Jump to content
BANGKOK 17 February 2019 22:59
afsheen

Is Panhandling as a foreigner legal in Thailand?

Recommended Posts

Lets say you already have enough money for visa , food and you have a place to live in thailand but you cant get a job without education so you panhandle to make money for college savings.

 

Basically asking people outside in a polite and relaxed manner if you can get 10 baht for a water or something. If they dont wanna give 10 baht then you just politely say "thank you" make a wai and then leave

 

Is panhandling as a foreigner legal in Thailand as long as you are not pushy,  and you act calm and polite?

 

Can you get arrested for panhandling?

 

Please only serious answers i just wanna know about the law of this

Edited by afsheen
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

probably all about keeping yourself low key...

 

don't be like those of many developed cities around the world - where they act like they have their own Panhandlers' Union!   i.e. classic case: Sydney (Aust) street corners, and their regular occupants

  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Begging is illegal in Thailand, it doesn't matter if you're calm, polite, relaxed and "not pushy", and you wai after pissing-off everyone that you approach.

 

Good luck in funding your "college" education" (yeah, right) by mooching off others who have actually worked for their money.

Edited by Just Weird
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Begging is illegal in Thailand. The punishment is arrest and deportation. If you cannot afford your airfare to your home country you will be kept in custody at the Immigration Detention Centre until you can.

 

Read this:

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If you are polite, say thank you and wai you will be fine

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, blackcab said:

Begging is illegal in Thailand. The punishment is arrest and deportation. If you cannot afford your airfare to your home country you will be kept in custody at the Immigration Detention Centre until you can.

 

Read this:

 

 

So with your comment ( I don’t read links) it’s totally fine to beg in the detention center to raise money for your trip back home! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Just Weird said:

Begging is illegal in Thailand, it doesn't matter if you're calm, polite, relaxed and "not pushy", and you wai after pissing-off everyone that you approach.

 

Good luck in funding your "college" education" (yeah, right) by mooching off others who have actually worked for their money.

You could have just said its illegal. No need to be rude and aggresive like a typical westerner

  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
53 minutes ago, afsheen said:

No need to be rude and aggresive like a typical westerner

Sounds a bit racist.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

CLOSED.

 

Discussion of illegal activity is prohibited.

 


2) You will not use ThaiVisa.com to post any material which is knowingly or can be reasonably construed as false, inaccurate, invasive of a person's privacy, or otherwise in violation of any law.
 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...