800-THB fine per day for thai wife if late for renewal or 90-day check-in

Hello, I was at the immigration center a few days ago, to do my one-year retirement, first of all I want to mention, more than 10 years of this process and I have never been late for a 90-day, or the one-year renewal. Yet for the entire duration of the process they kept talking about the 'new late fee' and how thai-wife must pay!!

The nice lady kept telling me no longer do I pay THB500 late, now thai-wife pay THB800, she said it was for both 90-day and one-year, she also said that even if I leave the country, that the 90-day is still active, that upon return to thailand I must immediately go to local immigration and report.

In the past when you went out on a 'return-visa', it reset you 90-day check-in, but now it sounds like the 90-day is still valid, unless of course your not return to Thailand ( thus making it impossible to 'check-in').

Can anybody here talk about this new 800THB fine for the woman?? and also is it still 500THB/day for the guy? Also is this really true that you must show-up at the local immigration as soon as you return to Thailand, rather than wait for the 90-day cycle to complete??

I usually go out a few times a year say Japan, Singapore, HK, ... but just a few weeks, and then return, and in the past my 90-day check-in was always the 90-days of the current entry on the immigration card that they staple in, if This is true, then I might be having to to go immigration 6+ days a year, instead of the normal 5 ( 4+1 retirement visa )

Edited by bilbofarang

It still 90 days from the date you enter the country to do the report. The fine for being late for it is 2000 baht.

The 800 baht fine is for not reporting your return to your residence within 24 hours of arriving at your residence.

• Haha 1

Can someone here please explain the THB800 per day fine?? For the thai-wife, people here seem to be evading the essential question.

"Immigration told me THAI-WIFE MUST PAY THB800/DAY when Late"

Anybody know about this??  

The immigration lady made it sound like the THB800 per DAY fine on the 'mia-farang' was something 'new'.

25 minutes ago, bilbofarang said:

Can someone here please explain the THB800 per day fine?? For the thai-wife, people here seem to be evading the essential question.

"Immigration told me THAI-WIFE MUST PAY THB800/DAY when Late"

Anybody know about this??  

The immigration lady made it sound like the THB800 per DAY fine on the 'mia-farang' was something 'new'.

I Thought the place your staying was covered by the entry document, but she acts like your wife must report your having arrived and living at your address i.e. TM30 I think it is. Not the same as a 90 day report at all.  Seems strange to me.  Never reported our address beyond the entry document and during visa renewal - it would seem if it never changed between renewals or after you entered it would not require reporting again and again.

22 minutes ago, bilbofarang said:

I think I answered it.

53 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

The 800 baht fine is for not reporting your return to your residence within 24 hours of arriving at your residence.

I assume you are living at your wife's house. Which makes her responsible for doing a TM30 report when you return form a trip out of the country within 24 hours.

31 minutes ago, bilbofarang said:

There is no 800THB per day fine, you probably understood something wrong. Your wife got fined 800THB for not doing the TM30 within 24 hours after your arrival, doesn't matter if she did it a day or a week late.

• Like 1

My wife was fined 800 baht and we were 4 weeks over, never knew they had started it. But the form she signed had 1600 in it and the officer did mention 2k. It's just a money maker that serves no purpose as they already have your address on plenty of bits of paper, including the arrival card you just filled in!

16 minutes ago, Psimbo said:

Register the property online and do the address reporting from the comfort of your chair when you get back from any trips- takes about a minute once you have it set up.

I don't think it can be done on line without them registering the house owner and giving you a log in?

1 hour ago, RKASA said:

I Thought the place your staying was covered by the entry document, but she acts like your wife must report your having arrived and living at your address i.e. TM30 I think it is. Not the same as a 90 day report at all.  Seems strange to me.  Never reported our address beyond the entry document and during visa renewal - it would seem if it never changed between renewals or after you entered it would not require reporting again and again.

where have you been for the last year or so tm30's are required at many local immigration offices, with fines of 800/1600 baht for non submissions, of you haven't left the country for a while, then maybe your local office doesn't enforce the tm30

Edited by steve187

It seems that there is so much confusion about the 90 day reporting requirements and the reporting address within 24 hours to local office.

When I arrived in BKK in December told I had to report in 90 days, arrived in Phitsanulok, 24 hrs later, went to check where the local office was located.

Told at the Phitsanulok office that I had to complete forms reporting my address, then had to report each 90 days. 

There appears to be a lack of consistency in the requirements. Forms were completed and returned by condo management 48 hrs later. 

Management had stated they have never had to complete these forms before.

1 hour ago, steve187 said:

where have you been for the last year or so tm30's are required at many local immigration offices, with fines of 800/1600 baht for non submissions, of you haven't left the country for a while, then maybe your local office doesn't enforce the tm30

Well we made a trip just before before Sept. and returned then did a renewal of the visa Oct - no one said a word.  Must be less then a year that it has changed to this.

3 hours ago, Orton Rd said:

I don't think it can be done on line without them registering the house owner and giving you a log in?

The house owner registers the property (in this case it is not clear if his wife owns the house or he rents from someone else).  If the house is owned by someone else its easy to set the online reporting up in their name for them. You get the login id and password off the landlord and then just update the details yourself- very easy. It saves the landlord grief as well. If the house is in the wife's name its basically the same principle.

Edited by Psimbo

Let me get this straight, as it had happened to me while reporting 90 days.....without a fine but

We all have a re-entry visa based on extension of stay.......regular visits to Laos........new entry stamp was start of the 90 day in the country, NOW when getting back home we need to report @ immigration with a tm 30 confirmation of address and follow the stamp entry date on the address confirmation slip given by IO date after 90 days we have to report our presence again.

If in the country the whole time or not.

Am I correct?