Residence declaration in bkk

The owner of my condo can't be bothered to register me as living in his block.the last time I went to wattana to extend my visa  they said im not registered as there and fined me 800.

I'm going to Vietnam next week for short trip.

I know I got 24 hrs on my return to register me as in my condo. Its a waste of time asking the condo owner as he doesn't do it. 

What shall I do. 

Can I go to wattana  myself to self register or declare? ???

I know it's the owners responsibility and he can get fined etc etc. .but he's doesn't care. 

So if I go to wattana the morning after im back. .can I register myself and what papers do I need to present  and is there any charge? ?

By the way. .I'm on a 1 year retirement extension

Thanks for your help

16 hours ago, Nardniles said:

I know it's the owners responsibility and he can get fined etc etc. .but he's doesn't care. 

Tricky, it says the responsibility is on The Owner, House Master or Possessor, the last one is how they make it the responsibility of tenants! Problem is getting some of the documents the IO will require of you!  Let us know what they asked of you.

• Like 1

Dr jack.

I did say I am registered currently bit I'm going to Vietnam next week and upon my return I need to be reregistered at my condo within 24 hrs.

My question's were..

1.can I go to wattana and do it myself

2.what papers do I need?passport and condo contract? 

3.is it free to do yourself 

36 minutes ago, Nardniles said:

Dr jack.

I did say I am registered currently bit I'm going to Vietnam next week and upon my return I need to be reregistered at my condo within 24 hrs.

My question's were..

1.can I go to wattana and do it myself

2.what papers do I need?passport and condo contract? 

3.is it free to do yourself 

To be perfectly honest I have always been confused about the tm30. I did one by mail about seven yrs back when I was about to do my first 12 month permission of stay based on retirement. Every extension including the first I just took along the lease etc. I have never done a 90 day report as I fly out of Thailand every couple of weeks. You mention shortly your going to Vietnam. I go every month and have never done a tm30. Thinking I may have missed the rules.

Dr jack.

If u r staying in a hotel in Thailand then they do it. 

But if u r staying in your own place rented or owned the rules were tightened up last November or so. 

There are a  few videos on YouTube about people getting fined when they go to immigration if they don't register within 24 hrs.

Thanks for your help

• Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, Nardniles said:

Dr jack.

If u r staying in a hotel in Thailand then they do it. 

But if u r staying in your own place rented or owned the rules were tightened up last November or so. 

There are a  few videos on YouTube about people getting fined when they go to immigration if they don't register within 24 hrs.

Thanks for your help

Thanks for that, however still confuses me and guess I will cop a fine if I ever go to CW imm. My condo building would not even be aware when away on trips etc. As I stated earlier I've been at same place for several years. Never needed a 90 day report. When do annual extensions they can see my tm6 card and yet zero tm30 never fined never questioned. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, ChouDoufu said:

you live in bangkok and report to chang wattana?

i believe tm30 is not required in bangkok.

Yes I live bkk. Obtain annual extensions at CW. Never done a 90 day report in several years. I don't wish to sidetrack the op, however have read on TV that Thai imm are "tightening up" regarding TM 30.

Perhaps someone might start an updated post on TM 30 requirement.

I try not to complain too much about the rules here as I'm a guest. However some people here are retired and travel a LOT. Inside and outside los. Seriously I would need to do over 50 tm30 per year if it applied to every stay outside my rented condo.