Prayut open to joining a ‘selfless, hardworking’ political party

webfact

By KAS CHANWANPEN 
THE NATION

866d6fa2d857ca3bb38b1671f8c77a30.jpeg

Prayut Chan-o-cha

JUNTA LEADER General Prayut Chan-o-cha has not ruled out the possibility of returning to politics after an election and said he might join a hard-working and selfless party amid political uncertainty and widespread criticism that the junta is trying to put off an election.

Prayut said he was waiting to see if any parties would invite him to be their candidate for premier. He said he would consider their proposals.

“If I need to continue my work, I’ll need to be with some party,” the junta leader said. “However, that party has to be hardworking and dedicated and not trying to undo everything built and achieved [in the past four years].”

Asked if the pro-junta Phalang Pracharat Party is the best option for him, Prayut said he had not been contacted by the party.

Prayut yesterday was unable to provide a clear answer on the election date despite mounting public curiosity and concern. The Royal Decree that would partly determine the date would be published in the Royal Gazette in a couple of days, he said. 

The premier also dismissed the demand of a pro-election group that the government make a clear announcement on the poll, dismissing them as a small group of 200 protesters who are the “same old faces”. He urged the public not to give them attention.

It is believed that the election would be postponed by one month to March 24 instead of the previously planned February 24. But the date cannot be finalised until the Royal Decree on the poll is published in the Royal Gazette and the Election Commission formally calls an election and determines the date.

Prayut said that even after the Royal Decree is issued, the government would continue working as usual.

There has been criticism over some Cabinet members becoming members of the pro-junta Phalang Pracharat Party and refusing to give up their current posts. Prayut insisted yesterday that the government and its members still had to do their job.

Prayut asked critics not to view as unfair the ministers’ meetings with voters during the mobile Cabinet sessions in different provinces in what is perceived as an attempt to steal a march over other politicians contesting in the upcoming election. The government only works for the public interest, he said. 

The junta leader yesterday stressed that the coup-installed government had made a substantial contribution to the country.

“Please don’t say that the government didn’t do anything. Just see the report for this year. It is this thick,” Prayut said, indicating an inch with his fingers.

The junta chief also warned politicians to consider whether the policies they were campaigning on were feasible, because of the strict rules and regulations on the budget and expenditure.

“You keep on talking but I’m not sure if you can really do it,” Prayut said. “The National Anti-Corruption Commission has lengthy regulations about this, too. If you get sued, [bear in mind] that everything follows the law.”

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/detail/politics/30362749

thenation_logo.jpg

-- © Copyright The Nation 2019-01-23

"...Prayut open to joining a ‘selfless, hardworking’ political party..."

Hey Nation!

Why are you printing nonsense like this? Is there any doubt that Prayut will run in the next election? For the party that his minions set up to see him return to power? After creating a 'new' political system designed to help him and hurt his opponents? After systematically persecuting his political foes while giving a free pass to his political friends? After spending millions and millions of taxpayer's Baht for "mobile cabinet meetings" which are really campaign events? After amassing hundreds of millions of Baht "donations" at the swanky dinner? After proclaiming himself a politician? Etc? Etc? Etc?

Nation, you have run numerous editorials stating that he and his 'government' have done a lousy job and should not continue in power, yet you continue to publish this kind of nonsense.

Nation, every time you print Junta propaganda like this, you lose a bit more credibility; soon you'll have none to draw on...

Nation, respectfully, you all need to have a looooooong look in the mirror; you can't editorialize against the Junta continuing in power while printing their propaganda. It is time to grow a back bone...

I am sure we are all wishing and praying and making every conceivable 'merit' and sacrifice so that this great leader will continue his devastatingly impressive work for at least another four years.

I am sure he will ! Aren't we (and the Thais) so, so lucky?!!! Makes me want to celebrate (oh, the result of the election is in, by the way: Prayut won!).

23 minutes ago, Eligius said:

I am sure we are all wishing and praying and making every conceivable 'merit' and sacrifice so that this great leader will continue his devastatingly impressive work for at least another four years.

I am sure he will ! Aren't we (and the Thais) so, so lucky?!!! Makes me want to celebrate (oh, the result of the election is in, by the way: Prayut won!).

Oh!Well said!

He de man..

It is best to stop badgering him because he is busy fixing the problem that Bangkok is now the numbah neung smog infested hellhole in the world.

Whilst Chang Mai (aka Potemkin village) is merely numbah 6.

