Brit who dealt drugs in Thailand complains about ‘torture’ of prison sentence

snoop1130

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply
13 hours ago, Kadilo said:

Can’t see his book being a best seller. 

Typical greedy dumb Brit who now wants some kind of sympathy. 

Any nationality who deals in drugs for the easy money, knows the risks..

The risk is that if you get caught you pay the heavy price...

The bloke should pay that price, he gambled and lost...

5 hours ago, Wake Up said:

He sold meth. Never want meth to be legal. He ruined other people’s lives and souls and families for money. He should stay in prison forever. 

It was their choice to take the drugs, everyone has that choice.

6 hours ago, quandow said:

So he lost three <deleted>ing teeth. How many people lost entire FAMILY MEMBERS to the poison he knowingly sold? I hope he also lost his anal virginity many times over. With NO lube.

Is that how you like it, no lube?

No one deserves to be raped - no one......

3 hours ago, faraday said:

Not the most well thought out comment.

In fact, it was a totally inane, asinine comment.

But we do come on TVF to be entertained.  It's a laugh a minute . . .

No way 

You mean someone went to prison and didnt enjoy it?

Whats rhe world coming to

We must get on this

Start puttinf jacuzzis in the rooms havknf wifes allowed in. Luxyry 4post beds

Room with sea

The old saying is don't do the crime if you can't do the time.

Personally, I am in favour of decriminalising most drugs that are currently illegal. Heroin, opium, cocaine, pot. The evidence from those countries that have decriminalised is the crime rates fell, because users did not have to resort to criminal activity to finance their addiction anymore. With the proviso people committing offences under the influence of drugs get exactly the same treatment in court as someone who is stone cold sober.

Unfortunately, the evidence is also that meth is a special case. It's decimating entire communities, because someone under the influence of meth can be even more violent than someone under the influence of the legal drug alcohol. I haven't heard of pot smokers doing anything more than lie around and giggle a lot.

8 hours ago, ukrules said:

Does anyone know the names of the judges involved in this case, or any criminal case for that matter ?

Yes, they are always on the judgement papers.

9 hours ago, pattayadgw said:

What about the farang guy who walked from death row recently after serving only a short time... you don't think money had something to do with his release?  of course it did !! 

No,  different scenario, his charges were overturned to far lesser charges and he was cleared of the serious ones. Money involved? That's the 64 million dollar question.

6 hours ago, geriatrickid said:

Written by someone who does not understand the drug problem of Thailand.

Yaba/  crystal meth /  drug of insanity  is a poisonous chemical substance and legalization will not make the problem go away. Killing the importers and distributors is more effective.  The drugs are already dirt cheap and are used by criminals to control others. Yaba has few similarities to the drug problems of the USA. 

Thai prisons are not so much a deterrent as a means of protecting the population from yaba users who are often violent and psychotic. Thailand does not have the financial means to fund western style drug rehabilitation programs. Unfortunately,  rehab does not work for the typical  yaba user. Getting older does. If a young user can be kept out of harm's way for some time while he or she matures, that maturity will be the biggest factor in shaking the addiction. There is little  hope for the older chronic  users. Usually they are dead after a few years anyway. Often it is a violent death or a concurrence of other illnesses such as TB, hepatitis, HIV, parasites, renal collapse, liver failure etc.

I agreed with all your post until you said Thailand didn't have the financial means to address the problem. A bit less spent on the military budget for a non-existent external threat and they would have the money easily enough.

It seems this Kelly character, although he is clearly a loser, has something of a charmed life.  From postman, probably quite a grueling job, he becomes a bar owner in sunny Thailand - living the dream. 

Deals drugs to such a degree that he can afford to buy another bar; that's corporate growth, he was on an upward trajectory.  Gets nailed and sentenced to an awful amount of time, but has a loving brother who commits his own life savings to get Kelly out of a Hell hole and back to the joys of a prison cell in Blighty; 3 squares and television.

And then, le piece de resistance, he is out after 3 years and is the local darts champion!

A book?  They should be paying him thousands for the film rights!

2 minutes ago, Scouse123 said:

Yes, they are always on the judgement papers.

No,  different scenario, his charges were overturned to far lesser charges and he was cleared of the serious ones. Money involved? That's the 64 million dollar question.

I agreed with all your post until you said Thailand didn't have the financial means to address the problem. A bit less spent on the military budget for a non-existent external threat and they would have the money easily enough.

Jesus H, yeh and a bit more Dole Bro, free School Din Dins. Dam rich folks fault bro init. Wheres me Spray Can..

Guys,

Most of these losers in Thai prisons are guilty as charged. I am astonished how the silly basket case could admit to dealing in drugs and prostitution, then say he got involved with large amounts of drugs to sell to the masses, so he could buy the bar next door! Oh well, that's OK then. We thought you were doing this to be a badass drug dealer when really you just want to expand your illegal empire................. What a plonker!

After buying the bar next door with drug money, what is it next? Selling drugs to buy a bigger house or a nicer car?

If one guy should have stayed behind bars in Thailand it is this pillock. He then complains about conditions. That old chestnut has been done to death by ex cons hoping to cash in on their crimes by selling to newspapers and book deals. They are complete with the over the top, usually invented, obligatory horror stories to top previous books so as to give the entertainment value to the reader.

