Thepprasit road traffic red lines

Reginaldo

One of the busiest junctions in Pattay Thappraya Road , Thepprasit Road  has recently had all the red line parking re painted. . I don’t know if anyone else has noticed that the lane from Thepprasit turning left into Thappraya road is almost permanently blocked by local traders cars . consequently traffic filtered turning left is held up. I thought, when I saw the lines being repainted that this busy junction finally going to get a decent run at turning left .  Every day I see increasing amounts of cars and motorcycles blocking  this lane .  Surely it wouldn’t take more than a minute of the police officers time manning the traffic lights on this corner to deal withis problem . Or am I missing something ?

6 hours ago, Reginaldo said:

Every day I see increasing amounts of cars and motorcycles blocking  this lane .  Surely it wouldn’t take more than a minute of the police officers time manning the traffic lights on this corner to deal withis problem . Or am I missing something ?

I can show you at least 100 places in Pattaya where one policeman issuing tickets could probably cover his year's salary in a day's fines. Makes me wonder why on earth they dont just employ more police and issue more tickets.

On 1/23/2019 at 11:06 PM, KittenKong said:

I can show you at least 100 places in Pattaya where one policeman issuing tickets could probably cover his year's salary in a day's fines. Makes me wonder why on earth they dont just employ more police and issue more tickets.

Perhaps they do not want to live in a police state atmosphere?

On 1/23/2019 at 11:06 PM, KittenKong said:

I used to wonder this. I reckon it's because it's safer for the cops to pull over kids or tourists on scooters and fine them for not wearing a helmet or not having an IDP than it is to go after illegally parked cars. The cops can be sure that there's nobody important riding around on a small motorbike, but if they start ticketing or even towing cars then they may get a nasty surprise when one of them belongs to a Phuyai and that's the end of their career aspirations in the police force.

On 1/26/2019 at 5:42 PM, HLover said:

Perhaps they do not want to live in a police state atmosphere?

That's working really well, isn't it?

Personally I like laws and rules, and I like it even more when they are applied. Most of the traffic jams and traffic deaths and accidents in Thailand are caused by people not obeying the law. You see it everywhere.

19 hours ago, Guderian said:

The cops can be sure that there's nobody important riding around on a small motorbike, but if they start ticketing or even towing cars then they may get a nasty surprise when one of them belongs to a Phuyai and that's the end of their career aspirations in the police force.

That's probably so. People in cars are more likely to have gun under their seat also.

Well within 2 days of complaining through this forum on local cars parked on red lines in Thepprasit Road blocking the turn left lane the  problem has almost disappeared. Thai forum clearly has some important people reading this . Frankly I am staggered . Well done to whatever local officer followed up. Of course there’s still going to be the occasional  selfish person but the regulars are definitely now parking further up the Road . I cant wait to have another gripe to air on Thai visa. Brilliant.

Archived