90 day reporting for beginners

I am finally here in Najomtien with a Thai Elite PE Visa. I still need to do a "90 day reporting". This may be a piece of cake for the most of you but I have never done that. May I therefore ask:

1. When does the 90 day period start ?

2. What is the timeframe in which you have to (and may) report ?

3. The place to report is Jomtien Immigration in my case I suppose

4. Is there any online option for me ?

5. If reporting in person what documentation is needed by Jomtien Immigration ?

6. Do I get a confirmation and must it be kept with your passport (like the TM6) ?

Sorry for these simple questions but I could not find a comprehensive guide for this hopefully simple procedure. I could use an agent for free as a TE member, but I do not want to give my passport out of my hands if not necessary and doing it myself is finally even quicker I hope.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, moogradod said:

1. When does the 90 day period start ?

From day 1 of the 1 year permit to stay.

2. What is the timeframe in which you have to (and may) report ?

Within - 15 days before and 7 days after - day 90.

3. The place to report is Jomtien Immigration in my case I suppose

You need to report at the office covering the area of the address you’re staying at.

4. Is there any online option for me ?

Yes, but probably not for the first report. Once you’ve made the first report - at your local office and are in their system - you should be able to report online. You only have an 8 day window to report online. Between day 15 and 7 before the due date (day 90).

5. If reporting in person what documentation is needed by Jomtien Immigration ?

Unless things have changed Jomtien only want a TM.47 report form completed for the first time you report. After that you just need your last report receipt and passport.

They might want to see the TM.30 report that the owner/house-master or possessor of the property you live at should have made when you moved in. If you own the property, or are a tenant, you might be able to complete that yourself.

6. Do I get a confirmation and must it be kept with your passport (like the TM6) ?

Yes, you do get a receipt. Some offices staple it into the passport. You should keep the receipt as proof that the report was made, but you don’t have to keep it in your passport.

Edited by elviajero
  • Thanks 1

Thanks elviajero. Had a look at the TM.47 in the meantime. Basically it just says: I will be here more than 90 days. Having a Thai Elite Visa I should choose "Tourist" as opposed to non-immigrant O. Absolute no brainer.

43 minutes ago, moogradod said:

Thanks elviajero. Had a look at the TM.47 in the meantime. Basically it just says: I will be here more than 90 days. Having a Thai Elite Visa I should choose "Tourist" as opposed to non-immigrant O. Absolute no brainer.

It’s neither so I would write ‘Privilege Entry’ for the visa type. But I don’t think it really matters.

The purpose of the report is simply to update your address for the next 90 day period.

20 hours ago, moogradod said:

Thanks jacko45k

Looks like I will make my first appearance in person and then try online later. I can ask them if and how I can do that. Thanks again for the clear presentation of what is needed !

You have just paid 500.000 Bt for an Elite visa, and you still have to do 90 reports?

Or maybe I have missed something.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, possum1931 said:

You have just paid 500.000 Bt for an Elite visa, and you still have to do 90 reports?

Everyone staying longer than 90 days has to report. TE members are not exempt. Why should they be.

2 minutes ago, elviajero said:

Everyone staying longer than 90 days has to report. TE members are not exempt. Why should they be.

I just thought that after paying 500.000 Bt for an Elite Visa, it was to give you a hassle free five years, but yes,

I believe you. This is Thailand.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, possum1931 said:

What's the problem, doing a 90 day report.? You have 15 days in which to do it, you can send anybody to do it , you can usually do it online, or you can post it. 

If you can afford 500,000 for an elite visa and most likely has some kind of domestic help who can do or I'm sure he can afford to pay a Visa company BT 1500 a year to do it for him. In most places now you don't have to fill any forms. All you have to do is present your passport with the old 90 day receipt in it and they just write out a new one, it takes a couple of minutes. In Hua Hin . There's an immigration office in the popular BP shopping centre. 90 day report takes a couple of minutes there and no forms to fill in or anything to bring other than your passport.

I really can't understand what all the fuss is about 90 day reporting.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, gamini said:

What's the problem, doing a 90 day report.? You have 15 days in which to do it, you can send anybody to do it , you can usually do it online, or you can post it. 

If you can afford 500,000 for an elite visa and most likely has some kind of domestic help who can do or I'm sure he can afford to pay a Visa company BT 1500 a year to do it for him. In most places now you don't have to fill any forms. All you have to do is present your passport with the old 90 day receipt in it and they just write out a new one, it takes a couple of minutes. In Hua Hin . There's an immigration office in the popular BP shopping centre. 90 day report takes a couple of minutes there and no forms to fill in or anything to bring other than your passport.

I really can't understand what all the fuss is about 90 day reporting.

"I really can't understand what all the fuss is about 90 day reporting". Tell that to the guys who have to travel maybe 60 Ks or more to do their report, what about the IOs who won't accept reports by posts, and how reliable is online reporting?

People being ordered to report to someone else every 90 days is how criminals get treated.

8 hours ago, possum1931 said:

"I really can't understand what all the fuss is about 90 day reporting". Tell that to the guys who have to travel maybe 60 Ks or more to do their report, what about the IOs who won't accept reports by posts, and how reliable is online reporting?

People being ordered to report to someone else every 90 days is how criminals get treated.

And what else more pressing do those, mostly, retired blokes have to do that a simple 30 minutes drive each way is so demanding on their very valuable time? Serious question 

*edit* criminals 5555 gee you blokes really know how to blow things right out of proportion don’t you? <deleted>

Edited by MadMuhammad

extranet.immigration.go.th/fn90online/online/tm47/TM47Action.do

My friend always uses this link for on-line reporting.  He tells me it is imperative to use the drop-down menus & clicking the relevant answers.  I went to Jomtien yesterday; the place was heaving at 2pm.  It took 10 minutes to be seen; there's a very efficient lady.

8 hours ago, MadMuhammad said:

And what else more pressing do those, mostly, retired blokes have to do that a simple 30 minutes drive each way is so demanding on their very valuable time? Serious question 

That isn't the point he made though is it? 

They are being asked to report like someone on parole.

There are some who are retired and quite aged, some who do not have their own vehicles, some who are invalided, and some who have better things to do than waste the whole day on what they see as an unnecessary process.

One is simply reporting their location, something done repetitively if you include TM 30 requirements. Making it 100% coverage online would make things easier.