Royal Decree Paves Way For 2019 Election

webfact

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, guest879 said:

all it will take is another bomb going off at 4am down a side soi to delay the elections another 6 months. 

Seem the bomb excuses did delayed election promises since 2015 with other notables like discovering arm caches and a funeral. That may be possible as no royal decree has been gazetted. Now that it's gazetted, any incident will be just a security issue and to be dwelt by the security agencies and will not interfere with the election. No precedent of a royal gazette rescinded by any government. The desperate junta may pull off the Suthep's stunt and interrupt polling stations rendering the election null and void. But what the heck, they already rigged the election to their favour. But will they win?

15 hours ago, cauldlad said:

Why all the concern??

The Thais could not give a shit including my wife!!

You know why because their life will not change one iota!!!

I believe that's called "learned helplessness." Not an insult, just an observation.

20 hours ago, sungod said:

Never seen so many farangs get so worked up about an election they cant take part in.

Yeah, I can't for the life of me understand why a group with limited rights/protections and second-class status would care about political developments.

????

On 1/22/2019 at 11:42 PM, ratcatcher said:

"The election date  must  be  no  earlier  than  45 days  but  no  later  than 60 days  from  the  date  such  royal  decree  comes  into  force."

I agree with your comment Colin, but would PCO dare to go against such a decree?   The decree has been issued by H.M., but does it go into effect immediately i.e. 23 Jan 2019?

This seems to be clear but not clear and if there is anyway to delay the election Prayut and his cronies will find a way to delay the election until they feel that they have bought, forced, bamboozled or otherwise manipulated enough voters to win. 

Archived