Brit who dealt drugs in Thailand complains about ‘torture’ of prison sentence

snoop1130

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The war on drugs is a lost cause. In the US, the only reason it continues is the false moral crusade waged by many Christian conservatives, Big Pharma, and the prison industry. It is a lost cause. Legalization of all drugs is the answer. Thailand continues to pursue draconian sentencing, when rapists, murderers, corrupt politicians, and slave traders roam free, or face light sentencing. It is all about the money. If you have enough cash, you do not serve the time. Even in the US, if you have millions to throw at a defense team, at least you have a chance. 

1 minute ago, spidermike007 said:

The war on drugs is a lost cause. In the US, the only reason it continues is the false moral crusade waged by many Christian conservatives, Big Pharma, and the prison industry. It is a lost cause. Legalization of all drugs is the answer. Thailand continues to pursue draconian sentencing, when rapists, murderers, corrupt politicians, and slave traders roam free, or face light sentencing. It is all about the money. If you have enough cash, you do not serve the time. Even in the US, if you have millions to throw at a defense team, at least you have a chance. 

but, they need all those from your above 'roam free' list - to finance/buy/sell/use the drugs, to keep the market alive...

Boo hoo!! Got caught, now crying. How sad, too bad, never mind. Suck it up boyo! 

Personally he could have rotted in prison for all I care. I would think some of those he trafficked to also had some problems. Their choice I know but he enabled them.

10 hours ago, darksidedog said:

Nice post, though sadly out of touch with reality in one respect. While I agree that am amnesty used to totally remove the fine, you are overlooking the fine print of the prisoner transfer treaty, which states that a receipt must be shown to prove that all fines have been paid prior to a prisoner being transferred home. So, while the fine is "technically"removed in an amnesty, you don't get a receipt for it, so it is for all intents and purposes, still there. This has been the case for the last two years, and has had Embassies screaming that prisoners are being held to ransom for the fine money.

So, in this case, his brother paid the fine. It did not reduce his sentence, but allowed him to be transferred home, where he got out quickly. Spare a thought for those whose families do not have that sort of money, who are being kept hostage for it.

Thai people do have the fine removed in the same way in an amnesty, but they do not have to show  a receipt at any point, for anything, so it is a totally unfair practice.

I repeat, Welcome to Thailand, where money talks, and allows the rich to get off lightly.

If you want to PM me, I will put you in contact with many families who will confirm that what I am saying is gospel truth.

Or contact your Embassy, who will also confirm this disgraceful practice.

Yes you can pay the fine off and can be put up for transfer back home I know this for a fact as I know someone who was sentenced to 50 years for having hardly any drugs on him he would not have even gone to court in the UK for it. The fine has been paid by his family and he is waiting for Transfer so you are out of date with your information.

12 hours ago, KhunFred said:

Thai prisons are horrible. This is not news to anyone who pays attention, I feel for anyone banged up in these places. There are much worse things than drugs done here and most go unpunished. Thailand and most other countries have followed America's drug hysteria into a morass of cruelty to their own people. Prisons deter nothing and solve nothing. Drug use is usually its own punishment. Decriminalization is the only sane solution.

He sold meth. Never want meth to be legal. He ruined other people’s lives and souls and families for money. He should stay in prison forever. 

He should stop sniveling, or as they say in the UK. 'do come along'. Lucky he was not in one of those prisons in one of those countries where he could have lost all his teeth from getting 'skull <deleted>. Like the song goes 'if you dance to the music you have to pay to the piper'.

\What's next? A book deal about how horrible the prisons are here with no mention of why he was sentenced to 30 years in the first place? Oh the humanity. 

20 minutes ago, spidermike007 said:

Legalizing meth is not a good solution. He got better than he deserved. 

I like Duertes model better, just shoot the drug dealers as the courts are  backed-up and the prisons are overcrowded!
It's easy, you choose if you want to do drugs or not and you sure as hell choose if you want to sell drugs or not because there is no one that first force a needle in your arm and the force you to sell the product. And you can't blame addiction because it was all your own choice or stupidity that first time you used drugs even though you have been told since you were in school that "don't do drugs because you will become addicted"!
It's like my former student, she is doing drugs because "they make her have more fun when partying"... even thou her father is serving a 20 year prison sentence for selling drugs!?

1 hour ago, sahibji said:

imprisonment in itself is sufficient punishment. there is no need need to deprive a person of his  dignity and

self self worth.

if prisons could solve human problems these should have become obsolete by now. 

unfortunately each country has its own taking on this matter and the treatment of offenders is accordingly different in

these countries.

Certain incarceration facilities are even more notorious with gang rapes, violence being common.

we should not be judgmental of anyone, without knowing the total story.

He sold meth to try to get lots of cash. Lock him up and talk about the lives he destroyed not his worthless I made a mistake BS. 

12 hours ago, KhunFred said:

Thai prisons are horrible. This is not news to anyone who pays attention, I feel for anyone banged up in these places. There are much worse things than drugs done here and most go unpunished. Thailand and most other countries have followed America's drug hysteria into a morass of cruelty to their own people. Prisons deter nothing and solve nothing. Drug use is usually its own punishment. Decriminalization is the only sane solution.

