Yet another "crackdown" on motorcycle taxis in Pattaya - all sorted by month's end, authorities claim

webfact

Yet another "crackdown" on motorcycle taxis in Pattaya - all sorted by month's end, authorities claim

7pm.jpg

Picture: Sophon Cable

Authorities in Pattaya have claimed that problems of unregistered motorcycle taxis would all be sorted by the end of the month. 

Police, local officials and army men were out in force yesterday enforcing the law. 

This is part of a second drive following measures taken after a meeting in September of last year that promised to reign in the "wins" or motorcycle taxi drivers. 

In South Pattaya yesterday more than 30 riders were checked. Sophon reported a local Bang Lamung official called Phichet Thammahone as saying that riders were found using illegal white plates.

Some were not dressed properly and did not have the required licences. They were fined. 

Sophon reported that the aim was to solve the problem by the end of the month, an often heard claim that jaded posters on their Facebook site dismissed as yet more hot air from the authorities at the resort. 

Source: Sophon Cable

thai+visa_news.jpg

-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2019-01-23

Just now, webfact said:

Some were not dressed properly and did not have the required licences. They were fined. 

And subsequently carried on exactly as before. This happens all the time, with promises it will be fixed and of course it is never fixed. The biggest problem is the exorbitant rates that some of these people want to charge, especially if they think you don't know how much it should be, and I suspect that problem is going to stay with us for a very long time.

A perfect example of why Thailand is suffering from pollution , road carnage ,rampant corruption and  is a nation just plain stuck!!! ..so many feel they above the law, and police selective enforcement...

2 hours ago, darksidedog said:

And subsequently carried on exactly as before. This happens all the time, with promises it will be fixed and of course it is never fixed. The biggest problem is the exorbitant rates that some of these people want to charge, especially if they think you don't know how much it should be, and I suspect that problem is going to stay with us for a very long time.

just how much were they "fined"  ?????

2 hours ago, sammieuk1 said:

One day we may wake up to a story of a crackdown on elite corruption and an election date ????

I take it that meant a crackdown on bogus announcements of election dates?

Then it would be relevant to quote: "an often heard claim that jaded posters on their Facebook site dismissed as yet more hot air from the authorities."

3 hours ago, Peterhua said:

Crooks who ride around thinking they are some kind of big shots of the roads.

Jom Tien, legal Moto-Taxi's  30 baht almost everywhere - catch one on the road, they want 50 baht to go a few blocks, I ride Baht Buses, they run all hours of the day/night.  Can't remember last time I rode a Moto-taxi in Pattaya proper, maybe twenty years??

I also think that motobike taxi's are very handy, never had a problem with them in Pattaya or BKK for that matter. Also handy if you need a sofa or something lifted in to your apt or similar...

Agree a price first, for me it's seldom over 100 baht for my longest journey eg Suk soi 8 to Praram 9 hospital, i think it's quite fair.

They can be vicous animals if they gang up on you though. 

and as to TUK TUKS , can tell its holiday season, at end of my soi, TUK TUK said 200 baht to go into Pattaya, when the rate is 10 baht., which i paid, on the Tuk Tuk behind him. so *my* guy made 180 baht, while the previous guy was parked up on beach road Jomtien with no passengers,, duh !!

12 hours ago, JaiLai said:

I also think that motobike taxi's are very handy, never had a problem with them in Pattaya or BKK for that matter. Also handy if you need a sofa or something lifted in to your apt or similar...

Agree a price first, for me it's seldom over 100 baht for my longest journey eg Suk soi 8 to Praram 9 hospital, i think it's quite fair.

They can be vicous animals if they gang up on you though. 

Where's Sukhumvit Soi 8 and Praram 9 hospital in Pattaya? Care to share a map with us so we all know?

14 hours ago, Mac98 said:

It's 1 a.m. and you have staggered out of Walking Street. The baht buses want 200 baht to go up the hill on Pratamnak. The motorbike taxi wants 60 baht. Bless their sweet hearts.

Why are you going home so early?

Don't use the motor cycle taxi riders any more.

Just a rip off, lazy pissed up riders, now days.

They don't even hide the bottles of beer Chang or lao khao any more.

when drinking at the ranks.

Gone back to using the baht bus with the smelly rude middle aged/old  Russians.  :sick:

Archived