BANGKOK 16 February 2019 22:30
moogradod

Buying new Toyota Camry

We have now finally settled near Pattaya and we will need to buy a car. We want a new Toyota Camry Premium. But where to buy it getting good conditions and expertise concerning insurance that goes with it ?

We would like to obtain as well non standard wheel rims and have a (respo. two) dash cam (blackvue 900) installed professionally. Payment is in cash, delivery should be swift. A big showroom would be an asset for we have not finally decided on the color and this cannot be made using a catalogue. We have rented a car so can visit some places in the vicinity quickly.

But where to go ? We would not mind to go even to Bangkok, but we do not want to waste a lenghty trip for nothing, therefore some recommendations would be appreciated very much. Could then check in a hotel and shop around a day or two.

Thank you for any hints.

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, HAKAPALITA said:

Is it here yet.?., it looks nicer in the pics

I have not seen one in the streets yet, but we arrived only yesterday. It should be out since November 29, 2018. The Camry is the only alternative below 2 Mio THB since the all new TEANA is not offered here although I would probably not like the "Tiger Eye" Design in the interior of the Camry, but have to see it in real life. The new Mazda 3 Sedan is nice, but only available late this year and smaller than the Camry.

• Like 1

Far be it for me to tell you what to buy ...

But I am always amazed at seeing these Camry on the road.

They are more $$$ than a Fortuner TRD Sportivo 4WD AT

31K more

• Like 1

At the Dealer in Banglamung (Thaiyont) there was one in Black in the Showroom about a month ago.

Had a look at it when I brought my new Fortuner for the break-in service (1000km).

It's a nice car and i would prefer it over every Fortuner, but the missus want to have the fortuner and they always get what they want 😉

I think the new Dealer in Na Jomtien (Sukhumvit south of Pattaya) will also have one because they have a much bigger and nicer Showroom.

Edited by MoD1977

3 hours ago, canthai55 said:

31K more

No,They start a 1350ish and dont have the Stigma of a Tuna Yob. Most unfair as only a few Bully other road users.

1 hour ago, MoD1977 said:

I think the new Dealer in Na Jomtien (Sukhumvit south of Pattaya) will also have one because they have a much bigger and nicer Showroom.

We live quite nearby. Last year this dealer was not around yet. Will have a look at his showroom, Burning Black is one of the options, hard to judge from pictures if you do not see it just before you.

Sorry but are you sure ? this car is so ugly and Benz are so cheap now, I don't understand why anybody would buy a Camry.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

4 hours ago, canthai55 said:

31K more

For me I am also amazed to see people driving ridiculous fortuners that are as fast as a turtle and that only a farmer would want (I was thinking ?).

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, NaDu said:

Sorry but are you sure ? this car is so ugly and Benz are so cheap now, I don't understand why anybody would buy a Camry.

If you have a good offer (new for nearly 2 MTHB, well I would pay 3 M actually) for a S350 Bluetec I would be happy to buy that one. And you are right: The Camry is not the most beautiful one - but again: What is the alternative ? This last question is meant sincere (opposed to many of my other comments).

Choices are really limited here concerning limousines. And I definitely do not want a Tank. I have rented a Mitsubishi Pajero Sport once.

8 minutes ago, NaDu said:

For me I am also amazed to see people driving ridiculous fortuners that are as fast as a turtle and that only a farmer would want (I was thinking ?).

Exactly ☺️

14 hours ago, NaDu said:

Well stop thinking drive a new 2.8 Tuna you might be surprised how rapid they are. Have just completed a 1,000km run 5 up with all the luggage. No loss of power and returned 6.1 lt for 100km not bad for a tank. 

N/B you might get 5 peeps in a saloon but you certainly wouldn't get all the luggage as well. Horses for Courses.

Edited by fredob43

15 hours ago, NaDu said:

I guess you have never driven in Bangkok in the wet season...

• Like 1