Thai prisons are horrible. I feel happy for the drug dealers sent to prison for ruining lives of other people by distributing the disease. Prisons deter little but keep the trash off the street. Drug use does not punish the dealer but his clients. Decriminalization should be tried in an isolated zone before making uneducated decisions.

2 minutes ago, Wake Up said:

He sold meth to try to get lots of cash. Lock him up and talk about the lives he destroyed not his worthless I made a mistake BS. 

Agreed, then had the gall to have a family member pay his way out after serving only one 1/10th of his time. 

1 hour ago, Nyezhov said:

I think drug laws are stupid. I think drugs should be legal and freely distributed. That would keep the crime rate down and the population of losers. Nothing like a bit of scag to lower life expectancy. That being said, until the dope utopia occurs, you plays the game, you takes your chances.

Yeah, use the net tax payers's money to distribute free drugs, then free healthcare, paid of course by the net tax payers, to fix what can be fixed. Anything with an IQ below 100 will go into that vicious circle and never get out. Brave new World (a book), it had that model for the 'common people'. All they need are drugs and reality tv.

1 hour ago, Nyezhov said:

I think drug laws are stupid. I think drugs should be legal and freely distributed. That would keep the crime rate down and the population of losers. Nothing like a bit of scag to lower life expectancy. That being said, until the dope utopia occurs, you plays the game, you takes your chances.

I think drug users are stupid. I wouldn't mind if that population of losers who use drugs overdose and die. Lower their life expectancy and clear the world of some losers.

1 minute ago, bbi1 said:

I think drug users are stupid. I wouldn't mind if that population of losers who use drugs overdose and die. Lower their life expectancy and clear the world of some losers.

LOL. And what meets your definition of 'drugs'? One man's trash is another man's treasure, depending upon the country. Ganja is legal in several countries and partially legal in others, yet it is an illegal 'drug' in Thailand. You think people who smoke ganja should be put to death? How............enlightened of you.

It's simple: Don't do drugs in Thailand as the penalties are severe. Those that choose to continue with their habit must accept the fact that here in Thailand it's "zero tolerance". I've no sympathy with anyone selling drugs here personally. To better their lives financially they ruin others ........... fact. It's a criminal offence to sell drugs, hence if you are caught you go to prison. In some countries the penalty is death & complaining about the treatment they get in prison is pathetic. All drug pushers/dealers should be dealt with severely, serve a maximum of five years in a Thai jail before being repatriated to their country of origin. No bonds should be paid as all penalties should fit the crime ........ your ability to post bond to release you from prison should never be considered. 

2 minutes ago, GalaxyMan said:

LOL. And what meets your definition of 'drugs'? One man's trash is another man's treasure, depending upon the country. Ganja is legal in several countries and partially legal in others, yet it is an illegal 'drug' in Thailand. You think people who smoke ganja should be put to death? How............enlightened of you.

Anything that's considered illegal. And yes to your question. We don't need those losers in our society. They contribute to the pollution by smoking that stuff too and nobody wants to breathe stuff others are smoking.

9 hours ago, Kadilo said:

Can’t see his book being a best seller. 

Typical greedy dumb Brit who now wants some kind of sympathy. 

It's promo for the episode airing in March

"Locked Up Abroad" Thai Meth Bust (TV Episode 2019) - IMDb

Jimmy gives up his job as a postman to open a bar in Thailand, but quickly starts dealing meth. The police get wise and in a dramatic takedown bust him and send him to prison.

Hide behind the Cannabis Bush, crafty, its a good opening defence gambit but its just a Beer, its not Class A that ruins lives, just makes em look dim as a drunk, talk as much crap and equally smelly. China/Spore has the right Class A way , no way, Execute.

Drug crimes are victimless crimes. No one is forced to takes drugs. Anything people decide to do to themselves should never be a crime.

The cowards and hypocrites who applaud the death penalty here are easily pictured: ruddy-faced, orange peel skin, ethanol-pickled.

Lot of his tale doesn't add up . Gets 30 years and out in 3 after brother coughs up 85,000 gbp and finishes time in wandsworth. Sold it for 130 gbp a gram ?? Don't know but im pretty sure all these meth heads aren't running around buying the stuff at that price !!

His brother just gave away 85k like that because he loved him so much ?

I thought wandsworth was a high risk place for severe criminals and lifers who are a danger to others ?

Been in samui for 11 years and never heard of him , his bar or his story .

A few years back a young English guy got caught importing drugs into Thailand and he got something like 50 years and did 8 years here before being shipped back to the UK, I dont know if he's still in jail in the UK I think at the time it was upto the Thai's how much time he would do in an English jail.

36 minutes ago, JackGats said:

Drug crimes are victimless crimes. No one is forced to takes drugs. Anything people decide to do to themselves should never be a crime.

The cowards and hypocrites who applaud the death penalty here are easily pictured: ruddy-faced, orange peel skin, ethanol-pickled.

Not the most well thought out comment.

Archived