Royal Decree Paves Way For 2019 Election

webfact

4 hours ago, ratcatcher said:

"The election date  must  be  no  earlier  than  45 days  but  no  later  than 60 days  from  the  date  such  royal  decree  comes  into  force."

I agree with your comment Colin, but would PCO dare to go against such a decree?   The decree has been issued by H.M., but does it go into effect immediately i.e. 23 Jan 2019?

Yes. In point 3 it says that this decree takes immediate effect upon publication in the Royal Gazette.

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, Eric Loh said:

For the answer, best ask Prayut whether he got balls of steel. 

Uh-huh . . . scalpel, please nurse.

????????????????

There-there, Uncle Tu … how's that? That steel's so hard, isn't it. Next please . . . and not another monkey.

43 minutes ago, cmsally said:

However, with what looks like a slowing down of the influx of Chinese money, we will have to see what happens to the economy. A need to have the engines in motion so people are earning money in direct opposition to the fear of the majority getting any considerable control of the economy. If things collapse at the top it would mean big trouble.

On the whole people / families seem a lot less self sufficient than years back and that is a worry.

Thailand's populace is no different to those of the US & UK. They are all up to their neck in debt.

6 hours ago, ramr said:

His brand is probably well toxic by now.  Even those who would share his aims and methods recognize that.  Will there be a face-saving arrangement or the classic Thai temper tantrum when face is lost?

Grab some popcorn.

It would seem that an election is unavoidable, 44 is no match for this news unless of course there were to be an outbreak of terrorist activity that would mean polling would to too dangerous? Nothing would surprise me now, least of all a few exploding grenades that could be linked to missing arms from previous peoples uprising. Watch this space.????

12 minutes ago, Trexpat said:

It would seem that an election is unavoidable, 44 is no match for this news unless of course there were to be an outbreak of terrorist activity that would mean polling would to too dangerous? Nothing would surprise me now, least of all a few exploding grenades that could be linked to missing arms from previous peoples uprising. Watch this space.????

... a Smoking Gun?!!  

more likely will get by with Smoking Rice! - pay off the farmers to smoke the country to a standstill

6 hours ago, cmsally said:

OK, so if a royal decree is necessary to announce an actual election date, then how did they announce the previous date that just got cancelled (Feb 24)  ??

You don't really expect a simple and correct answer to that, do you? 

I would suggest that the pm and cohorts wouldn't have a clue, it was simply open mouth before brain function kicks in, don't you know who we are? 

8 hours ago, colinneil said:

Royal decree good, but Prayut and his cronies will keep thinking up any excuse possible to delay, delay, delay the election.

...and if it actually happens, here is the scenario I think will turn out.

"Ladies and Gentlemen after you are all plugged in with your headset enter E-Mail and password..."

Vote%20for%20prayut_zpsionzwyru.png

10 hours ago, Dave67 said:

I have posted this a few times so I won't go into great detail just have a look what happened in the Malaysia election in May 18. The Junta cannot manufacture a win when they are so unpopular

When you're counting the votes, any outcome you want can be manufactured. 

It’s not the people who vote that count. It’s the people who count the votes.” - Joseph Stalin

14 hours ago, colinneil said:

Royal decree good, but Prayut and his cronies will keep thinking up any excuse possible to delay, delay, delay the election.

They dont need to maje up any excuse as the constitution the military put in place lets them appoint the 250 members of the upper house. The vote is for the lower house. https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Senate_of_Thailand

16 hours ago, Eric Loh said:

A tiny step towards democracy and a big step to wipe that smug off Prayut's face. His article 44 is not match for a royal decree. Now he has to declare which political party he will join within a time frame and no more of his self gratifying nonsense about waiting for a party to approach as though he has many suitors. Amen to see his hind leaving office and have the door slammed on him.   

all it will take is another bomb going off at 4am down a side soi to delay the elections another 6 months. 

12 hours ago, tifino said:

yes but at least the UK and US try to pay debts back...

Hehe,
UK; "As of Q1 (the first quarter of) 2018, UK debt amounted to £1.78 trillion, or 86.58% of total GDP, at which time the annual cost of servicing (paying the interest) the public debt amounted to around £48 billion (which is roughly 4% of GDP or 8% of UK government tax income)."
US; "The aggregate, gross amount that Treasury can borrow is limited by the United States debt ceiling. As of December 31, 2018, debt held by the public was $16.1 trillion and intragovernmental holdings were $5.87 trillion, for a total or "National Debt" of $21.97 trillion."
Thailand: "Thailand's External Debt reached 154.2 USD bn in Jun 2018"

12 hours ago, bluesofa said:

As soon as Prayut announces the party he's backing, that's when we'll know.

????????????????  yes, tears by the shed-full at that awful prospect, but there's something else that spoilt my sleep last night, as Prawit's face and form came into focus and this nursery rhyme sounded in the background:
'And this little piggy went "Wee, Wee, Wee" all the way home',
especially now that he's incurred the wrath of dog god.   ????????????????  I'm crying for poor old Porky and I'm sure most other posters will share that sentiment. Let's face it … life simply won't be the same without Porky.

2 minutes ago, Ossy said:
????????????????  yes, tears by the shed-full at that awful prospect, but there's something else that spoilt my sleep last night, as Prawit's face and form came into focus and this nursery rhyme sounded in the background:
'And this little piggy went "Wee, Wee, Wee" all the way home',
especially now that he's incurred the wrath of dog god.   ????????????????  I'm crying for poor old Porky and I'm sure most other posters will share that sentiment. Let's face it … life simply won't be the same without Porky.

Don't fret too much, there'll be another one along in a minute, just like London buses, and full of shit passengers.

Archived