Ssshh..leave him be..

3 hours ago, webfact said:

Even in Thailand…it will be hard for the reformed, born-again general politician to find a political party that matches his own level of shameless ambition, toxic narcissism and self-righteous hypocrisy. What an absolute ass.

29 minutes ago, PatOngo said:

What is the meaning of this? Can someone please translate!

I get your sarcasm (no answer required). But I want to answer this regardless.

By stating "selfless, hardworking" he is attempting to convey to the masses that he has been a selfless leader in his duties representing the people.

And hardworking while at the trough doing his duties.

Merely a sneaky form of braggadocio.

I am great and selfless.  The junta usurping power is great.  We did all kinds  of great things mentioned in this stack of paper of which not one thing comes to mind now. 

He has to point to some report he generated to show how his coup has helped Thailand.  Completely imbicilic showing has done nothing in four years but hand out money and just talked non stop.

Good to see that Prayuth has at last found a better writer for his joke book. If he was to find himself amongst selfless, hardworking politicians, he'd think he'd been time-capsuled onto another planet before running for the hills . . . shouting 'Help me someone - aliens are threatening my beloved nation.'

555, Samui Bodoh you know why the media love to print Prayuth's remarks- they're always going to get a reaction and reader interest. Whether the response is admiration or disdain doesn't matter.

He seems to be getting flustered that Pheua Thai are still ahead.

Better get used to it Uncle Tu, that's not gonna change. 

Poor PM Prayut!!!! No one has invited him to their Party!

No wonder he has put off the election! So disrespectful for no one to invite him to run, after he has been managing the country these last four years. A real slap in the face, if you think about it. Honestly, quite unheard of.

And what is this about China cozying up to the Shinawatras? Giving Yingluck that plush job running a failing port in South China. Did her family buy the position for her, or is China throwing some support behind the exiled opposition?

A very tough month for PM Prayut and the junta!

Hopefully all things will settle after a successful coronation, and a peaceful Songkhran.

Prayut said that even after the Royal Decree is issued, the government would continue working as usual.

Jeez, that's a relief . . . I was starting to fear that things could be getting worse. And then Prayuth lets his secret out the bag:

“If I need to continue my work, I’ll need to be with some party,”

And there was silly old me, thinking he was going to save Thailand - and the Planet - from democratic doom, all on his own, plus the occasional flashing of his 44-Magnum, of course . . . he'll be needing that.

4 hours ago, webfact said:

The junta leader yesterday stressed that the coup-installed government had made a substantial contribution to the country.

That's for certain . . . near the top of Transparency International's Corruption Perception Index, in which 'top' means worst, and near the bottom of the International Educational performance ratings, not to mention the country's poverty gap that is growing by the day, as the fat cats continue to fill their pockets before a REAL government takes over.

Having just posted on the subject of Facebook and elections I find here an instant example. The removal of fake news is impossible if a newspaper automatically prints what leaders announce despite the fact that it can be, and often is, misleading and false. Well into the second page there isn't a post here that accepts a word of what the General has said but The Nation felt obliged not only to print it but not critic it. What hope the truth being heard?

4 hours ago, webfact said:

“You keep on talking but I’m not sure if you can really do it,” Prayut said. “The National Anti-Corruption Commission has lengthy regulations about this, too. If you get sued, [bear in mind] that everything follows the law.”

Proof, if it were ever needed, that this berk simply doesn't have a clue what he's talking about. He opens his mouth and out pours a lot of words that his advisors have been feeding him with for the past week. Like when he gestured with his fingers that the Junta performance report was 1-inch thick, after he'd seen an advisor saying to another that the PM's brain was so thick. Don't worry, boss . . . you can have a well-earned rest, soon.

1 hour ago, Lungstib said:

Having just posted on the subject of Facebook and elections I find here an instant example. The removal of fake news is impossible if a newspaper automatically prints what leaders announce despite the fact that it can be, and often is, misleading and false. Well into the second page there isn't a post here that accepts a word of what the General has said but The Nation felt obliged not only to print it but not critic it. What hope the truth being heard?

For a foreigner? None at all.

Not even heard, let alone understood.

6 hours ago, webfact said:

“If I need to continue my work, I’ll need to be with some party,” the junta leader said.

If you want to continue with your 'work', get elected and show your accountability to the people and for the people to accept you. Don't sneak in without the people's mandate just because you bent the law for an outside PM. 

Archived