Buying new Toyota Camry

moogradod

16 minutes ago, JAS21 said:

If you can wait ...Bangkok International Motor Show ...starts March 27 ... you will be able to see all ... maybe best deals on VIP Day or last day.

Thanks. This means two more months with our rented car until the show begins and then at least two more until it is delivered. This will be the time when the new Mazda 3 will be released I think. And maybe the next generation Camry announced ????. It will never end then.

If anyone ever sees a Toyota Camry Hybrid 2019 in Metallic Grey at any dealer here in Thailand - please tell me. I have ruled out Red (not suited for a decent limousine but rather for a sports car), White (boring, everyone has it), Silver (even more boring), Brown (may not be resold reasonably), Attitude Black (no comparison to Burning Black, in the garage of our condo building in Switzerland a Maybach was parked with a similar color, I rembered that one today when I spotted the Camry - color-wise that is only of course). That says a lot about its appearance. If you blend out the front then this is a really nice car.

4 hours ago, moogradod said:

We will have to look at the Mazda 3 Sedan 2019 - which might fit my wifes dimensions better - after all this is supposed to be her car.

The new design 2019 Mazda 3 probably won't be for sale in Thailand til mid year or even the end of the year; the sales person i spoke to didn't know, which is not unusual. I am certainly going to wait for it (prefer the hatch, sort of Alfa looking) but you unfortunately cannot wait. The new Skyactiv-X engine may not come til next year so i will have to wait longer! Obviously a different car to the Camry but apparently they have worked hard to make it much quieter inside than the current Mazda3.

12019-Mazda3-1280x652.jpg.afff3ce18f84ddc4cf77e6ac5cf014aa.jpg2019-mazda-mazda-3-placement-1543442662.thumb.jpg.34af9dab6069416858e6c6bc13b2e9b6.jpgNew-Mazda-3-2019-1051378.jpg.4372a8c05a0b1d8ceaa68cab8bc82fc2.jpg

11 hours ago, taichiplanet said:

The new design 2019 Mazda 3 probably won't be for sale in Thailand til mid year or even the end of the year..........The new Skyactiv-X engine may not come til next year so i will have to wait longer!

I wish you good luck with the Mazda. Takes ages between announcement and delivery.

I found out that the Camry has as well a telescopic adjustment of the Steering Wheel. The sales personnel did not mention that. We will go back to the showroom to try if this would help my wife to find a better (as I perceive: safer) seating position. Many Thai are not that tall - it should be possible to find something suitable for her, too.

17 hours ago, frankphuket said:

Camry in attitude black has black interior, have ordered this for our company, not top but the one under top model Hybrid.

Just a thought, if you can go a little more...have a look at the new Volvo XC40, great car in my opinion.

The XC40 is a SUV, although a nice one. Where we did live before, our garage featured a parked XC60. This one is impressive, too. But this time we will want a limousine.

You are right, attitude black has the black interior, but if you have seen the burning black then you are hooked. The color really ressembles very high class finishes like the ones only found in a Rolls, Maybach etc. Really a difference.

And then the adjustment of the seating position: We went back to the dealer and discovered that this is extremely more flexible than it was demonstrated to us on our first visit. My wife may find not only an acceptable, but the optimum seating position.

Conclusion: We will get the burning black even if it comes only with beige interior.

We would want custom rims (the ones found in the Sports model, but in 17" - hope this is available) and colored glass. The latter will require further thought - there are obviously shades, and we do not want the coloration to interfere with the sight at night too much. Maybe a bit more colored in the back is the solution.

And then the insurance. It should come with the car for free. Obvously we canot expect more incentives even if paying upfront. I do not know what is customary here. At least for one year I suppose. Full coverage even for theft, repair at any garage, insurance for any driver older than 30 years. I did a calculation using the tool that is as well advertised on Thaivisa. It then amounts to roughly THB 20K per year. They said it is 28K. Important whe renewing I think. But I want my wife to be the main driver (altough I will probably drive most of the time) and she just made her license recently. She will also own the car and make the contract.

Then the dashcam: I want a Blackvue 900S 2ch. Will have to find a highly reputable specialized shop which can provide this model (original, not chinese copy) and install it without any cables visible. The installation might pose a challenge because this model comes as well with a seperate battery pack which must fit in somewhere (and this is not in the passenger cabin according to my liking and I do not want a cable running to the 12V outlet hanging free floating in the cabin). Any recommendations for a really reliable shop that can do that ?

I am seriously thinking about getting the 2.5 petrol on a 600k deposit. The picture of the red version looks a lot darker than what I have seen in the brochures.  I am hoping that after a few months there might be a few more options with regards to the interior trim, at the moment it only looks as though they have black and beige overseas there is a red option which would look nice with burning black.

4 hours ago, marquess said:

I am seriously thinking about getting the 2.5 petrol on a 600k deposit. The picture of the red version looks a lot darker than what I have seen in the brochures.  I am hoping that after a few months there might be a few more options with regards to the interior trim, at the moment it only looks as though they have black and beige overseas there is a red option which would look nice with burning black.

Burning Black might be only available for the Hybrid Premium I think. I have seen the red interior as well on YouTube, it matches perfectly the Sports Model. As I was not interested in this version I did not evaluate if the red seats are available here. Maybe they are. Just ask.

Archived