't need to fill in the questions on the back of the card.

If "For non Thai residents only" would be the meaning it would most likely mean that OP would have to complete it (because he is living here), but a tourist would not have to complete it ????

But the english translation is just wrong, they mean "citizen" and not "resident".

So this side is "For non-Thai citizens only" if you translate the Thai headline correctly.

But this is still not 100% clear, i think actually they wanted to say "For people entering Thailand using a non-Thai passport".

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jackdd said:

It seems that most people write their re entry permit number there, but in the end it probably doesn't matter much what you write there

I have been writing the re-entry permit number there ever since I was told to do so by the Imm officer at the airport. So it is what they want, certainly not the Visa number the extension is based upon.

• Like 1

As mentioned already. For visa number put the number written on your reentry permit.

As for length of stay you can write anything. It won't change your admitted until date.  For residence, its just has city, country. I put my home country. For address in Thailand I put my condo address. For purpose of visit I always put tourism. But again not important. These questions are on the "arrival section" of the card. When you return from Vietnam after passing pp control also check your new stamp "admitted until" date..make sure its same as your permission of stay date. Mistakes rare but do happen. 

Edited by DrJack54
Error
  • Like 1

I put my re entry permit number in the section where they ask for visa number. Purpose of visit I put retirement and length of stay I put 90 days. 

Right or wrong this is what I have been writting and have never been questioned about it.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, mlkik said:

I put my re entry permit number in the section where they ask for visa number. Purpose of visit I put retirement and length of stay I put 90 days. 

Right or wrong this is what I have been writting and have never been questioned about it.

Correct, but just to add on that list the one that does matter is the reentry permit number where you correctly pointed out is entered for "visa number" 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Nardniles said:

Really???

You don't have a visa any more.  If you fill in a visa number then chances are it is already expired.  The IO might just tell you to go away and come back with a valid visa if he is unaware you have a re-entry permit.  So you fill in your re-entry permit number which the IO will look for it and use its length of stay until date to stamp as admitted until date on your passport.

16 hours ago, Nardniles said:

You can be sure that those who helped you so far are genuine older people, some much older than you are. ????

Edited by farangx
  • Like 2