BANGKOK 25 March 2019 06:33
webfact

Royal Decree Paves Way For 2019 Election

7 minutes ago, Eligius said:

Two fairly highly-placed scholars whom I know - one (at Chula) a supporter of the junta, the other an opponent - are both CONFIDENT (have virtually no doubt) that Prayut will still be in power after the 'election'.

I agree with them.

Depends a bit how many votes the pro junta parties get. They need far less then the anti junta parties because of the senators. Still I wonder how it will work governing if you don't have a true majority. 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Eligius said:

Two fairly highly-placed scholars whom I know - one (at Chula) a supporter of the junta, the other an opponent - are both CONFIDENT (have virtually no doubt) that Prayut will still be in power after the 'election'.

I agree with them.

bingo we all just have to see the recent fake polls on how they're going to 'rig' the election. 40-50% combined for the junta gangs and 30-40% for pro democracy parties with 10% going to the snake charmers in the middle. No doubt they will let pheu thai get the the largest share at around 30% to make it look a genuine election. But with the senators in the bag then they will hold power. If it was a free and fair election the pro democracy parties will gain at least 70% combined and win handsomely

the next financial crisis is near, then passive giving up mode, will change into pure anger mode and escalate from there.

viva the revolution

• Like 2

A Royal decree, does that overwrite Article-number-NOT-TO-BE-NAMED ???

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, MaxLee said:

A Royal decree, does that overwrite Article-number-NOT-TO-BE-NAMED ???

For the answer, best ask Prayut whether he got balls of steel. 

4 minutes ago, Eligius said:

I think in Thailand basically ANYTHING GOES. There is no law - no REAL law at all. There is only pretend law - which is invoked when it suits the Powers That Be. It is all mirage, pretence, smoke and mirrors, empty verbiage. If it suits the Powers That Be - absolutely ANY law can be overturned at the drop of a hat (as are entire Constitutions - the HIGHEST 'law' of the land). That is all one needs to know.

Good answer :WPFflags:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, cmsally said:

Unfortunately I think you and your friends might be right.

With the advantages on Prayut’s side and heavy odds stacked against his opponents, he better win or no hole deep enough to hide his face if he lose. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Ossy said:

Yawn - yawn.

Wake me up when (and if) it's all over,

My pooch knows more and he's called Rover.

When the royal decree's  enacted,

(The EC have 5 days in which to fix the date of the country's hastily arranged - i.e. within 5-yrs - election … an extra line, there, knowing the EC's pedantic need for detail)

We'll all go home subtracted, i.e. none the wiser.

Maybe you, the people who read the whole article will know it is between 45 and 60 days from now.

2 minutes ago, Eligius said:

Don't worry, Eric: he will make SURE he 'wins'!

I'd rather say, he'll make sure that he will stay in power indefinitely.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1