Bodies found in Mekong those of Surachai’s aides

webfact

7 hours ago, geriatrickid said:

Anyone with common sense will see this as a politically motivated event. It follows the pattern past extra judicial killings. These people  kept a very low profile and the timing is interesting, coming this close to the election.

Although most rational people will  look at  past politically linked  murders like the Thamasat University  torture and massacre and  suggest military involvement, there are other possibilities such as;

-  A settling of accounts within their  group;

- A standard extra judicial killing by supporters of the current regime, although the supporters may not have official positions. 

- Criminals engaged in illegal logging,  theft of crown resources etc. may have gotten rid of  people who were interfering with their illegal activity.

The redshirts have been quite docile with most leaders silenced or quiet. Perhaps someone thought that they posed a threat.

All I know is that this is a vile and evil act. The guilty parties will most likely never be caught. I truly believe that the  general/prime minister did not order this killing and in the absence of evidence, it is unfair and unreasonable to accuse him.  Whatever,  negative aspects  the man may present, I do believe that he is decent.

As to your last paragraph, I would agree with almost all of it.

1. I don't think the killers will be caught

2. I do not believe the Junta ordered the killing

3. It would, in any event, be wrong to make an accusation without convincing evidence.

4. Where I disagree is your character assessment in your final sentence. By no stretch of the imagination does he deserve the epithet you accord him.

We are left therefore if you and I are right with the question of who did order the murders, and there can only be speculation. I have my own views but as to the details of these, prudence determines that I could not possibly comment.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, DrTuner said:

Pro tip: the concrete must be let set first or it'll still float: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cement_shoes

Naturally in here it would be Thai builders proceeding 10 mins after the pour, so expect floaters.

Besser Brick Syndrome!

image.jpeg.511b97b24cc304bd47fe7be29ac86769.jpeg 

turned out a nasty gap in their logic!

15 hours ago, Lungstib said:

You would have to be a strong believer in coincidence to believe this was not an act carried out as political vengeance. Thai officials have a poor track record regarding 'disappearance' of its opposition and the military is regularly accused of torture. Being in opposition of a Thai military govt is not a position for the feint hearted, hence they hang around a long time unchallenged.

Frightening but true. And just how far will they go? Obviously this is pretty far but the disregard for life on a large scale when protest start is even more frightening.

Human Rights Watch said five opponents of Thailand's monarchy living in Laos have gone missing in the past two years, suggesting other activists in exile were in "serious" danger.

As the majority of the Thais support their monarchy -- including, I would submit, the majority of the red shirts (excluding, of course, their commie leadership cadre) -- these killings may have just been by some Thais tired of seeing their king being disrespected. Who knows...

Fortunately, however, I don't see it as a rallying cry to somehow get a Thai Hugo Chavez elected. Just not enough evidence to get the red shirts stirred up. Of course, when the electorate consists of everyone, emotional vs. thoughtful voting takes place -- and in democracy, the wrong person gets elected (Trump anyone?). Fortunately, I sleep sounder here in Thailand, knowing that the Thais have a form of impeachment to take care of wrongly elected folks.

Human Rights Watch said five opponents of Thailand's monarchy living in Laos have gone missing in the past two years, suggesting other activists in exile were in "serious" danger.
As the majority of the Thais support their monarchy -- including, I would submit, the majority of the red shirts (excluding, of course, their commie leadership cadre) -- these killings may have just been by some Thais tired of seeing their king being disrespected. Who knows...

Fortunately, however, I don't see it as a rallying cry to somehow get a Thai Hugo Chavez elected. Just not enough evidence to get the red shirts stirred up. Of course, when the electorate consists of everyone, emotional vs. thoughtful voting takes place -- and in democracy, the wrong person gets elected (Trump anyone?). Fortunately, I sleep sounder here in Thailand, knowing that the Thais have a form of impeachment to take care of wrongly elected folks.

It’s this kind of sublimely ignorant thinking compounded by hatefulness that might indeed get a Thai version of Hugo Chavez into power.A disgusting post from several points of view.

Sent from my iPhone using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

Archived