2 minutes ago, HAKAPALITA said:

Jesus H, yeh and a bit more Dole Bro, free School Din Dins. Dam rich folks fault bro init. Wheres me Spray Can..

Well said. I am amazed.

I didn't know you could speak gibberish as well as that.????

Meth-dealing Koh Samui bar owner attacked in Thai prison

By The Thaiger

0_PAY-75669.jpg

PHOTO: The Mirror

A British man says he had three teeth knocked out and that going to a Thai prison for dealing drugs was ‘torture’.

Jimmy Kelly was sentenced to 30 years but ended up spending just three behind bars for selling crystal methamphetamine at the bar on Samui he owned.

His sentence was dramatically cut because his brother Gary allegedly paid 3,280,000 baht in life savings (the article doesn’t mentioned who the money was paid to).

Full story: https://thethaiger.com/news/samui/meth-dealing-koh-samui-bar-owner-attacked-in-thai-prison

thtthaiger.png

-- © Copyright The Thaiger 2019-01-24

18 hours ago, KhunFred said:

Thai prisons are horrible. This is not news to anyone who pays attention, I feel for anyone banged up in these places. There are much worse things than drugs done here and most go unpunished. Thailand and most other countries have followed America's drug hysteria into a morass of cruelty to their own people. Prisons deter nothing and solve nothing. Drug use is usually its own punishment. Decriminalization is the only sane solution.

Never a chance missed to include America in a post, however irrelevant. He is a UK citizen and the prison is in Thailand.

Why not mention the UAE, Malaysia or other countries where death can await drug dealers? Cruel enough? The reason is obvious. The USA is a bigger, more convenient target for those with poor eyesight, slanted  rhetoric and nimble fingers.

27 minutes ago, HAKAPALITA said:

Well said.

It's the rich wot gets the gravy, and the poor wot gets the blame . . . ????

18 hours ago, Happy Grumpy said:

Cough

Yes - if he'd had more money available at the time of sentencing he probably wouldn't have gone to jail at all!

But he maybe spent it on buying another bar where he could sell more drugs!

Should have been made to do the full 30 years

17 hours ago, jabis said:

"Kelly was released in 2014 after serving three years and four months in prison. He now lives near his brother in Watford, Hertfordshire where he has become a pub darts champion."

Slightly better than being a meth-addict in South East-Asia ????

I don't think he was a meth addict, he was a supplier - big difference, and consequently a long sentence, which is irrelevant when you have "many baht"! 

17 hours ago, jabis said:

"Kelly was released in 2014 after serving three years and four months in prison. He now lives near his brother in Watford, Hertfordshire where he has become a pub darts champion."

Slightly better than being a meth-addict in South East-Asia ????

A darts champion......Good grief....????

6 hours ago, JackGats said:

Drug crimes are victimless crimes. No one is forced to takes drugs. Anything people decide to do to themselves should never be a crime.

The cowards and hypocrites who applaud the death penalty here are easily pictured: ruddy-faced, orange peel skin, ethanol-pickled.

How about you go and remove the dead bodies of the innocent family that some drug crazed idiot has just run into because the bastard that wanted money badly sold rotten drugs. Any convicted drug trafficker or pusher should be executed. I hope that it never happens to your family JackGats but I hope that you will get up from the meal table and walk out from your family to help remove the mutilated bodies of the young children from the wrecked car and then wear the blood stained clothes home for your family to see what some greedy mongrel that you support with the decriminalization of drugs did to another innocent family. You are the hypocrite if you do not have the guts to go and see what really happens in the real world. I left my wife and children at the meal table on many nights even on my children's birthdays just to remove the bodies of those killed by the people that you and anyone else that wants to legalize the drugs support. 

2 minutes ago, Russell17au said:

How about you go and remove the dead bodies of the innocent family that some drug crazed idiot has just run into because the bastard that wanted money badly sold rotten drugs. Any convicted drug trafficker or pusher should be executed. I hope that it never happens to your family JackGats but I hope that you will get up from the meal table and walk out from your family to help remove the mutilated bodies of the young children from the wrecked car and then wear the blood stained clothes home for your family to see what some greedy mongrel that you support with the decriminalization of drugs did to another innocent family. You are the hypocrite if you do not have the guts to go and see what really happens in the real world. I left my wife and children at the meal table on many nights even on my children's birthdays just to remove the bodies of those killed by the people that you and anyone else that wants to legalize the drugs support. 

I noticed that you mentioned the word drug/s several times. Is alcohol included in your definition of 'drugs'? If so, how do you react to that?

1 hour ago, sambum said:

I don't think he was a meth addict, he was a supplier - big difference, and consequently a long sentence, which is irrelevant when you have "many baht"! 

From the article: "...It wasn’t long before he was caught up in drugs, taking and selling crystal meth." ????

18 minutes ago, Vacuum said:

I noticed that you mentioned the word drug/s several times. Is alcohol included in your definition of 'drugs'? If so, how do you react to that?

Yes, actually it is, it kills just as many as does the illegal drugs. I do enjoy a drink, but that is only at home or if I am staying somewhere where I do not need to drive, I will never drive if I have had a drink. There are many reported incidents of domestic violence against spouses and children by those affected by alcohol. So, yes, it is a drug. 

2 hours ago, the guest said:

Introduce Singapore sentencing, ppl wouldn't really think twice before dealing in drugs! (BTW: Singapore is one of the safest places in the world)

N Korea would be number two, according to your way of thinking.

Archived